“good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
sugar land, United States
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

the 4th time I have stayed at this place . bus rout is outside in front of building . 15 minutes to new York with very few stops. breakfast , bar , pantry with beer . computer printer room. inside pool .the lobby is a good place to hang out

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Luis P
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We appreciate your response, and are glad your stay was pleasant. Please keep coming back so you can see the new improvements on the way in 2014! Let us know if we can be of help in any way, and see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
MAYS LANDING
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Easy access from I-95 north, within walking distance to a bus stop if you want to go into NYC. Ask for a room away from the highway. We were surprised to have an over-sized king room #527 (2 windows, double sink) & when we asked we were told there are only 8 such rooms - go for it! Very nice Neutrogena amenities. Windows open if you want fresh air; a/c heat unit was very quiet. We had the B&B for an extra $10 - well worth it since breakfast buffet costs $11.95. The buffet is the best we've ever had: juice, fresh sliced fruit, fresh fruit, pastry, muffins, toast, eng muffins, bagels, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheesy grits, bacon/cheese tacos, waffles, cooked to order omelets, pancakes, french toast. Because there are not a lot of restaurants close by & we didn't want to venture out again, we also had dinner in the Grill. Not a large selection but several burgers with one side, appetizers, entrees included mostly chicken but also salmon, ribs, a steak and a seasonal ragout - entrees come with 2 sides, soup or salad(assorted salad greens, not all icebberg) - and another, mostly a starch choice but fries & mac'n'cheese were very good - willing to substitute. Check the menu online - reasonable prices. And we also got a coupon for bonus hHonors points. Nice business center as well as free wi-fi in room - we did not check out the pool or exercise area. Also at the entrance to Overpeck park.

Room Tip: Away from highway - ask for one of the over-sized rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your business, we take great pride in our facility, and when you tell the other travelers about us, it makes all that we do worth while. Hoping to see your soon, Happy New Year!
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was travelling back home and the weather was horrible. I did not want to to a chance and have an accident. I called ahead and spoke to the night desk - they had rooms. The woman said she no reservation needed just come in. I arrive and go to the front desk, the same woman quotes a rate higher than on their website. She said they don't follow the website (I think they were trying to price gouge because of the storm) I did not care at the time, I just wanted to rest. She said just wait 5 minutes and she'll take care of me. After 15 minutes, I inquire as to the delay. She explains that 'the system has to flip'. I don't know what this means, so I ask. She tells me the system isn't ready yet for the new higher rates and that I have to wait. I ask if I can just give her my credit card. NO. Can I give a credit card and divers license - NO. All the while she's talking to either her boyfriend or someone. She's commenting to this guy on why I "can't just wait." Not only that, there are people drinking and making difficult for my wife and I to wait comfortably in the lobby.

Well to make this dreaded story as short as possible - an hour later (after the first 20 minutes of waiting) she tells me that the system is slow, that it hasn't "flipped" yet and that I need to wait even more. I tell her that I find this unacceptable, she tells me. "You know what, if you can't wait, there's another hotel down the road. Its very nice." Well, I take my credit card and I take her up on her suggestion. And she was right - the other hotel was much better. I was serviced in under ten minutes without feeling like I was a nuisance to the front desk.

Room Tip: I would suggest you call ahead to see if you are treated well on the phone before you commit to this...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewarkScubaDiver
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. If you would please reach out to us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss this with you. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you. Adam - 201-641-2024
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were first time visitors to NYC and we were looking for a good hotel for a reasonable price. We've always had a good experience with the Hilton chain of hotels wherever we've stayed, and the reviews for this place looked good, and for a good reason. The beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever been in. The room was spacious, clean and quiet - what more could you ask for. The location is a bit "out of the way" unless you are working in one of the nearby buildings, but the NJ Transit bus stop is literally just outside of the hotel and takes you directly to the NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal for $4.25 a ride. This was amazing and we ended up using the transit every day to get into the city without any issues. Without a doubt I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit NYC... The prices are about 1/4 of the price of anything in Manhattan and the service and value is so worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thanks for your wonderful comments, we appreciate your business. We are glad we met your needs and you enjoyed your time here. Looking forward to your next stay with us!
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

When visiting NYC for business, I usually stay near the Lincoln Tunnel in Jersey but this time I stayed near the GW Bridge for around the same price. I am glad I did. The hotel is much nicer then what I was staying in before and the area is a huge improvement. The hotel is in a little business park right next too a really nice city park with running trails on the river. The town nearby is really nice and has tons of good restaurants. I will definitely be making this my new regular place. Great service and very comfortable beds. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the portions were generous.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking time to write your review. We work hard every day to make your stay the best it can be. I look forward to seeing you again, and making your stay another memorable one! Thanks for your business.
Kenosha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I travel to this area on business and this hotel is always clean, the beds comfortable and the staff friendly. Located close to access to Manhattan it would also be a great place to stay for a visit to NYC

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room on the side away from I95. Not terribly noisy but it is always in th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your response. I am glad your time here was enjoyable. Please come back soon so we can take care of you again. Have a great Holiday Season!
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

A very clean, quiet, nice hotel. Relatively new with a good business center for printing and a gym for workout. I see a lot of business people check in and out. It may be difficult to find where it is when you drive in, simply because it is located next to highways, but other than that, it is a nice hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your kind comments, I appreciate you spreading the word about our hotel. The staff works hard to ensure your stay is excellent. Your business is appreciated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!