“cozy neighbourhood pub restaurant”
Review of Dinallo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Entrance is down a few stairs (basement) which leads straight into the bar area with a few tables on the right side. More tables are situated in the back of the restaurant and there are some tables upstairs. There is parking on the restaurant property (not a large lot) and some street parking (difficult to find). Standard chicken parmigiana (large portion of chicken takes up the whole plate for $18) and other Italian fare. Soups come in bowl and cup- usually 1 house special and 1 standard soup. All the chicken dishes (Francese, Milanese) are good. Veal dishes are around $24.00 Restaurant website bills itself as fine dining- however, the place is quite old, walls are covered with pictures of children/families. Chairs/tables are clustered together and it can be cold seated near an outside wall or window during the winter.

1  Thank CSummer

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Dinallo's is a great Italian place. The food is excellent and portions are well-sized. The bread is phenomenal!
The restaurant has a full bar and could get noisy for dinner, but service is awesome, and I have never had a bad meal there. Enjoy!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My friend and I were driving back to NJ from a NYC event. He remembered this place he had not been to in many years. It was a Thursday night and we got there late (like 9ish)
and the place was PACKED at the bar and in the regular dining area. There was entertainment and dancing. We were lucky to get a table for 2 right away and because it was late the big table by us cleared out and another table too so we were kind of mostly alone at the back. It was good to be FAR from the music because it was VERY loud and booming, but otherwise enjoyable. I think they should turn down their amps personally, the music did not have to be quite so loud in a fairly confined space in the open space bar/dancing area.

I ordered veal franchese, a huge portion (some of which I took home) and it was very good with some nice vegetable accompaniments. I did not care for the potato roll or whatever it was and gave it to my friend. My friend got sausages and peppers, also a large portion some of which he took home. I wasn't driving and had a glass of pinot grigio, the 2nd glass he poured it almost to the brim.

The waiter had alot of style in serving and was nice and friendly.

We really enjoyed ourselves. There were alot of REAL Italians (think the Sopranos)
and its a great place. I would go back to visit the very large bar area, drink and dance.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I ate at Dinallo's for the second time Saturday night with my wife and friends. this time I had Shrimp Parmigiana (Gamberoni alla Parmigiana) really tasty and a generous portion. The other dishes were fillet of Sole, rack of Lamb and some pasta dishes. I tested all and they were so good I am not sure what to order next time I eat there. It's about a 1/2 an hour drive from Manhattan (well worth it) at least for me it has been. The bar is quite active really crowded with a fun loving crowd (many dancing) great to watch. Middle aged but youthful. Great service and the manager Sammy keeps a watchful eye to make sure everyone is well taken care of. A very good selection of dishes. We all shared two desserts I devoured the Apple cobbler. Go there you will not regret it!
Jeremy T

1  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Upon checking intothe Paramus Courtyard I requested a list of local restaurants. After reviewing I asked the clerk which Italian restaurant was the best in her opinion. She replied that the best local Italian restaurant was not on the list and referred me to Dinallo's. Had the absolute best chicken parm ever ! Yes, the place is small and crowded, more of a regular neighborhood cafe. But if my meal is a reflection of all others served here, well worth a visit !

1  Thank DRhodesNewEngland