“Beautiful view, "paper thin" walls!”
Review of Oyster Point Hotel

Oyster Point Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I took my boyfriend and I here for a weekend getaway, his Christmas present was tickets to the Jim Gaffigan show at Count Basie Theatre (which was amazing!). The hotel is overall amazingly beautiful, and clean. The staff was friendly as well. The view in our River View King room was breathtaking, even for the winter time! My only complaints were how pricy everything seemed to be, I had ordered a pitcher of cranberry juice to the room thinking it would be cheaper than buying a few glasses at $4.00 or so a piece, and after I tipped the boy who brought it, I still paid close to $19! Our first night was a great experience, the second night I was abruptly woken up around midnight by a group of people who had left the bar because it had closed, and continued to party in the room next door...where I could hear every word of every song and every conversation. After their happiness, it turned into madness, and two men started fighting. Lastly, when we checked out Sunday morning, the itemized bill they had given us was completely messed up. We had previously asked for the two nights to be split, and the poor girl Nataly, at the front desk had no idea what happened to our bill. Thankfully, she fixed it and we were charged appropriately. I would like to go back in the summer, but preferably not when there's a wedding.

Room Tip: River View rooms have an amazing view of the Navesink River!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla L
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Oyster Point Hotel. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations in a contemporary setting along the Navesink River, paired with superior service.

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize that some guests next door to you were quite noisy late in the evening. We do everything we can to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us and I am sorry that these guests disturbed your evening We do have security personnel on site each evening who can assist in addressing any noise complaints, should you wish to make an anonymous complaint.

I am also sorry about the high price of the cranberry juice you ordered and the mix-up in the billing. I am glad that was straightened out at check-out for you.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights so we could be in town for rehearsal dinner on Friday night. The accommodations were perfect for us. Since the wedding and reception were held in the hotel it couldn't have been more convenient. Our room overlooked the river and was spotlessly clean. The hotel does a great job with big parties and this is the second time we have attended a function there and really enjoyed our experience. We took advantage of having a nice lounge to have a drink and appetizer during our stay and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Harry,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations, fantastic function space and superior service. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to our next opportunity to do so. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were in town to see some close friends and we had to choose between this hotel and the Molly Pitcher Inn. Probably should have done MPI. Three great things about this hotel - 1) the great view of the river from our rooms 2) the nice modern lounge area with the fireplace and 3) lots of pillows, the bed was comfortable. The not very nice things - 1)the noise - we stayed Friday and Saturday nights and there were loud wedding receptions just below us both nights, and one of them went on until midnight. It was so loud we could hear every word the DJ said and things in our room vibrated with the music. Also not so nice 2) the bathroom - really dated and not very nice. And finally, the front desk staff had no decent recommendations for food or activities. We asked for a breakfast place, they sent us to a deli downtown, we asked for dinner and they sent us to an Italian place one block away - thanks, we saw that on our way in. Also, we booked a king room online and when we arrived they told us sorry, all we have is rooms with 2 full size beds. Um, we paid for a king? Overall, we expected a lot more - cool, modern, upscale, but it just came across tired and loud.

Room Tip: Ask how far you can get from the wedding reception area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFSpee
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear SFSpee,

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us.

First, allow me to apologize for placing you directly above our ballroom. We do our best to ensure that only guests attending the events in the ballroom are located above it. Sometimes the parties do not have enough overnight guests and we are forced to put non-attending guests above the ballroom. For this, I apologize. I am also sorry that you did not get the bed type you requested. When you book with a third party agent online (e.g. Expedia or Hotels.com), your bed type is not guaranteed. Rest assured, the price paid for a River view room is the same regardless of it being a king or two doubles. We do our best to accommodate all requests and occasionally need to make adjustments to some reservations. Lastly, thank you for your suggestions to update our guest room bathrooms. We are in discussions now on how to best improve the bathrooms so that they better match the contemporary decor of the guest room.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and that the bed was comfortable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at the Oyster Point for a business trip and had a great stay. Our view over the water at sunrise was absolutely magnificent. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The walls were somewhat thin, however, and we heard our neighbors shutting their blinds at dawn, because it was really loud. We can't complain, though, because getting woken up at that time allowed us to see the gorgeous sunrise out our window.

The hotel does a nice job catering for a business crowd, but they provided way too much food. We felt awful at how much went to waste.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room overlooking the water!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Copyedster,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations with spectacular views of the Navesink River, combined with superior service. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. As for the walls, I am terribly sorry that you could hear your neighbors in the next room.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My Wife and I decided to stay in Red Bank overnight (as she was off Friday due to the NJ Teacher's Convention), see a movie and have a nice dinner. Well, as Meat Loaf sang "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad". The Oyster Point Hotel (sister Hotel to the historic Molly Pitcher), is located right on the Navesink River, off Rt#35 in "the hippest town in NJ" (NJ Monthly Magazine)
Check in was painless, and our reasonably priced, higher floor, king bed, and river view room came as advertised. Pros include that beautiful view, nice comfortable bed, and quiet upper floor.Cons include the ONLY soda machine in the hotel not-working, only two ice machines (on other floors than ours) and an antiquated TV/movie system (HBO but no pay movies), and a adequate but in need of updating bathroom. Natalya at the front desk was personable.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10-$15 for a river view---it is worth it. My spouse suggests tinted glass in the beau...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear CPTESQ,

Thank you for such a candid review! I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your night away with us at the Oyster Point Hotel. We take great pride in providing modern, comfortable accommodations with breath-taking views of the Navesink River, combined with superior service.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. And thank you for your suggestions on adding a soda machine and ice machine to every floor - if we had the space, we would definitely make that happen. As for adding pay-per-view movies, this is something we will look into as are your suggestions about updating the bathroom.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I recently hosted a bridal shower tea at the Oyster Point Hotel. From my initial meeting with Allison I knew that I was in good hands. Allison was always available to answer any questions and she attended to every detail. The day of the shower, Cristian and his staff provided exceptional service. The food was plentiful and delicious...the scones were incredible! My guests enjoyed the tea menu as an alternative to a regular luncheon menu. I would certainly not hesitate to host another event at the Oyster Point.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Nancy,

Wow! What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that your bridal shower tea went perfectly. We take great pride in providing luxurious banquet facilities, superior service, and exceptional cuisine.

I have shared your comments with Allison and Christian and they are delighted to have had the opportunity to work with you. We look forward to helping you host your next event or overnight stay at the Oyster Point Hotel. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed with our family for two nights on October 11-12th in a waterfront king room. The staff at the front desk were helpful and did a great job at both check in and check out.The room was very clean and the view was beautiful overlooking the Navesink River. We had a banquet luncheon in the Terrace room. Bill Murray, the Senior Banquet Manager, did a wonderful job and the food was delicious! The wait staff did an excellent job as well. We will be sure to stay again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear MJKealey,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations, spectacular service, and upscale banquet facilities.

I have shared your comments with Bill Murray and the entire staff and they are so happy to have made your stay and event with us one to remember. We all look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!