“Convenient to Red Bank” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient to Red Bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

In town just one night for a show at Count Basie Theater. Also stopped by Monmouth Park, a place we hadn't visited in years. Hotel a reasonable ride from Monmouth and only about 5 minutes from Count Basie.
Noticed when checking the room details on Marriott.com that it appeared our room would be pretty small but being there for only one night we went for it. At check in the lady offered to upgrade us to a larger room without our asking. She actually tried to give us an even better room but the system wouldn't let her because we were on a free night voucher. Nice that she tried and the room we got was just fine.
The room had a courtyard view and mini fridge. Decent size. Clean. Wifi worked fine. Nice sized bathroom. Area seemed safe. No complaints here.
Easy access to Garden State in the morning for the trip home. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank macndave
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
macndave,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard while you were in the Red Bank Area and taking the time to write a review. We hope you enjoyed the show at the Count Basie Theater and your time at Monmouth Park. We are happy that you found the hotel convenient to downtown Red Bank and that the hotel met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe for another show at the Count Basie or another run at the ponies at Monmouth Park!

Kiernan Newman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located and parking very good. We were in town to attend a performance at the Count Basie Theater. The hotel is very close to the theater and the downtown area. The reception personnel were efficient and helpful, the breakfast bar/bistro was convenient, making it easy to get a morning latte. The room provided the necessary amenities and was comfortable. Overall, it provided a good location and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
P L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard while you were in the Red Bank Area and taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you found the hotel convenient to downtown Red Bank and that the hotel met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe for another show at the Count Basie!

Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a very enjoyable experience at this property. I stayed only for a night but the staff was very helpful and courteous. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast in the morning at the cafe was good. The hotel is immediately off of the Garden State Parkway so it is convenient to go other places along the shore toward Manhattan. I would definitely stay again if I am ever back in that part of New Jersey.

Ed M,

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard when you are in the Red Bank Area and taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you had an enjoyable experience at our property and that you found the staff and amenities met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been coming to this hotel for so many years that the folks there are like family. I just returned from another week at the hotel and it was an excellent experience. The front staff (Barbara, Nicole, and Barbara) are wonderful and the dining (Bill and colleagues) staff are friendly, helpful, and prepare delicious meals. One of the best aspects of the hotel is that these folks are there year after year, remember me, and make me feel like this is a home away from home. Thank you all for making my trip so pleasant!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
DGPLLC,

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard for your “home away from home” when you are in the Red Bank Area and taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are delighted that you continue to choose to stay with us year after year and that we make you feel like family. I have shared your review with the all of the staff and Barbara, Nicole, Barbara, and Bill were excited that you mentioned them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area, we will be here to welcome you “home”.

Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We recently had a 2 day work conference at the Courtyard Marriott in Lincroft. The staff was really easy to work with to get it booked. While there, Stephanie and the rest of the staff were very accommodating and made sure everything was going smoothly. We ordered lunch through that Marriott one day and that was convenient. The rooms were clean and set up as we had requested. We look forward to having future work conferences at this location! Thank you Stephanie & team!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Alaina L,

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard for your recent meeting and taking the time to write a review. We are happy that we met your expectations for a great meeting and that the process for booking it was easy. We look forward to seeing you again for future meetings.

Mobile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was a well run establishment recently renovated. The only critique I have would be of the food served. I was at this hotel for a wedding and ate three meals there. For the prices, the food should have been better. On the last morning my breakfast sandwich had 1 slice of stale dry bread on it. I just didn't have the time or the inclination to complain. Otherwise, a very well managed, wellrenovated hotel.

Room Tip: Request one away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
uphill69,

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard for recent stay and taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate the time that you took to review our hotel. We are happy that we met your expectations with the accommodations and our newly renovated rooms and the staff . We are sorry that you did not find the food service of great quality. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, I welcome you to reach out to me directly. We hope to see you again in the future.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott does a very good job of serving traveler needs as expected. While you won’t find anything exceptional, you’ll be treated to very clean accommodations, effective and polite guest service and a well maintained hotel.

