“Unusually peaceful and pleasant with great people”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Oxford
“Unusually peaceful and pleasant with great people”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here 5 nights on extended family business. The hotel was quiet, clean, comfortable, with a mini-gym, pool and jacuzzi, excellent breakfasts and really helpful staff. Leandra at the front desk was especially helpful and sweet. Staying here for visit to NY is obviously a major money saver although the city buzz is sometimes worth staying in Manhattan for. A surprise was the excellent county park a one minute walk from the car park. Water birds, reeds, bunnies and wildflowers and of course jiggling joggers and kite fliers. I think there is even a bus - bus stop just outside. Also, one morning when the hot water went out, only briefly, I phoned down to the desk and in less than 10 seconds they offered to refund a day's rate without being asked. That pretty much pre-empts any further complaining and is a super smart move to keep customers coming back. Recommended!

Room Tip: We only had one room and it was completely fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your review. The staff really takes pride in making sure each guest's stay pleasant and memorable. Have a great summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at this Inn for three nights with a couple of friends as part of our trip to see EDC New York. This Hilton Garden Inn is very conveniently placed if you want a short trip to Jersy City, but also want to stay at a location that is far enough away that you don't get any kind of residential noise when trying to sleep. The rooms are insulated against interior sound so that you don't hear any noise from the adjacent rooms, and the highway is far enough away that it provides a comfortable ambient noise to fall asleep to without being too loud. For someone who usually has many issues with noise, I found that this Inn was so quiet that I almost forgot it was a holiday weekend. Their service was prompt and always aimed to please - even going as far as to keep ahold of my wallet at the front desk when I left it in our room, and mailed it back to me 1st class shipping with no charges on the same day we checked out. The eggs we had for breakfast needed some salt and pepper, but the rest of their food was spectacular; and there are several good Italian places that will also deliver straight to your room if you'd like a change of pace. I have no reason not to recommend this Inn, and every reason to return if I want another peaceful, enjoyable stay that's conveniently close to Jersy City and NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patric R
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thanks for the review. I appreciate you staying here with us, as I know there are other choices. I left you a voice mail with your tracking number, so I hope the wallet got there in good condition! Please, when in the area again, come back and let us take care of you. Have a great summer!
Reviewed 20 May 2014

No complaint regarding the housekeeping, infact very clean. We checked in for the two days and got the romantic package deal, the wine was not in the room so called the front desk to deliver it as well as we added sparkling cider to bill it to our stay. Front desk told that they will send the both. Well they did not send the sparking cider so ask the delivery person to get us and he assured that he will, but never did. Went to breakfast at 9 am, the spoon on the table had dry yogurt in it. Tator tots were like eating stone took a bite and never took the other one.

Spoke with the manager Adam and the front desk agent just to let them know and they insisted to give us credit which I refused infact Adam said even if you don't want it I will still give you the credit. He and the desk agent said we stand by our promise and we can put wine, champagne anything I want in the room. All I requested is few bottles of water and extra coffee and disposable glasses in the room. They answered they will take care. Arrived from the trip at 9pm and found that none of my requests were fulfilled. Left a note with the front desk for Adam he never gave us a courtsey call. Called and spoke with him he apologized again as he did before. I wish being a General Manager at the hotel he should have fulfilled my simple request by himself infact he said it was a communication error within the staff. I wrote it because my husband insisted. Being myself worked as a General Manager this was not acceptable by the manager.

Room Tip: The wine is so cheap that its better to buy outside and make it romantic on your own.
1 Thank Savi B
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanks you for your review. Like most organizations, every once and a while we make mistakes too. When we spoke on the phone, I tried to make things "right" for you after I apologized, however you did not want to accept my offerings. As you can see from the many other stellar reviews on this page, this is not typical, and our staff is in the business of making guests happy. I am sorry we did not meet the most basic of your needs, and I am still eager to remedy the situation to your liking. Please call me when you have a chance and allow me to make things up to you. 201-641-2024.
Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Great, friendly and good service from the staff... and the food was really good. We will for sure return. You should definitely check out the "I love New York" package, as it offers 8 New Jersey bus tickets (for two) into New York and back, with no hassle. Overall, if you want to visit New York and don't want to pay the high hotel rate, this is you next best option. Ant

1 Thank Sherwood M
Thanks for the review! I appreciate your kind words and know that the staff here takes great pride in the hotel and servicing our customers,as your comments make it all worth while.
Panama, Panama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is very good, beside it is at a walking distance of our HQ (Samsung). The rooms, service, everything was really in order. It his a hotel that with pleasure will recommend to others and of course will continue to stay in whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Fort Myers, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stay there every time we visit home. Hotel is close to the park and easy access to NY buses. Movie theater in walking distance. Staff very helpful and rooms very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Timothy L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here with the family! the rooms were amazing, the staff were very helpful and friendly. It is super easy to get times square with a bus stop in front of the hotel. The chef at the hotel restaurant was very nice and the food was great. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Your review is appreciated and I am glad you chose to stay with us! We work hard to make your stay excellent and memorable, so hopefully we can take care of you again soon! Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!