“A bit pricey but good.”

Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“A bit pricey but good.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have both driven & walked by this place many, many times over the years, but only never actually stopped in to try the food. My friends that live in town have been to Chan's on many occasions so we all decided to stop for dinner.

Went on a Friday evening around 7ish. They have their own parking lot. It's a bit small & tight when almost full. Maybe parking for 20 vehicles give or take.

The décor does have a Polynesian flavor to it as mentioned with it's pictures & hut like flavor. They have a Christmas tree with lighting which was a bit unique.

Lighting is very low/dim, but not enough where it's hard reading anything.

The owner greeted us. My friends know him & vice versa from their visits. Friendly as was the service.

As far as the food. It was a bit on the pricey side compared to similar restaurants I've dined in. I ordered the General Tsao chicken which at the time of my visit was just under $15. Huge portions of course. Came with white rice. Nothing else. No soup. No egg rolls. I would think that for the price that you should get fried rice or at least have the option. My opinion of course. All that being mentioned, it didn't take anything away from the meal. I did enjoy it. And had plenty to take home.

Again the service was GREAT! That & the food would have me go back in spite of it being a bit on the pricey side.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank QuentB

NJ
“A complete Polynesian experience!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Remember the Chinese restaurants you would go to as a kid? Typical Polynesian decor, pupu platters with fire, foo-foo cocktails? This place has it all! Their food is delicious! The fried rice is not neon yellow; it tastes how amazing fried rice should taste. Their chicken chow mein is the best I've ever had. All if their dishes are delicious! Go, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013