“Fine for a Quick Trip”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Knoxville, TN
“Fine for a Quick Trip”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hyatt Place Princeton is in a great location and the room was wonderful. Comfortable bed, separate sitting area with a tv that can be rotated to be seen from the bed or the couch. Large shower and wet bar with mini fridge and coffee maker. The included breakfast was a great start to the morning. It may have been an anomaly, but on check-in there was only one person working and checking in the people in front of me seemed to take forever. It took almost an hour from the time I entered the lobby until I was in my room. By the time I got my room key the first time (the key didn't work the first time I went to my room and I had to trek back down to the lobby. These things happen.) there were about 20 people waiting behind me. Once I got a working key and was in my room, I didn't have any complaints for the rest of my stay.

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator but I didn't hear a thing from it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank paul5562
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us your feedback on our TripAdvisor page.

We are glad you enjoyed the spacious rooms we have and all of our amenities.

We hope to see you back soon.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Westbury, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I loved my visit. We stayed overnight for my daughters birthday after being in Six Flags. We loved it. The space inside the room. Staff was great. The lady from the breakfast room was very nice and attentive to us.We will def go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us your TripAdvisor comment. We are so happy you chose us as your hotel of choice.

We love to hear from all of our guests and enjoy the positive feedback on our rooms, amenities and our amazing staff.

We work hard to make sure each of our guests have a wonderful experience and we hope to see you back soon.

Happy belated Birthday to your daughter.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Was here to visit a friend. The rooms were quite spacious and very comfortable for the price. Trust me, they were huge. The bed was comfy and the service was great. The fitness centre was small but had what one usually needs. The Breakfast sandwiches were one of the best hotel foods I have ever had. But do note that the breakfast tables in the morning fill up fast

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank hilroy2010
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We are so happy you chose us as your hotel for your stay. We also thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us your feedback here on our TripAdvisor page.

We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and it's spaciousness. Our rooms are slightly larger than standard hotel rooms giving our guests a more comfortable space.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here this week for 3 nights to go to Sesame Place. The hotel is charming, the staff was very welcoming, the rooms were large modern, and clean. It was a nice, quiet hotel, with an indoor pool. The location is great- in a center with restaurants, a Starbucks, -and a Barnes and Noble. It was a short 20 minutes to Sesame.My only issue was that nobody cleaned my room the day after I arrived. I called for fresh towels, but at 11:00 the morning after that, I had to go to the front desk and ask for the room to be cleaned, as I have little kids in diapers, etc. The manager had no idea my room wasn't serviced. By the time we returned at 3, the room had been cleaned. So, not the worst thing, but they should keep on top of what rooms are being cleaned to ensure all rooms are done every day.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lorgese10
Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your day to leave us your TripAdvisor comment. We are so happy you chose us as your hotel during your stay.

We love to see our guests and their families have an enjoyable stay while visiting our local attractions.

We hope to see you back soon!

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm not sure if I would stay here again. The location is great, and most of the staff was helpful. I stayed there for almost two weeks, and spent two and a half hours in the dark one night. I was told by at least three different members of the staff that I would be compensated for the time without power (this was never taken care of, even though I brought it up many times). I watched the house keeping staff scrub our toilet with gloves on, then hang up our new towels, and make our bed with the same gloves on. The pool is used for local swimming classes, and the water seems to be on the cloudy side. There are a lot of hotels in the area, and next time I will be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: The Air Conditioning doesn't seem to work properly. The room seemed colder during the day, and w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us your comment on our Trip Advisor Page.

We invite you to contact either of the managers here on property to further discuss your stay.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in both of the Hyatt properties in Princeton recently, this one and the nearby Hyatt Regency (reviewed separately), and both were very good, though each was different from the other. Both of them are easy to recommend.

Though this hotel seems to be aimed slightly more at family and leisure travelers as compared to the Hyatt Regency (which seems to focus a bit more on business clients or wealthier travelers), it is still quite plush and comfortable. The rooms (and the entire property, for that matter) seem to be either quite new or very recently completely refurbished, and everything is modern and in excellent repair and working order. Our room (and most or all of the others, I believe) was what some hotels might describe as a "junior suite," in that it was a spacious (but not huge) space with the bedroom area and sitting area divided by a short wall, with a very comfy king bed in the bedroom and sofabed in the sitting area. There was also a wetbar area with a counter, sink, and refrigerator. The bathroom was modern and attractive, with a very nice shower area (but no tub).

There is a nice indoor pool, and it seems well maintained. Breakfast is included in the room price, and while not fancy, it's a REAL breakfast from a self-serve buffet area off the lobby, with scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereals, etc. Definitely a cut above the usual "free" breakfasts included in hotels of this class.

We stayed here using accumulated Hyatt Gold Passport points, so we didn't pay money for it, but when I checked the prices being charged for rooms that day, I was surprised at how reasonable the price was.

The only minor glitch is that the desk staff, while very courteous, seemed short-handed, although the hotel seemed very full that day (there seemed to be a large youth soccer tournament in town when we were there, and many of the players and their families were staying in the hotel). When we called down to ask for some bedding for the sofabed, the phone rang and rang for several minutes before anybody answered, and it took a follow-up call before somebody finally showed up in an hour or so to deliver the requested bedding, and when we went to check out in the morning we had to wait several minutes for a desk clerk to show up, because it seemed that only one was working that morning and he had been forced to wander away from the desk for several minutes to help another guest with something. While the staff here is quite courteous, competent, and professional, management probably needs to spend a little money and hire more of them, rather than leaving the place so short-staffed at a busy time.

All in all, this is a very good, and very comfortable, hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cyberluddite
We thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us your message on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you chose us for your hotel stay and that you enjoyed it.

Our rooms have been currently renovated with a great modern package for our guests to enjoy. We are also very lucky that our rooms are slightly larger than the standard hotel room offering guests a partially separated living and sleeping space.

We hope you stay with us in the future and please feel free to contact either of the managers on property if there is anything you should need.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to a couple of places in US this time. We stayed in several hotels in different states and Hyatt Place Princeton is the best one! The room is big and clean. The staffs are friendly. During our stay, we need to go to Princeton University every day, the free shuttle bus service made our life much easier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jie Y
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are so happy that we were your choice for hotel on your journey through the US. We thank you for taking the time and leaving us your feedback on our TripAdvisor page.

Our staff strives to make every guest feel welcomed and have an excellent stay. Our spacious rooms are slightly larger than standard hotel rooms and offer a great environment to all of our guests.

We hope you got to see everything on your travel plans while here at the hotel and we welcome you back in the near future!