“Hotel has BEDBUGS”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
New York City, New York
“Hotel has BEDBUGS”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I woke up in the middle of the night to find a bedbug crawling on me. I put in in a cup and took it to the front desk... No surprise to the person at the desk. They offered me a "gracious" 25% refund, which I never received. I also never got my Wyndham points for my stay. When I got home I unpacked in the driveway, shook out my clothes, and hosed off my luggage. I don't need to bring bedbugs home! There are enough comments about dirty rooms and bathrooms already. The free breakfast is literally cereal and an OJ dispenser. There are gnats flying all over the place around the food. The pool is permanently closed and covered. This hotel has been run to the ground and the owners are milking it.

Room Tip: Avaoid if you don't want to bring bedbugs home
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 4BizTravel

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2010

skip this place if you can....not sure how long the in room coffee was their i made a pot of it didn't smell like coffee.....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ed12_10

Travellers are raving about these Ramsey hotels

minnesota MN
Reviewed 19 January 2010

yes the room is big and dirty food stuck to the table towels nasty and they walk right in the rooms both this time and last yes I was dumb enough to stay twice room had spiders and a creepy male maid who came into bathroom while I was showering and wanted to talk to me yuck second time the peep hole was crack distorting the view of whom ever was out there. I had spiders big and red that I had never seen before. the heater was so noisy couldnt hear tv and my toilet wouldnt flush of course it overflowed in the middle of the night and no plunger in the room a woman alone isnt going to let creepy male maid into room that late will never stay there again

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank boulderdash
Upstate NY
Reviewed 29 July 2008

In town for business and tried to save $$. Not worth it. Kid at the counter was rude and felt bothered when I called for an early arrival. When I did arrive, he was dressed in a t-shirt, ripped jeans and sandals. Not very professional. The hotel looked like nothing has changed (or been cleaned) since the sixties. I cancelled my reservation and went up the road to the Holiday Inn Express. For $25 more it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank BlackandWhiteStripes
New york city, NY
Reviewed 2 January 2008

My stay at this hotel was much more than expected. Service was great and staff was friendly. Rooms were big and it looked like they upgraded their rooms since I stayed there last. I liked how there was a lot of open space at this hotel and I didn't feel like staying in a box. I would definitely stay here every time rather than other overpriced hotels.

Stayed December 2007
Annapolis MD
Reviewed 11 September 2005

Dirty and run down. Not well maintained at all. Towels had holes in them and were dirty. Sinks and counter tops were not clean. The continental breakfast was a joke. Carpets were poorly vacuumed.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank davidh4976
Orange Mass
Reviewed 25 July 2005

this Place needs LOTS of work the rooms are NASTY the sheets had holes in them the towles were Really Rough and the Bath tub/shower had almost no enamel left on the bottom of the tub i was in the back of the Hotel and it Still was Very Loud the ac didnt work to well and the Owners sopke Very Poor Englisg as i did Complain about the room

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank tiggerstripe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#4 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Ramsey? Share your experiences!