“The Best Part Of Dinner Was The Wine We Brought With US”
Review of La Piazza Bistro - CLOSED

La Piazza Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We arrived at La Piazza Bistro on a Friday evening, only to find a dark and empty restaurant. Over time, the place began to fill up with first timers such as us, all using Groupons. Although the staff was very "proud" and attentive, they seemed to miss the mark on every aspect of our dinner. I knew something was up when I ordered Jumbo Shrimp Scampi over Risotto, and was told that the shrimp that evening were small. Whether it was the artisan bread that was partially raw inside, or each individual course which arrived luke warm at best; I cant recall one positive aspect of dinner or something to rave about, other than the bottle of wine we brought with us.

Normally I am not one to complain, as I always view "the water in the glass as 1/2 full". Needless to say we will not be back, and I sincerely hope they get their act together.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

we went there with a groupon. as soon as we indicated we had the groupon, we were informed that the menu was "limited" and the groupon only applied to certain items. the service was attentive, but the food mediocre. All told, the cost for this meal was far more than it was worth.

1  Thank GerryF547
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We tried this restaurant because of a Groupon that we bought. We went early on a Saturday night and so it was pretty empty when we first arrived. The waitress (and I think owner) was lovely and provided a nice atmosphere. The food was very good and we will definitely return here. I had the tilapia and my husband had the veal milanese. We also had 2 appetizers and the Groupon came with a dessert. Everything was delicious! It's a bit pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We found this little place with a GROUPON. The place is small, the décor tasteful but not exciting. The service was thoughtful and attentive. The menus was extensive. The value with the GROUPON was excellent: without the GROUPON it would have been average. The food as excellent with portions slightly on the smallish side. The list of "specials" was presented with the prices which is rare but the right thing to do. We felt that the pricing on the specials was a bit out of line with the regular menu.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant with a Groupon. The place is small seating between 40 and 50 guests. We both had an appetizer, entree and dessert. I didn't find anything I cared for on the appetizer menu, so I opted for a Cesar salad and my husband had the lobster bisque special. The portion size of the salad was a good size,but there was very little dressing on it, so I can't really say how the salad tasted. My husband said the soup was very good. For the entree, I had penne with a meat sauce and my husband had penne, shrimp, arugula and tomato dish. The portion sizes were good, not too big at all. The meat sauce was good, but could have used more seasoning, maybe oregano or basil. My husband said that his entree was very good. For dessert, we both had an apple, cranberry bread pudding, which we both thought was delicious. The only thing that I would say tasted weird was the bread before dinner. It reminded me of under baked biscotti, floury.