“No internet.”

Hyatt Place Princeton
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I chose this hotel based on it positive reviews, however, there needs to be made mention of their ongoing issues with internet connectivity. During the second half of our stay there was no internet available anywhere in the hotel--I do not mean wireless-I mean no internet. They were not even able to access my bill. In this day and age that is unacceptable. While this is a nice hotel, its not nicer than a lot of the hotels in the area and lack of internet-regardless of the cause-is not OK for the paying traveler. Wake up Hyatt and fix this problem or remove from your website that you offer internet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We would like to thank you for your time out of your busy schedule for leaving your comments on our Trip Advisor page.

It is unfortunate that during your stay the provider who services the area had some issues with the connectivity. We would like to advise that we worked closely with the provider in getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please note that we do provide complimentary wifi to all of our guests and are continuously upgrading the cabling and service to provide to most fluid service to our guests. We experienced a unfortunate situation and feel confident this is not a repetitive situation.

If there is anything I or any of my management staff can be of assistance with for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was the greatest place I've stayed in a long time. Chose it for its proximity to Princeton University, but loved the location near 2 malls and tons of restaurants. The room was very spacious, with a separate living area, and everything seemed new and sparkling clean. Lots of free self-parking. The included breakfast was great, with hot breakfast sandwiches, fruit, and anything else you would want. They kept it well-stocked and overall the staff was wonderful. We walked to dinner both nights we were there and loved having so many choices. The fitness room had only one piece of each type of equipment (treadmill, bike, elliptical), but was very clean and everything was in working order. There were also clean towels and water. The price for all this was fantastic, too - less that I've paid for much worse places. I would definitely choose this place if I return (hopefully I'll have a Princeton student soon)!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

We are so excited to hear about your wonderful stay with us. We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review on our Trip Advisor page. We are truly excited about the completion of our renovation and so happy that our guest, such as yourself, are enjoying it.

We hope your son or daughter get into Princeton and we get to have you back at our property in the near future!

We wish you and your family the best of luck!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The facilities here were great but looking a little tired. Comfortable bed, small kitchen sink, desk and lounge area in room. Breakfast included but wasn't up to the usual standards of a US hotel. Very friendly staff. The room service food was limited and not so great, but will do if you need to eat there. Nice quiet location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We would like to thank you kindly for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review on our Trip Advisor page.

We have currently completed a huge renovation on our property and do apologize for the appearance of our lobby a few weeks back. Please note that all of our rooms are freshly done with new carpeting, bedding packages, brand new bathrooms an new sleeper sofa sectionals. We have also renovated our hallway carpets and public restrooms. We are extremely excited about this renovation and hope you return soon to enjoy all the great new things.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can be of assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, a girls softball team also stayed here the same night. Despite being old enough to know better, they were running up and down the halls and screaming for 2hrs before I called the front desk to ask if the floor would be monitored soon since it was 10pm. Ryon was working the front desk and was very apologetic for these guests behavior. He was very busy at the desk but as soon as he had the chance, he spoke with these guests and there was no further issue from them.He handled the issue professionally and genuinely wanted all guests to have a great stay. He was also efficient and friendly when we checked in. The man working the front desk the next morning was equally friendly and efficient. The rooms were large and clean and the beds comfortable. There are many shops and restaurants in the area of the hotel. Breakfast was hot and a variety was provided. You can also purchase starbucks in the lobby or a beer/glass of wine in the evening if desired. We did not end up using the pool since there were already so many other guests and many children in the pool when we arrived.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We would like to thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to leave us feedback on our Trip Advisor page. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we do apologize for the rowdiness of the team. Please note Ryan did advise me of the situation and I immediately contacted the appropriate school.

We hope to see you back at the hotel soon and please feel free to stop by the office if there is anything you should need.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Place right up until I got the bill. I originally booked for 2 nights at $124/night. Due to a flight cancellation I arrived a day late so my stay was reduced to one night. The rate on my bill was $165! Their explanation was that their rates are based on the length of stay. This policy was not shown when I made my reservation. I asked them to reduce my bill but they refused. Other than that, my room was beautiful and quite large and had just been renovated. There was even a bottle of water and a cookie on the desk to welcome me. The sectional sofa was big and comfy and they even had a throw blanket to put over my lap. The TV had every kind of adapter to conveniently attach computer, tablet or other equipment. The soup and salad I ordered from room service were delicious and very reasonably priced ($10 for the combo). They have a nice breakfast buffet with hot breakfast sandwiches and a large variety of options. As I said, I thought the hotel was terrific except for the surprise room rate. I would stay here again but would be sure to ask questions about the rate at the time of booking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy scheduled and leaving a review for us on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and all it's great ammenities.

Pricing does fluctuate based on length of stay, and availability. When you are ready to book with us again please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to answer all and any questions you may have on rate, the hotel and our guestrooms.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

They were able to give me a room on same day notice...for this, I think they deserve a Customer Service Award.

Pros:
1. Newly refreshed rooms
2. Great customer service, as they helped me in a time of need.
3. Good hot breakfast

Cons:
The housekeeping staff forgot to clean my room. I guess, since I was unexpected, they didn't know the room was occupied.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We ae so THANKFUL that you were able to take time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review here on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear from our guests especially during our renovation. It's exciting to know that you enjoyed the new room and enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to provide exceptional service and it is a true compliment to have you say such wonderful things about our hotel and team.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at Hyatt/Place, Princeton, and found it a very good buy. The room was large, the bed comfortable, the tv huge, and the atmosphere in general was pleasant.
The staff at the front desk and at the breakfast kitchen was very helpful and cheery and the foods available for breakfast were plentiful and nicely prepared. We have reason to return to Princeton before long and this will be our first choice. We have stayed at other Princeton hotels along Route 1 and several of them were quite nice, but for a rather economical cost this has been the best so far. They are undergoing some renovations, but the activity did not begin until a civil hour in the morning and the sound level of the work was never overbearing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Patrick,

We would like to thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to leave this wonderful Trip Advisor comment. We work hard to make sure all of our guests feel as if this were their home away from home especially during our renovation period.

We hope to see you back soon and if we could be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me or our GM.