“Should not be missed!”
Review of Forgotten Warriors

Forgotten Warriors
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Rio Grande
Reviewed 11 May 2012

You will not forget your visit to this gem of a museum. There are memorabilia and artifacts from several wars and police actions. All greatly cared for and displayed with pride and reverance. Tucked away in the Cape May County Airport, it's worth the trip. We went back and I gave the gentleman who runs the museum my POW bracelet that I wore all thru high school. He tagged it right away and put it in his display case. The outside has changed over the years, the mural, the tank, the huey, the sniper stand.....I would bet this could be a very emotional experience for our veterans but a gratifying one to know that people haven't forgotten them!

All reviews
"vietnam war"
"aviation museum"
in 5 reviews
"please leave a donation"
in 2 reviews
"exhibits"
"history"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 25 September 2008

I've been to many museums in my life, but I've never been to one like Forgotten Warriors at the Cape May Airport, just north of Cape May city. The building is not as large as other museums, but it's loaded with authentic artifacts from the war and powerful displays.

The museum is run by a gentleman who is a Vietnam Veteran himself and it's very clear how much he cares about what he does. When I visited, he stopped the work he was doing on a display and took the time to walk with me around the museum and answer my questions. He even opened a display case and allowed me the opportunity to hold a real Medal of Honor.

My wife and I stumbled upon the museum by accident, but I'm glad that we did. The whole experience left a vivid impression on me. The men who travelled to Vietnam and fought in that war sacrificed everything in the name of their country and this museum demonstrates that well.

It's a 10 minute trip from the heart of historic Cape May and you will find it's well-worth the time. Visiting Forgotten Warriors is something you will never forget.

5  Thank Ben M