Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
US$109
US$115
US$107
Fair Motel(Upper Saddle River)
US$86
US$164
Residence Inn Saddle River(Saddle River)
US$167
US$149
US$85
US$82
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskwarm cinnamon rollshi expressdunkin donutsroad noisestayed one nightking bednorthern njfirst floorpancake machinehard boiled eggscomfortable bedsthe air conditioningwould stay here againbusiness tripnice roomparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This team has it down. They always make me feel welcome, as if am the only visitor. Love the greeting and service they continue to provide me with every time I return to this location. Will continue to be location of preference when visiting USR/Ramsey area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is obviously an older one, but from what I experienced they try very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Every staff member I ran into was friendly and helpful. I would highly reccommend that you ask for a room AWAY from the road because you will hear Rt. 17 constantly. I am from the Catkill Mts. so I am used to hearing owls at night, big difference! The room was on the small side, but very clean. Wi-Fi worked excellent. Warm cookies (Otis Sputmeyer (sp?)) came out at 5:00, yummy! My husband and I were there on Columbus Day and the place was packed so I don't want to say this is how things are usually there because I'm sure it's not this crowded normally but..... when we went down for breakfast all there was left was bages, oatmeal and cereal. The staff worked their butts off to continue to bring out scrambled eggs, sausage, etc, but they were eaten up as quick as they came out. NO Cinnabons at all that morning! I had oatmeal, juice, coffee and a banana and it was probably a healthier breakfast then what I would have chosen if everything was out, so I guess that worked out ok! Food, coffee and hot water was constantly being replenesed though, it was just so crowded. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but there is an IKEA up the road about 10 miles and my husband and I went there, I love that store now!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room AWAY from Rt. 17!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am not a fan of Holiday Inns and usually don't stay there, but I made an exception when I read the terrific reviews. They were right, this one is the exception that proves the rule. The room was what you'd expect from Holiday Inn, clean and comfortable, and the beds were exceptionally nice. There was very little room to spare, so if you plan an extended stay, I would ask for a larger room, but we were there for one night, so it didn't make a difference.

We were greeted by Hina and David. You're famous on Trip Advisor I told her and she grinned; I'm sure she's heard it before. David worked with Hina to coordinate our checkin and give us the requested room away from Rt. 17 noise. Hina also offered dinner recommendations, got us hooked up with a wifi password, and we had all the comforts of home.

It's the small things that distinguish hotels - Holiday Inn from Hampton from XYZ. But it's the people that make guests feel welcome, and Hina and her staff were exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from Rt. 17, if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
apurva14, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear mariawFL,

Thank you for the fabulous review! Our staff is our best asset and we take great pride in them. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just how good is this hotel..the best in the area. In the area two nights a week..tried five other hotels before I found this gem. The staff is friendly and tries to make your stay comfortable from the offer of a bottle of water and a crunch bar when you arrive or depart to the well appointed rooms with fridge and microwave. They have great led big screen tv's with HBO. The breakfast is extensive and includes eggs, rolls, pancakes, cereals and more. Great choice for Ramsey/Mahwah NJ.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was visiting relatives in Suffern, and this hotel had a decent rate and being an IHG Platium member, I usually gravitate towards IHG hotels. Figuring out how to get to the hotel coming from the north was a big of a challenge (thank You NJ-DOT road designs). NJ-17 is not a fun road to get on/off of. But upon entry of the hotel, it became instantly relaxing with the cozy lobby and friendly front desk staff. We were upgraded to a suite, which was a very nice room. Everything in the room was comfortable. My wife enjoyed the jacuzzi tub! The only negative was the room faced the front of the hotel, so we could hear the busy NJ-17 traffic.

In the morning, breakfast was very godo with a nice selection to choose from. I asked the front desk some help finding a local home center store, they were very helpful. I would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple