“A Don't Miss This Spot Destination...”
Review of Park West Tavern

Park West Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park West Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 135 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Ave
Transit: Block from the Ridgewood Train Station
Description: Zip: 07450, phone 201-445-5400. From their website, it looks like they are owned by the same people who own The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge, NJ, which you already have listed. Park West Tavern has been in existence for about 8 or 9 months (according to our server), so it may be about time to include it!
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We dined at Park West twice while attending a book signing at Book Ends Bookstore this past weekend.

I read some of the negative reviews and just shook my head. The food and service we experienced were top notch! Yes, it was busy on Saturday evening around 7:00 pm, but we were seated promptly and graciously w/out reservations. Cream of mushroom soup - delish. Ample portion of creamy, flavorful liquid shared by the 2 of us.

The lobster roll is the showstopper by far! You might argue that $22 is a bit of a hefty price to pay for a sandwich, but this is not just any sandwich! This is the little piece of heaven I would expect to have eaten way up North, but just has not happened.

Roll - looks like a hotdog roll, but there's no comparison. Generously sized, crispy/firm on the outside, and soft, but not doughy on the inside.

Let's get to the star of the show! Huge chunks of lobster meat dressed in a light mayo dressing - not huge gobs of mayo that you may have experienced elsewhere. I'm a foodie and a bit obsessed with all things delicious. This meal is one of the most delicious and satisfying dishes I've ever consumed. Planning a trip back in the fall w/a friend who appreciates surf and mushrooms!

Ridgewood, NJ is a beautiful, established town with a great vibe.

Park West Tavern is worth trying out at least once. Just leave room for a truly gastronomical feast...

Yummm...

1  Thank AdventurousMom

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Great burgers and people watching at the bar. Great bartender who makes my Vodka Gimlets to perfection. I cant say enough about this place!!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Based on some other reviews, maybe I got lucky, but, I still thought it was great and would say, if you get near Ridgewood, don’t miss this one!

Thursday night around 9 PM – and people were still ordering and eating all around; even the bar was full. I found comfortable and friendly décor, (a few flat screen TV’s around but not the impact of a loud sports bar), fast and efficient service, attentive staff, and darn good food! Each of the items on the menu, from the appetizers to the burgers right into the main courses, each, had a twist. Seems that every twist did something to make the food stand out…for the better. I also was pleasantly surprised that we did not have to ask for water – it was delivered, nicely iced, immediately upon being seated.

With three very hungry people, we started with three appetizers to be shared. Lobster sliders with kim chee cucumbers – unbelievable; Rib eye spring rolls – great taste; and Shrimp Fritters with pickled red onion, chili sauce and cilantro (huh?) – incredible.

I had the Smoked BBQ Brisket Sandwich. It’s served topped with Pepperjack cheese and coleslaw, all on top of a nicely toasted sub roll/French bread of sorts. It’s nice and messy, just the way a BBQ should be (my opinion) and the pepperjack cheese makes for some very tasty eating. And it's served with a big basket full of fries.

Friends ate the Sliced Hanger Steak Sandwich – apparently for the third or fourth time – it’s so good they can’t get enough of it.

They don’t wear name tags here so I had to ask our servers name. I find that odd, that I had to ask but it made no difference, Maureen was a gracious host and server.

The next trip to New Jersey, I’ll go back and I’d recommend Park West Tavern to anyone. Trust your instincts; take a “walk in the park”.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We got into town late so we were hungry and wanted a bite to eat. Unfortunately we chose Park West. Although the atmosphere was new and modern, the service and food were mediocre at best. I do understand restaurants have off nights but all the waiters and waitresses seemed as if they were not worried about their customers. With so many restaurants in Ridgewood there are many more that would provide better service and food quality. May possibly return for a drink at the bar since there are not many in the town of Ridgewood, but we won't be expect much. PS. Menu is very limited.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had dinner for 5 on a Friday night. Crowded bar, restaurant booked solid. Lucky we had a reservation. We were seated at a nice table, ample room, not jammed in at all. Service was very good -- attentive, not overwhelming or too much. The "cristini" flatbreads that were served were very good. We did have to ask for more but I get that. Drinks were served in very good time and were done very well.

From the appetizers to coffee -- everything was very good. A lot of flavor and tastes, from steak to fish dishes and specials. The appetizers were brought out in good time and we had a fried chicken type appetizer that was very good, with an almond, cream-type sauce. The oysters (East Coast) were very good.

The entrees were excellent -- steak, fish, specials, you name it. Risotto done perfectly, steaks all made to perfect order, fish was very good, fresh and flavorful.

Some people say it's expensive -- but I don't think so.

Parking could be tough. It's downtown Ridgewood.

I would and will go back. No questions asked.