“Plumbing System”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Rockaway, United States
“Plumbing System”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was on the second floor and must have all the plumbing pipes coming through the bathroom walls. Every time someone used the faucet, i could hear it loud within my room. sounded like someone was in my bathroom running the water. It was loud enough to keep me up and at 5:30 am. it was constantly turning on and off as guests were getting ready for the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the room was not as quiet as it should have been. I have located your reservation and will work with my maintenance team to see what we can do to remedy this issue in the guest room you occupied; this was never brought to our attention previous from this or any of our guest rooms. I appreciate the time you took to alert me of this and hope you will be our guest again soon.

Direct Line (973) 328-2500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is a fine hotel. We were there for one night for a family event. There were three wedding parties also staying at this hotel. The Management posted paper signs on halls and elevators asking folks to be mindful of other guests. I am sure they did this because of the large amount of groups. That was very thoughtful of them. I did not use any of the facilities or eat at the restaurant. There is a bar/restaurant right in the lobby. That could have been better separated with more appropriate lighting. It did not look inviting at all. The mall next door has anything you want.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Nadine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway just completed a full renovation to our lobby, bar, and restaurant. The area is now designed to be more welcoming, allowing guests to relax with a glass of wine, enjoy a meal, or catch up on business in style and comfort. We hope you'll be in the area again soon to see our completed lobby design!

Direct Line (973) 328-2500
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Good coffee in a hotel is extremely hard to find. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the nation, but the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway had, by far, the most amazing coffee. What an absolute joy to come down in the morning & have a cup! Not only that, they prepared a thermos full for us as we were heading out so we could continue to enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us....and our coffee! We pride ourselves in offering our travelers a "home away from home" and what better way to do so than to provide an excellent cup of coffee for our guests! We hope to see you again soon!

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our room was spotless and the king bed very comfortable. Very convenient location steps from a big shopping mall near I-80. There is a Costco with gas just a 5 min. drive from the hotel. The renovations to the lobby and dining area have been completed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
navarre, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

hotel was very clean and staff was friendly pool area was clean and comfortable even though they were remodeling the dinning area it was still clean , it would be nice if they had a some sort of breakfast to go along with they room, breakfast would have been over $11 dollars per person which seems a little steep to me. but other wise it was a wonderful stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Seward, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband was having surgery at Morristown Community Hospital.....since we live over an hours drive away, I decided to look for a hotel that was within easy driving distance to the hospital. There were several hotels closer but I chose this one, for is proximity to the highway, and overall value.
The staff was very accommodating and as a first time solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable. The room was pleasant and the breakfast was as you would expect from a Hilton.
I was negotiating around the buffet with crutches when the waitress came right over to assist me. She was very attentive and made sure that I had everything that I needed.
The only negative.....I checked with the hotel directly, to find out if the lobby was still under renovation. I was told that the renovations were to be completed the next day. When I arrived five days later, they were still in the process of placing the furnishings and accessories in the lobby and would not be finished for two more days. There was no way the breakfast could be served there so guests had to go to one of the conference rooms at the other end of the hotel (long walk). That may not be a problem for most, but walking with crutches is tricky, to say the least, especially when carrying an overnight bag. Since I always try to make things as convenient as possible, had I know this ahead of time, I would have stayed elsewhere. The hotel staff needs to be more honest when they are answering guests inquiries....and more sensitive to the fact that what seems like a non-issue to them, can be extremely important to the guest with special needs or concerns.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Lake Hopatcong, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

They are under renovation so beware! Staff very friendly, amenities were good. Would have liked breakfast in the room which is not offered. Close to many good places to eat, the Mall at Rockaway is great. Enjoyable stay. Pool great for kids. Fitness center good for simple workout. Non-smoking room was LOVELY!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!