“Good food, great fun, great service”
Review of Menz Restaurant

Menz Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Price range: US$19 - US$42
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The seafood we use is the freshest and locally caught. We offer mako, swordfish, flounder, and scallops when in season, from our local fishermen. We use only jumbo lump crabmeat. Saturday night our prime rib is certified black angus. All soups are made from scratch with fresh vegetables. Friday and Saturday we have live entertainment with special drinks at our front porch bar.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Made an annual pilgrimage to Menz's for the halloween festivities. If you are a fan of halloween, this place is great. The food is good (not great) and the service is very good. the family feel to the place is unusual for today and a nice experience. The place at Halloween is decorated to the hilt. Kids in costume get a special prize (toy of their choice), dollar worth of penny candy in the store (my son went a bit over but the woman at the counter overlooked that intentionally in a very nice way), and a frisbee with their meal. I had the stuffed salmon. Not bad. The stuffing was mostly filler but it was not bad. The salmon was well cooked and nice size filet. The crab chowder was also good. The desserts are very good. Many looked great but I settled on the Banana Cream Pie which short of Emeril's in Vegas, was the best I have ever had. You get a good fun family experience with a good meal at Menz's and if you love halloween it can't be missed.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

First I'd like to say we visit Menz every spring and fall as we have for many years.The food, service, cocktails and dessert are always beyond excellent.I.m very disturbed at a review I just noticed. A woman "capemayallday" put the restaurant ,server and the food down terribly. What a disgrace! The décor is unique and adds to the charm. Having had the server mentioned, we have enjoyed her service numerous times. We NEVER had a bad experience. She has the best personality, very attentive ,so sweet and does an excellent job! We commend her for working in that type environment despite her hearing impairment. I give her all the credit in the world! We also know she has worked there for many years, If she was as bad as you claim, do you really think the employer would still allow her to work there? I can't this customer could be so cruel to discriminate against a person with a disability! You were made aware of her handicap situation yet you were still not understanding. Instead you were rude and ignorant! You discriminated this waitress to the public! You say you're a "high class" waitress, which I find hard to believe. If that were true, you would have more knowledge to as how everything is not the server's fault. Your comments sound very far fetched, untrue and poor taste! You stated you didn't want to go there from the beginning. I feel you were upset you didn't get your way. Therefore you were a miserable customer. The rest of your family seemed not to have a problem, other wise they wouldn't have left a GENEROUS tip! A tip I'm sure was well deserved after waiting on a person like you! You should be ashamed of yourself! We will continue to go to Menz every time at the shore.We will have excellent service, FRESH HOMEMADE DELICIOUS FOOD and AWESOME COCKTAILS like ALWAYS! My family of 8 will be sure to request the waitress you DISCRIMINATED! I hope NO ONE BELIEVE'S YOU REVIEW! Next time I hope they leave you home and you can GO TO McDonalds And get a happy meal! Menz is the best restaurant at the shore!

2  Thank Citygirlathearts
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a cool place to bring some kids and family. Food is good. Interesting exhibits. Actually unusual exhibits as the place is unusual. Two headed animals and other carnival type things to look at. Recommend the Bloody Mary. It is the best ever. It is not cheap. But when in the area if you have never done it, you must at least once. Be prepared to wait to get in.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Stop in during Haunted Dining which was a nice surprise- had the sassy shrimp for appetizer and the eggplant and tomato parmigiana both were excellent! We were handed flashlights at the door to navigate to our table through a maze of haunted rooms which was really cool! I am bringing my son with me next time. Had a drink at the bar with Jon to start - couldnt ask for a better bartender!!!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We eat at Menz from April till October. The prime rib on Saturday nights melts in your mouth. From the beginning to the end of your meal is great. The soups, entrees and desserts. The staff is courteous and very efficient. Our waitress Maryanne is the best. We always ask for her. They have wonderful kids meals. With a treat bag and ice pop for afterwards. If you get a chance go in October when they decorate for Halloween. It is "AWESOME". Great for adults and kids. Never had anything we didn't like.

2  Thank Robin L