“Excellent”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A co-worker suggested we go here. After a long days work I thought, "OK just another pizza joint." I was so wrong. He suggested the eggplant appetizer which was delicious. I could of had more of that as my meal. It definitely was not frozen out of a box. The eggplant was sliced nice and thin and breaded layered on top of each other with sauce on top. It was the best eggplant I've had in a very very long time. We then order a brick fired pizza with a couple of topping. It was also very good. The menus seemed a little short with mostly pizza choices but the food was very tasty. I would definitely go back when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Anthony’s is a very great place for pizza. If you aren’t going for pizza, I wouldn’t recommend it, as that’s about all they have. We got wings and a salad as appetizers, which were great, very big in size, and then a cheese pizza, which was absolutely delicious. We really enjoyed Anthony’s, and their happy hour atmosphere was great too. They have a lot of good beers on tap, and a lot of martini specials too.

It is a little pricey, compared to your typical pizzeria, but the pizza is much better than your typical pizzeria pizza. If you don’t like the burnt style pizza, from the coal burning oven, it’s not for you, luckily, I love that style of pizza.

They have a nice wine selection too, as I’m a wine drinker, and was able to find a bottle I liked, although their wine glasses can definitely use upgrading, but I understand it’s a pizza and beer place, more than a wine place, I’m just picky with wine glasses.

They have a young crowd, so it can get a bit loud, but not too loud, as we could still talk and enjoy the great food. Having a bottle of wine or a glass of beer with great pizza, nothing better than that. I would definitely return to Anthony’s for pizza, the coal burning oven makes the pizza taste so good.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went with a colleague who wanted a light lunch. We ordered 2 Italian Chianti wines and were given some wings to sample which were delicious. The pizza was split in half with one side being the roasted cauliflower and the other being eggplant marino. Both types were delicious but I enjoyed the cauliflower better. My buddy Michael also ordered a single malt Scotch to end the meal. Pricing was around ~$50 which was a bit steep but was because of the drinks. I didn't mind the char but I found that it was a little too much. Otherwise a good thin crust pizza.

1  Thank KidLove
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We've been going to Anthony's frequently over the past year and find it to be just great, being from Chicago and living in the NY area for over 25 years, pizza has to be really good for me to go back regularly. We typically order a large pizza and the house salad with mozzarella cheese. The pleasant surprise was to find real chunks of Italian sausage, not that sliced stuff you usually find on NY pizza. The wings with carmalized onions are wonderful, be sure to ask for blue cheese with them.

So why not a perfect score? The seating is too crowded. It's often so noisy we can hardly hear each other to visit. We never stay for dessert, primarily for this reason.

Service is always great!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Beyond the absolutely delicious pizza, the salads, chicken and other menu items are all equally great!