“Utterly forgettable”

Horizon Diner
Ranked #30 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Standard diner menu. Went there for breakfast. Coffee tasted burnt. Mexican omelette boring, canned/jarred salsa on top. Bathrooms gross and in need of repair. If you're hungry on rte 17, drive on by unless you're really hungry.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

The Horizon is a typical Diner for the area. The waiter was really friendly and served me quickly at the counter. The food was reasonable for the price charged but I think the coffee needed a fresh making as it tasted bitter.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Stopped here one night after shopping for some coffee and a piece of cake. Was not busy at all only few customers around 7 pm. Did not even get our coats off and waiter asked if we wanted anything to drink and when we ordered the drinks (before sitting), he asked if we knew what we wanted. Are you kidding me ??? We haven't even sat down yet of course we are not ready to order. I ordered coffee with cream and friend ordered tea with milk. After a while he brought the coffee and tea but forgot the regular milk and had to tell him to bring spoons which he also forgot. Finally brought the milk after about 5 minutes but again forgot the spoons. Friend had to get up and ask for them. Friend asked what kind of layer cakes they had he said he had to go see. Came back and mentioned 3 kinds of cake so friend ordered black forrest and I asked for Napolean, which is on the menu. He looked at me and said "what is a napolean"....AGAIN...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I said just give me the lemon cake. Cake was good, nice and fresh but small pieces. IF I go there again will make sure I do not get that waiter.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Their breakfasts are great, service very good, tnd the prices reasonable. We often to go there when we don't want to cook .
It has been there for many years. we have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Vatche
Reviewed 13 May 2012

waiter was awesome, quick, friendly and on top of everything! we had a breakfast, the eggs were made according to our request EXACTLY! the potatoes were fresh, tasty and a nice portion! prices are very reasonable and the staff is very friendly! on the way out we were asked to help ourselves to freshly baked cookies...they were delicious!!
when i am in this area again it will be my first choice !!!