On the positive side, the hotel while older has been well maintained and the rooms themselves are on par with any new build hotel. I particularly enjoyed the sliding glass door to the patio / courtyard area. Not only can you let lots of fresh air in, you can step outside and truly check the weather or just enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Upper level floors in this 3-story hotel feature private balconies – a nice touch not common in many hotels built today. About half the rooms face the parking lot, so not all will have the peaceful courtyard view. The HDTV was just the right size and actually featured many channels in HD quality (vs. hotels with HDTV’s and old wiring). My guest room with 1 king bed featured a desk with office chair, refrigerator, coffee maker (in the bathroom) and sofa. The bathroom had a separate area with toilet / shower from the vanity, a nice option if traveling with 2 or more people.

Amenities include a nice size indoor pool (sufficient to get some swimming exercise) or just relax. The area also features indoor and outdoor lounge chairs for catching some sun too. I took a dip in the pool and it was refreshing (though a tad chilly at first entry). Other amenities include a fitness room, business computer and laundry room. This hotel does not have a public hot tub or sauna. The location is far enough from the highway and Garden State Parkway so road noise should not be an issue in any of the rooms.

For dining, in nearby towns (driving distance a few minutes), ample options are available. The hotel itself features the “Bistro” – a casual dining space with sandwiches, salads, coffee, and beer/wine are also served. I did not dine here for dinner, but did take advantage of the breakfast strictly out of convenience.

My stay only had a few less than positive experiences. My room (154) on the 1st floor was near the side entry / elevator. While this made for expected guest noise, the unfortunate issue is that this area also has a speaker with music playing 24 hours a day. It’s not a lobby, it’s an entry area strictly to get to/from the parking lot and your room. In the quiet of my guest room I could easily hear the music. Rather than call the front desk in the middle of the night, I used the ambient noise application on my cell phone to help drown out the music. Obviously this is a room specific issue based on location in the hotel.

The breakfast at a Courtyard by Marriott is not free – and that’s okay, I don’t mind and expected to pay. However, the cost / quality were not inline. I ordered the breakfast scramble which was eggs, potatoes, toast and bacon or sausage. Since I avoid gluten, I asked to substitute the toast and was offered more potatoes (was hoping for fruit). The eggs and potatoes were of the same quality you get for free at most hotels and definitely not worth $10 for the “platter”. With the added fruit cup and a regular cup of coffee, my total with tip was $19. My suggestion if you have time is go elsewhere or eat less. Service was pleasant and efficient.

Lastly, in the bathroom the shower head pressure was very strong (a good thing) except it could not be adjusted (a bad thing) so the water jetted out harsh. Forget about water cascading on your face, it hurt! Probably needs a new shower head with adjustable sprayer.

The reservation and billing process worked out perfectly, no issues in that area. The bed itself was newer (so it appeared) but very soft. Some will find this positive or negative, depending on your comfort. Most hotel beds are a lot more firm. I didn’t utilize the hotel Internet, so I cannot speak to the speed (but per the website, it is now included free with your guest room).

In the end, a solid 4-star experience, with minor annoyances. Overall, the experience was not much different than my recent stay at a Best Western Plus in Pennsylvania. I would certainly return and recommend if you’re looking for exceptionally clean accommodations and polite guest services.

Room Tip: I took a star off the rooms due to the shower head and soft mattress. Ask for a room away from an e...
Green Features: I didn't particularly see anything special in place (for say cups or paper), but all the lighting was energy efficient. I left my recyclable items on the desktop.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank historytraveler27
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
historytraveler27

Thank you for choosing the Lincroft / Red Bank Courtyard for recent stay and taking the time to write such a detailed review. We greatly appreciate the time that you took to review our hotel. We are happy that we met your expectations with the accommodations and the staff . We are looking into the areas on your “less than positive” to see what we can do to correct them into positives. We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank? Share your experiences!