“Huge portions- bet on a doggy bag”

Little Portugal Restaurant & BBQ
Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: While we have a Main Street address, we are actually located behind Main Street, overlooking the parking and rear of the River Place apartments. There's pedestrian access to the restaurant from Main Street via a walkway next to the Rahway Art Hive.
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband works with the owner's son in the Navy in Virginia Beach and we finally got to visit this place because I grew up two towns over. A bit confusing! When we got there, the place was VERY clean and service was great. We had the wings as an appetizer and my husband got the kebobs and I got the chicken and beef ribs combo. Half of the plate was full of rice! The meat was cooked perfectly, medium as I requested, and the vegetables were awesome. I can't even make out what they were seasoned with but my mouth is watering just thinking about it! The only thing that could have made the trip better was some sort of ambient music. The place was so packed that it was very loud and echoing and we could hardly hear our conversation. I have also been told the garlic shrimp is amazing and plan on trying that next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is a great little BBQ. The service was excellent, and so was the food. I had the steak "Portuguese style", and it was delicious. My friends had both the chicken and pork, and they loved it. Its a BYOB restaurant, so we saved some money by bringing our own wine. For dessert, I had a homemade flan pudding, and an espresso coffee. They have an outdoor deck with plenty of tables, but we chose to eat inside because it was too muggy. Great food and great atmosphere - I will visit this BBQ again!