“Stay”
Review of Oyster Point Hotel

Oyster Point Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Fun place to stay. I liked the rooms and they were very clean. I also liked the elevators. Maybe get more tea and coffee for the morning because they ran out when we went down to get some. Stayed with friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Mark S, Guest Services Manger at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Gabrilella D,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on the site following your short stay with us recently and I am thrilled that you felt that you could not have chosen a better place. I do value your feedback on more complimentary Tea and Coffee in the mornings in the hotel lobby.
We will be fine tuning our service protocols to ensure this small detail is not overlooked in the future. My team and I pride ourselves on going above and beyond for each and every guest and these smaller finer details are just as important and enhance the overall guest experience which we ultimately strive for each and every day.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Giving the Oyster Point an average rating is being a bit generous, but I couldn't quite go with poor. The place definitely needs some work. We lived in the area 10 years ago and attended a number of functions there. We also had family stay there, but we never stayed there since it was close to home. On a recent trip we decided to stay there, but it wasn't quite what we remembered.

My first impression on checking in was negative. There was a door leading to an office behind the reception desk, which had black finger and hand prints on it. It almost looked like it might be the door to an automotive shop. The lobby was not especially clean and could have used some sprucing up.

Our room was on the 5th (top) floor, and when we got off the elevator, we were hit by a blast of sauna-like air. It had to be over 100 in that hall. We got to the room and the key card would not work, so I had to go back down to the desk to resolve that problem. They sent a maintenance man back with me, and when we got off the elevator, I asked him why it was so hot. He said "when it's hot outside, it's always hot up here." We got the key situation resolved, and I walked down the hall to check an AC unit that was right by the elevators and found that all it would blow was hot air even though it was set on maximum cool.

Fortunately the room was cool, but to keep it that way we had to settle for a Harley in the room with us. Try sleeping with a motorcycle idling next to the bed. The furniture was chipped and worn, and the carpet had some pretty ugly stains on it. Glad I didn't have a UV light or I might have been really disgusted.

Needless to say this is not exactly a first rate hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Jan Bergeron,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at The Oyster Point Hotel. We always welcome constructive feedback as an opportunity to improve our service standards and facilities.
I am very disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations.
Please rest assured that I will follow up with the executive management team with the points you have raised regarding the overall condition of your room. We conduct regular preventative maintenance to all our rooms to ensure that the condition of the rooms are kept up to the highest standards possible. I am sorry to learn that you felt your room, especially the noise from the a/c unit prevented you from having a less the stellar experience with us.
If you ever feel that the room is not to your liking or the noise disturbance from the a/c unit will hamper your enjoyment, you are more than welcome to request a different room, and subject to availability we will do our level best to move you to a room which you will be most comfortable with.
I would very much like the opportunity to further discuss with you your concerns in order to get a deeper insight into your overall experience of the hotel and redeem your faith. If you would be so kind as to allow us the opportunity to contact you at a convenient time we would be most grateful.

E-mail: mstewart@mollypitcher-oysterpoint.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My daughter's surprise bridal shower was at The Oyster Point Hotel on June 21, 2014. The room, the food, the view, the atmosphere, the ambience all could not have been better! Allison and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. My daughter couldn't have been happier. She is still saying how perfect the "place" was. Our guests were so impressed by the atmosphere and the food. I'm sure they will consider the OP for future events, as will I. We do want to get to the OP for lunch and time on the veranda.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel, only used the beautiful room with the veranda, overlooking the water...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear sueglcsw,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review following your recent daughters bridal shower here at The Oyster Point Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you and your daughter enjoyed the experience.
Our aim with all our guests is to ensure we try our very hardest to make all of our guests feel at home and meet their expectations whether they are staying with us or having an event at the hotel. I am thrilled to know Allison and her team were able to do that for you.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Oyster Point hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am very happy to say we had our daughter's Baptism at the Oyster Point Hotel & not only was the food delicious, but the staff was so attentive, accommodating, and wonderful! The service was excellent, and I would highly recommend this venue to others as well as have other parties here! We were very satisfied! Thank you so much Allison & Christian for making it a positive experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Julia0229,
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent Daughter's Baptism event at the Oyster Point Hotel. I am delighted to hear how much Christian and Allison we were able to enhance your special occasion in some way.

I am also very pleased to learn that the employees here at the Oyster Point went above and beyond for you. It is the staff that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here one Thursday night for a business meeting and really enjoyed it because it is small and you don't feel lost in the crowd. Service was professional and attentive..food was excellent! Outdoor seating overlooking the water is very nice. I oils see this as a great wedding venue.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are worth the request
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Vtrincali,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is valuable as it allows us the opportunity to improve our service.

I am most pleased to read that you found our service levels to be of the highest standard and your overall experience to have reached your expectations.

At The Oyster Point Hotel, we pride ourselves on extending true genuine care and a service level that each and every guest should always experience. I am very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay and do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had a graduation party in one of the smaller rooms at this hotel. We couldn't have chose a nicer place. From planning the party with Bill Murray, to the attentive staff and delicious food, not to mention the terrace on a beautiful day with beautiful views, a great time was had by all. It truly made for a classy, fun, memorable party. I can only hope we will have an occasion to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Susan K,

Many thanks for your super feedback and recommendation following your graduation party here at the Oyster Point Hotel. It is terrific to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience, especially the service from Bill and the rest of our team. Our ethos is to go above and beyond for all our guests, and it pleases me to read we were able to do that for you!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and I hope next time you will make a night of it here and enjoy one of our superb rooms overlooking the beautiful Navesink River. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to handle your arrangements myself and ensure another truly memorable experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Oyster Point Hotel in Red Bank to see a concert at the Count Basie Theater. It was a rainy March weekend but we managed to enjoy ourselves. The hotel is small, but clean and modern. It sits on the river. You have a healthy, yet doable walk into the center of town. We had an excellent river view from our room. I would love to return in the summer, but I imagine the rates are considerably higher then. The desk clerk was helpful in recommending a local, reasonable taxi service for before and after the concert. He got us there on time and picked us up later that evening. We were so glad to see the town bustling with activity when the concert ended. We were able to get a late dinner and felt quite comfortable walking around. Music could be heard in the street from a nearby bar. Terrific.

The hotel does not include breakfast in the rate. They did offer free coffee and muffins on a very small table outside the restaurant. We came down early, yet there was but one croissant left and a couple of lonely muffins. No one seemed anxious to restock the supply or tidy up the area. We sat a while in the lovely lobby and drank our coffee. When we checked out of the hotel, we saw someone finally restocking the muffins. I think more of an effort could be put into this. Aside from that it was a very pleasant stay. There is free parking at the hotel. If you are a walker, you won't need your car unless you are leaving the area.

Room Tip: River views are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cityshoregirl,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Oyster Point Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found a unique experience in the center of Red Bank and that you enjoyed our location. Your comments about the service you received and your room experience are also incredibly pleasing. Many of our regular guests also comment on both of these aspects so it is wonderful that you felt the same way.

I am, however, very sorry to hear your comments about the lack of pastries offered to you in the lobby on the morning of your departure. Your feedback on this matter is greatly appreciated, I will pass these comments onto the Director of Food and Beverage for review so we can enhance the service experience even further going forward and ensure that our pastries are well stocked for all our guests to enjoy.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to Red Bank as it would be my pleasure to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!