“Second review - additional details”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Ballston Lake, New York
“Second review - additional details”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had previously reviewed this hotel with three stars, but after returning home I found that the property charged me twice for my stay. So in addition to the poor customer service during my stay, I had to call them to get the duplicate charges reversed. Needless to say I am not very happy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TK912E
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel while spending time with a family member at the Englewood Medical Center, about 6 miles from the hotel. The hotel is large and seems to be well maintained. The rooms are large - bed was very comfortable, bathroom was large. TV was undersized for the room - making it a little difficult to see text on the screen from the bed. Water pressure in the bathroom was definitely lacking as was hot water.

The main problem we had was with the staff at the hotel. We had booked a room that included breakfast but upon checking in I was only give a voucher for 1 person. Although we stay at Hilton hotels almost exclusively and have an upper tier HHonors membership, I had to pay an additional charge to include my wife in the breakfast arrangement, even though on the reservation site the package said for between 1-4 people. I asked for an explanation of why they would not honor the reservation specifics and they had no answer. Then, while the representative was speaking with me she choose to answer a ringing phone and begin an discussion with the caller rather than continue my conversation with her - even though there was another agent standing right next to her, unoccupied, who could have answer the phone and allowed the agent speaking with me to finish her conversation.

The next morning we went down to breakfast and the choices were consistent with the hotel level - but the service was set up to be more like a restaurant - a server would come and take an order for the eggs offering and also bring coffee. Again, we were disappointed with the staff service quality as we were basically ignored. We had to stand up and track down a server to ask for coffee.

So overall - the room was nice, hot water was limited and the staff could use some additional training.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TK345
Adam G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. If you would please reach out to us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss this with you. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you. Laurie - 201-641-2024

Laurie DeVries
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This Hotel is walking distance to Samsung building and other offices.
It is a friendly place with Korean newspaper (Samsung is close) and business traveler conscious.

It seems like LaGuardia hotel is closer, but traffic is little worse than going to Newark airport. Take your time if you ask for a Taxi with no anticipation, one day i asked for a car and it took between 15 and 20 minutes to arrive to the door.

I was there for business and one weekend took the bus 167 to New York City.
Bus stop is right in the hotel street, by the parking lot, super easy access.
It is quick trip and is only $4.75, you pay with cash to bus driver. The bus runs every hour at the hour on weekends.
In 25 minutes you are in "Port Authority" bus terminal, walking distance from Times Square.
I was careful to be in the Port Authority terminal before the last bus to Ridgefield park, wich was 11:15 that Sunday. Be careful in NY you need to buy your ticket in the expending machine, bus 167, zone 3. The bus driver will not let you pay in the bus.

The room is equipped with typical items, in two different times there my room had a small microwave and small fridge.
The coffee machine is nice, one of those single serving machine with little cups, Keurig style.
Toiletries are Neutrogena, nice soap, two bars one for face and one for bath. Shampoo, body lotion and one more I cant recall.

You have internet for 24 hours, or you could get more coupons or codes to get more internet, i have never paid and I am not a regular in Hiltons. Intenet speed is good, not superfast but not as slow as other hotels, you will have a choice of wifi or cable in your room.
One of the stays my room had a leak in the shower head, but they fix it quick after i reported the problem.

TV comes with HBO and couple premium channels, along with your typical basic cable channels. Flat screen and remote are good, Samsung of course.
You have a small desk and enough power plugs to charge your devices.

You have options for your exercise routine but you could choose to walk to the Park nearby "Overpeck County Park" Its a nice walk with nice views if the river. This is a nice and big park with multiple facilities that include tennis, soccer and baseball fields. You will also find a park for kids and plenty of room to walk. It is safe, very well cared and you will see a lot of people walking their Dogs, riding bikes or just enjoying a walk.

There is NO dining options at walking distance. None, zip, nada. No convenience store, gas station, grocery store, red box booth or restaurant. Nothing, buy your food and needs somewhere else because you will NOT have anything at a walking distance. I went to the closest red box to return a movie... it was a long and not easy walk, to the "Shop Rite" in the other shore of the river. Not terrible walk but definitively not easy.
The hotel has a snack room with hotel priced drinks and snacks, chocolate, granola bars and alike... I paid $6.00 for one drink and two bars, they give me no receipt.

Next to the Samsung Building you have a new (or renovated) movie theater, I was told it is a nice one. I had no time to check.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MexTexTech
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and that you would recommend us.
I hope that you visit us again when you are in the area and thanks again!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel two times for visits into the city and both times found the staff very warm, friendly, efficient and helpful. Always impressed with the cleanliness of rooms and public areas. Safe area with ample parking. Lobby area pleasant with refreshments often out for guests. Very easy to catch the NJ bus to the Port Authority which runs regularly and for 4.25 and twenty minutes you are in the theater district! First trip the buses were quite reliable. This trip we did have some problems with the return buses. Always nice to get back to the hotel after a night in the hustle and bustle of the city.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It's good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to ensure your experience is excellent. I appreciate the time you took to let others know about our facility. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My stay at the Ridgefield Park location was very enjoyable, although the reason for my trip was a sad one. The desk clerk expressed her sympathy to me and my family. The service was excellent and the staff was very courteous and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the review! I appreciate your kind words and know that the staff here takes great pride in the hotel and servicing our customers,as your comments make it all worth while.

Latham, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

very clean and easy to get to. In an industrial section but with a short drive you can find good resturants and places to go. I would stay here on my next trip to NYC and surrounding areas. VERY CLEAN!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much! It's awesome to see your stay was "great". We strive for excellence, and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for your business.
Rochester
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Even the iron was clean and usually they forget the iron and you end up messing up your clothes. I slept so good in the bed with fresh sheets every night and so quiet, and plenty of clean towels. Nix breakfast unless you go super early or just have pastries and coffee. Waitstaff is awesome though. I will definitely stay there again no question.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Great Review! I know it takes time to sit and write a review, so thanks for doing this, and I hope to see you again soon. I am glad you enjoyed your time here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!