“Old world elegance meets modern day hospitality”
Review of Molly Pitcher Inn

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our stay at the historic Molly Pitcher Inn was one of joy and celebration. We planned our three-night stay around our son's wedding. While the wedding reception took place elsewhere, the rehearsal dinner and Sunday morning brunch were centered at the Molly Pitcher. What excellent staff, service and food! We could not have asked for more.
Our suite was kept immaculately clean; the porters were quick and attentive; and the housekeeping staff promptly and securely returned to me some items I left behind when checking out. I find that kind of customer service to be rare these days.
Hats off to one and all for a great hotel in a charming setting!

Room Tip: The suite doesn't cost much more than a regular room and is completely worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon W, Assistant Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear T S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing superior service in all areas and we are happy that we have met your expectations.

I will be certain to pass on this review to our Banquet and Housekeeping department as well.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jon Winthrop

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here this past weekend because i was attending a Wedding close by. Rooms were very clean,and beds were super comfy! Definitely one of the nicest places i've stayed at down the shore. I would come back!

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor..they seemed to be the nicest of all the rooms :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
mstewart2014, Assistant Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear britty123,
Thank you so much for your delightful review!

I am most pleased to read that you found our service levels to be of the
highest standard and your overall experience to have reached your
expectations.

At The Molly Pitcher Inn, we pride ourselves on extending true genuine
care and a service level that each and every guest should always
experience.

We are very happy to hear that we were able to provide your with
a memorable stay and do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Mark Stewart

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Charming, old fashioned, very affordable inn if you have a reason to be in Red Bank NJ. Service is great, free wi-fi, free muffins and coffee for breakfast. The building looks like a grand old hotel, but everything inside is functional and modern.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Pmb55,

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Molly Pitcher Inn. It was great to read that you enjoyed all the service and facilities we provided you with. Please do come and see us again when I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

My kindest regards,
Amy Greene,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you like quaint hotels with character, and have some money to burn, you'll probably love the Molly Pitcher. Some of the positive aspects: Comfortable bed, excellent Sunday morning breakfast buffet (pricey, but worth it), interesting artwork, free internet access, and a good location on the river within walking distance to Red Bank shopping. Some of the negatives: Doors slammed shut on their own making for unnecessary noise, and the walls were very thin anyway. Service varied a lot from very friendly, to a little gruff. Overall, I can't say that the stay was a good value--I'd go back for the buffet, but wouldn't stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
mstewart2014, Assisant Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear MarkB,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time in providing us with detailed feedback and we apologize for the shortcomings you encountered.
I am most disappointed that the noise from other guests was an inconvenience to you. The Molly Pitcher Inn was built in 1928 and the room sizes, configurations, and the walls themselves are all original in the main building. Should you ever experience an overly loud guest in any hotel, or doors slamming please do not hesitate to inform the front desk as we can send security to address the situation.

I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to the Molly Pitcher Inn in the future.
Once again, thank you for sharing your observations with us. It is only with such feedback we can improve upon the service we provide to all of our guests.

Mark Stewart

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Every time I visit Red Bank and Monmouth County, I stay at the wonderful Molly Pitcher Inn. It is a landmark spot located on the beautiful Navesink River. Although the hotel has been around for a very long time its ambience and decor continue to create an atmosphere of distinction and elegance. There are several type rooms to choose from but we typically book a suite. Spacious and comfortable with beautiful bed linens. The Dining Room is simply spectacular with an incredible view of the River. Great bar and lovely intimate lobby area. Each morning there is complimentary coffee and delicious muffins to enjoy.
The Molly is walking distance to the quaint and happening town of old Red Bank. Many unique shops and trendy restaurants. I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Go for a junior or deluxe suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose W
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Rose W,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Perfection is our aim, and I am thrilled that we achieved it with you. Thank you very much for you kind appreciation of the huge teamwork involved in making every guest feel valued and welcome at the Molly Pitcher Inn.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have dined at the Inn many times but I stayed there recently when I had a family event. Mark at the front desk was exceptional and we were bumped up to the Honeymoon Suite which was lovely. The Molly Pitcher is a step back in time when it comes to classic hotels but the service and experience is top notch. It was a little getaway and for city folks, it's a perfect escape in an adorable community.

• Stayed: February 2014
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Hilly,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations and superior service, all within walking distance to downtown Red Bank.

I have shared your comments with Mark and our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next stay with us. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My daughter dreamed of the perfect wedding since she was a little girl and her dream came true at the Molly Pitcher Inn. This was all made possible with the competent, courteous and accommodating staff. From the initial meeting with Judy we knew we were in good hands. The ballroom looked exquisite and the food was delicious from the cocktail hour to the Venetian hour. Please pass my compliments to the chef for an extraordinary dinner. The front desk was pleasant and extremely helpful. The wedding ran smoothly from beginning to end because of Paul. He is truly an asset to the staff. It's not easy dealing with a bride and a large diverse bridal party but he went above and beyond to make sure every one was having a good time. Anything we needed he was spot on in handling it. The room accommodations were clean and comfortable. We will definitely be returning and I know my daughter and son-in-law will be celebrating many anniversaries there for years to come. Thank you again for everything.

Room Tip: Due to the age of the building there's no elevator service to the lower level. I enjoyed the on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear HarleyDMom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that your daughter's wedding went perfectly! We take great pride in providing the utmost in banquet facilities, service, and food to ensure that our guests have a picture-perfect event.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have been a part of your special occasion. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!