“Good Greek”

Sparta Taverna
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a casual, family style restaurant. When you dine with us, you will feel like home. What makes us different: WE CARE.At our restaurant you can Dine in, Take out, and for your convenience we offer Free Delivery. We are open 7 days a week for Lunck and Dinner.All food is prepared fresh daily by Chef/Owner George Gouveris.Our mission is to provide our customers with the best quality of food, service, and overall value.
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Nice Greek restaurant with a reasonable menu and good service. Does a good lunch too with a nice selection.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

A friend (non-Greek) recommended Sparta so I took a friend there since my friend was fasting from meat and oil during lent (we're both Greek). I was a little wary when I saw the small storefront, but was surprised at how big the restaurant was on the inside (it goes deep). I ordered the lamb souvlaki, which is grilled lamb on skewers with my choice of potatoes (I had roast potatoes). The lamb was perfectly cooked and was a great piece of lamb. My friend ordered grilled vegetables with balsamic vinegar on the side and a plain salad. It was a good-sized portion and she took her leftovers home. The prices were reasonable and the wait staff was very friendly. Not only do I plan to go back with family, but both of us took home their take out menus because they deliver locally. Definitely worth a trip.

1  Thank CyprusMama
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I and entire family love Sparta Taverna. Not only is the food very good, they serve you large portions. The servers are the sweetest most attentive people and have been with Sparta for a very long time. Their Greek fries are delicious and so is their Tilapia. Every dish we have ever ordered there is terrific.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My daughter and I ate here based on the other reviews, and we were much more than satisfied. We split the spanakopita appetizer. It was flaky, delicious, and piping hot. We both ordered the chicken souvlaki platter, which came with an excellent Greek salad, pita with very tasty hummus, rice pilaf, and a super-garlicky, super-delicious tzatziki. The portions were large. If we weren't flying first thing in the morning, we would have taken the leftover chicken souvlaki--it would have made a terrific chicken salad.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

After finding this restaurant on TripAdvisor I almost feel like I am cheating reviewing it... but it was yummy, the service was wonderful, and you can't beat the price. I enjoyed the varied menu, and the server was more than willing to help with my questions. Parked on the street with no issues finding a spot. Glad I went.