“Another of those VERY large family friendly places...”
Review of Menz Restaurant

Menz Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Price range: US$19 - US$42
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The seafood we use is the freshest and locally caught. We offer mako, swordfish, flounder, and scallops when in season, from our local fishermen. We use only jumbo lump crabmeat. Saturday night our prime rib is certified black angus. All soups are made from scratch with fresh vegetables. Friday and Saturday we have live entertainment with special drinks at our front porch bar.
White Plains, New York
“Another of those VERY large family friendly places...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

and it was very, very good. We were there on a free buffet outing, but the line was from here to the next state, so we opted to choose from the menu, and we were glad we did.

The service was excellent, the food was very good (a little too much butter on his fish for my hubby's taste), and Amanda, our server, was very friendly and nice.

I took home the delicious blueberry muffins for breakfast next day and boy am I glad I did.

Prices were decent, and I highly recommend Menz's and Urie's. Trust me.

Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Good Place to eat”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Visited this restaurant regularly when I was stationed at Coast Guard base Cape May. That was 30 years ago. I liked it better when Mr. Menz was there greeting the guests and making sure everyone was enjoying their meal. Avoid the crab cakes, I never saw a portion so small or with so little crab meat!!!! Otherwise the meals were excellent. The waitress was attentive, but there did not seem to be anyone else that was interested in us. For a restaurant of this scale this is unusual. Mr. Menz always visited the table to see how things were going.

Visited September 2013
South Jersey
“Great meal!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We hadn't been here in years but we always had a meal here whenever we stayed in Cape May for the week. Years ago, Mr. Menz would give the kids a taffy after they ate. Kitschy decor and they still have the candy for the kids in the lobby. Staff is friendly and efficient. We received a basket of rolls and muffins. The fried scallops were the best we've had in a long time and my husband ordered the special of salmon and two shrimp, stuffed with crab meat. Menz always prepares their vegetables well and in the past, I've ordered four sides as the vegetable entree for my meal. The zucchini in marinara was delicious and my husband really enjoyed the mac and cheese. We splurged with dessert and my sister enjoyed the banana cream pie which she has always ordered. This is a quick drive from Cape May and Wildwood and well worth it for a delicious meal!

Hillsdale, New Jersey, United States
“Good Food Making Good Memories”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had reservations and were seated immediately. The first thing you notice when here is all the crazy old stuff everywhere. A clear booth when you walk in had 2 headed calves and other strange things. You'll see stuff on the walls, ceilings, and everywhere in all the many rooms.
I had the King Cut of Prime Rib. The meat was soft and delicious, so flavorful.
For 6 adults and 1 child, the total check wasn't what we had expected (including drinks), Less than $180 for everything including appetizers.
We will be going again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Christopher D
Michigan Center, Michigan
“Interesting Atmosphere - Excellent Food - Great Bloody Mary!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

If you are looking for something different than the hustle bustle Jersey shore restaurant, then MENTZ is the go to place. The atomosphere is different and interesting. It bordered on sureal to some extent but that only adds to the ecletic surroundings. The food is fantastic and an excellent value. Everything was homemade. The asparagus soup was thick with big tender pieces of asparagus. The entrees were not large, however they were very good. We did have Mrs Mentz's crab cakes and they were wonderful.

The bottom line is that MENTZ is a nice break from the overpriced, marginal food that is all to common at the Jersey shore. I would definitely recommend MENTZ, and oh by the way get a Bloody Mary - it was the best we ever had.