“PERFECTION”

Oyster Point Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
“PERFECTION”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hidden Gem located in Red Bank on the Navesink River was absolutely a winner in many ways.
1. Location is extremely convenient (5 minute walk/2 minute drive) to the AMAZING town of Red Bank and yet feels like you are a million miles away from so many GREAT Shops, Boutique's and Cafe's.
2. The view of the Navesink River from your Hotel Room is a postcard from paradise. You will never want to leave.
3. Speaking from experience and owning a Hotel in Miami. I would like to stress the following:
There are very few Hotels that still get it right (I find it to be a rare and dying quality in the Hospitality business). I found the staff at the Oyster Pointe Hotel AMAZING and to go above and beyond in every aspect (From making your reservation to checking out).
There was one employee (Andrew) who works at the front desk that was especially phenomenal and I wish my front desk staff were had 50% of his knowledge and charisma!

We actually booked our next stay before we had checked out and can't wait to get back!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
East Tennessee
Reviewed 25 August 2014

On a recent pleasure trip we had a very good experience staying at the Oyster Point Hotel in Red Bank. Our room overlooked the Navesink River, was large, very comfortable with two easy chairs that could turn towards the river for an exquisite view by day or night.

The bar did a very nice job of handling 14 impromptu guests we asked to stop by for a drink. On fairly short notice the chief cam up with a beautiful and tasty cheese and fruit tray. We sat on an enclosed area behind the bar that afforded terrific views of the Navesink and surrounding marinas.

The Oyster Point will be on our short list for future stays in Red Bank.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a river view room. Rates are a bit more than street facing rooms, but if you'...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rocket60
Chester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Last year we stayed at a sister property, the Molly Pitcher Inn and had a terrible, terrible experience. This year I decided to try the Oyster Point although I was nervous that they would have the same issues as Molly Pitcher. We were amazed at how wonderful this hotel is. How could they be in the same corporate family? We were welcomed by friendly desk staff, not condescending snobs. We were given the room that we booked online with a lovely water view. The other hotel tried to pass off a room far below the one we had booked. The furnishings were lovely and our view just beautiful. We were welcomed into the bar area where we sat and looked over the water while we had our cocktails. The other hotel told us we could not go into the bar as my husband did not have a jacket. We are already planning to stay here next year on our trip to NJ. I cannot say enough about this great hotel!!

Room Tip: Go for the water view. The sunrise is spectacular.
1 Thank Gale C
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Gale C,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Oyster Point Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities as well as services provided by our dedicated team members. Whilst both Molly Pitcher Inn and the Oyster Point hotels are both within the same company, they are very different contrasting hotels both in décor and style and overall ambience. It sounds like you have found the perfect hotel for you in the Oyster Point hotel. All our front desk team work at both hotels and I can assure you that the professional level of service you receive at the Oyster Point will be the same level of service at the Molly Pitcher front desk as it is the same team members working at both properties. I am sorry to hear you felt the service is very different at both hotels. Can I ask that you email me directly to discuss your previous experience at the Molly Pitcher Inn.
My email address: mstewart@mollypitcher-oysterpoint.com

Once again I would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at the Oyster Point Hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lyndhurst
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had my baby shower at the Oyster Point in July in the Atlantis Room and I couldn't have been happier or received more compliments. Christian was there for anything and everything I needed and ensured that it went perfectly! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the place was beautiful. Judith and Bill ensured the planning was nice and easy. Overall A+++

• Stayed July 2014
Mark S, Guest Services Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Eoaks,
Thank you for a lovely review! We take great pride in providing stunning settings for events and functions and superior catering services. We are delighted to hear that your baby shower was one to remember!

I have shared your comments with Cristian, Judith and Bill and the rest of the team, they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to make your experience a magical one.

It is very clear from the pictures you supplied that everyone on the day was having having fun and enjoying themselves which is so heartwarming for us! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our experience at the OPH was absolutely wonderful! Our son's wedding was at Shadowbrook, and we wanted a nice place nearby for the rehearsal dinner the night before. Wow, did we ever hit the jackpot at OPH!!!

Bill Murray, with whom we first met and who helped us through the process of planning the event was amazing: so informative, flexible, and accommodating in every detail! What a pleasure working with him. On the day itself, Maitre d', Chris Soto, took us under his experienced wing and helped us through a smooth and most enjoyable evening. We were in the terrace room, a lovely room with a gorgeous view to the river. The room was fully and attractively set up for us, the service was tops - friendly, accommodating, and efficient - and the food was incredible. We got lots of unsolicited compliments from our guests about the food and the ambiance. I was actually able to just relax and enjoy the event, as all details were taken care of by the wonderful OPH staff.

We also decided right from the first visit that it would be nice to have our families staying right at the OPH for the weekend of wedding events. This, too, turned out to be a great choice. The rooms are spacious and well kept, with the usual amenities. To our surprise, the hotel even provided a complimentary continental breakfast each morning in the lobby - coffee, tea, and pastries of various sorts. There is a small but nice restaurant plus bar in the hotel that serves a wide range of dishes for all three meals. Portions are generous, the food is very good, and prices are reasonable for what is offered. There is also a little lounge across from the restaurant which was convenient for spontaneous gatherings of family members who just wanted to sit and chat. (My only tiny complaint in this otherwise perfect experience was that the showers in the rooms ran a bit hot and cold - a very minor detraction to an otherwise fabulous experience.)

Room Tip: The riverside rooms have a gorgeous view but cost more. However, the street side also looks out to...
Dear Susannah F,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that your son's wedding evening went wonderfully and that we were able to help create a memorable experience for your family/friends and for your son in particular. We take great pride and care in hosting flawless weddings and events, we have some of the best employees around such as Bill and Cristian whom will go above and beyond to ensure that every event is as magical as yours.

I hope you will pay us a visit on your next trip to the area, we would love to welcome you and your family back to the Oyster Point.

Bethesda
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding at Shadowbrook and wanted to stay at a place that was close to the venue.
The entrance is a little hard to find (we went past it) if you are not looking carefully for the sign. It is right next to the Molly Pitcher Inn and is located on the water.
You couldn't ask for a lovelier view - we were on the 6th floor. There were guests from two weddings staying at the hotel, but the noise was not an issue at all. It took us less than 10 minutes to get to Shadowbrook.
Also, there are shops and charming eateries within walking distance.
Some of the features may need updating, but our room was very clean and pleasant, and the price was so reasonable! The front desk clerks were terrific and we were able to check in early.

Dear Beaglefest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience at The Oyster Point Hotel. There is no greater reward for us than to receive such wonderful feedback from our guests. It’s fabulous to hear that you particularly loved the location and our outstanding guest services. My team take great pride in going above and beyond for all our guests, and it is heartwarming to know that you received such outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Red Bank
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Fun place to stay. I liked the rooms and they were very clean. I also liked the elevators. Maybe get more tea and coffee for the morning because they ran out when we went down to get some. Stayed with friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mark S, Guest Services Manger at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Gabrilella D,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on the site following your short stay with us recently and I am thrilled that you felt that you could not have chosen a better place. I do value your feedback on more complimentary Tea and Coffee in the mornings in the hotel lobby.
We will be fine tuning our service protocols to ensure this small detail is not overlooked in the future. My team and I pride ourselves on going above and beyond for each and every guest and these smaller finer details are just as important and enhance the overall guest experience which we ultimately strive for each and every day.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!