“Awsome pizza but very crowded”
Review of Kinchley's Tavern

Kinchley's Tavern
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kinchley's Tavern located in Ramsey NJ offers Italian food & pizza in a casual, family setting. Come see why we were voted "Best Pizza in the Tri-State"
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place has probably the best pizza in the local area. I ordered it to-go but I walked in and it is very crowded on Fridays but the food is very good.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We came Friday night. Food was OK, pizza was not bad, but service was very poor.
First girl took the order then said she's leaving and somebody else will serve us. Somehow somebody served us but when they brought a check I olny had $50 bill and I gave it to her (they only accept cash). She left with a promise to bring my change and never came back. We wait for 20 min (it was not crazy busy there at this time) and left.
I don't mind to leave tips but I prefer to choose amount of tips by myself.
Never come there again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Dough so thin and crisp, light and served in utterly simple, no frills, no pretentious ingredients style.

Proper soul food if you like NY style pizza. Great service from the pleasant staff, and great craic in the bar. What more do you want?

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I once went to Disney in Florida and the checkout person needed my driver's license; when they saw where I lived they asked me about Kinchley's. They have the best thin crust pizza and the cappuccino is overflowing with whipped cream.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I hadn't been here in several years. The reason is that in the past I thought it was just an average place. There's really nothing very special about it. I went out with a group of friends for our monthly dinner out and we decided to give Kinchley's a try.

The service was pleasant and competent.. Pretty much what you'd expect in an informal family restaurant. The group ordered an order of fried calamari and an order of fried clams. Both were among the worst I've had. Both appetizers were so overly breaded it was disgusting. The smell and taste of the oil reminded me of amusement park food. I wondered when the oil was last changed. ( Please no jokes about changing the oil every 5000 miles.) As you might surmise the appetizers were not a big hit. One person ordered a salad. It was of sufficient size that it was shared with another person or two. I didn't have any salad so I can't comment on the freshness of the vegetables

The group ordered 3 large pizzas. One topped with sausage, one topped with eggplant and the other topped with mushrooms. Everyone seemed to enjoy the pizzas with the mushroom being a hit, as well as the eggplant. Those who had the sausage mentioned that it was hot sausage. I'm not a big fan of thing crust pizza; however, these were okay because the crust was not ultra-thin. The sauce was fine. Again, nothing special or outstanding about it. The beer and wine selection is decent and the prices reasonable.

I often drive considerable distances to go to a restaurant with outstanding or interesting food. Although I live about 25 minutes from Kinchley's I will not be rushing back there anytime soon. There's nothing outstanding or interesting about it that justifies the drive. If it were a few minutes away maybe I'd go back.

Been to Kinchley's Tavern? Share your experiences!