“YUMMY Cheesecake”
Review of Carlo's Bake Shop

Carlo's Bake Shop
Ranked #7 of 8 Dessert in Red Bank
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stopped into Carlo's Bake Shop during a trip to Red Bank. We are big fans of the Cake Boss show, so we wanted to try some dessert. The Cannoli and Cheesecake were both excellent. The store was nice and clean, and the server waiting on us was friendly. We enjoyed our visit.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Picked up pasties and a cake for the holidays. Order was boxed and tied when we picked up the order. To my surprise when I opened to serve the cream puffs were empty! And the remaining items were not fresh. Custard Cream was hard and whipped cream was not fresh. I could not serve to my guests. Sent pictures to manager to prove my point because I was basically called a liar over the phone. She then agreed the pastry were not filled. She refunded $4 of our $80 purchase. Will never go back nor recommend.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank VacMom2
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Not a good 1st impression. Male employee working was not very customer friendly to any of the customers that were looking for assistance. Their were barely anything in glass case shelves. Made us think these were pastries from previous day. A couple in front of us; asked the male employee did they sale pies. After making them repeat the question (when we clearly heard them); he stated,”No!” When clearly there were lil pieces of their pie samples located at the purchasing counter. When they finally settled on a pastry to try and went to purchase they saw the samples. I asked because they advertise cakes would they take an order for a Coconut cake. The male employee stated,”No!” I also needed to get 4 pies but if their samples were any indication of how tasty their pies were; Shoprite’s pies taste much better than what they placed out to intice customers to buy from them! I have to say, their was a female employee that came over that was more pleasant and customer friendly than her male counterpart at the end. Right away, she greeted the customers in the store and asked each one were they being helped. If her male counterpart was new, he definitely needs a retraining because he didn’t greet anyone while we were there nor did he ask if we needed help! Every customer had to get his attention for help and the store wasn’t crowded nor was he trying to replenish the almost empty selves. We left disappointed and went to find another bakery for our goods.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I have been to the one in Las Vegas a few years ago so I had a expectation going in the store is clean and nice but I am guess they don't have a huge customer base due to everything not being filled up. Aside from that the food is great yea it gets pricy fast but I knew that already. Liked everything about this shop just needed more variety. Best cannoli ever

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Absolutely beautiful cakes and pastries... as you would expect of the Cake Boss. The displays made it difficult to choose just one treat. I had the mousse cake...delicious but VERY sweet. Fun place to visit as you walk about downtown Red Bank.

Date of visit: July 2017