“Good value for the price”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Buffalo, United States
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway, NJ is a lovely place to stay. It is conveninently located to the highway and the shopping and dining options nearby are extraordinary. Our room was well-appointed and extremely comfortable, the lobby was beautiful and the staff very helpful. I plan to stay here on all my trips to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! I am delighted to hear that thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the Rockaway area! As you mentioned, we have just completed renovation of our lobby, bar, and restaurant. The new design will allow us to better serve our guests while providing an upscale dining/lounge area to relax and unwind in. We look forward to providing comfortable accommodations and exceptional service to you again soon

973-328-0600
!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Overall not a bad place to stay. The rooms are a good size with all the basics. The wifi worked very well I must say. One of the usual criteria the wife and I look for is a pool. The hallway smelled of stale cigarette smoke and cleaner and our room had a funky Oder when we first arrived. The rooms have those copycat sleep number beds. I am pretty sure ours was broke because no matter what I set the dial tool the firmness stated the same - hard! Needless to say I did get much sleep.
Can't stay at a hotel not swim. Since we don't have a pool at home anytime we stay at a hotel we like to stay where there is a pool. When we first checked we walked past the pool to get to the elevator. I peeked in and there was about 20 kids in there. So we were not hopeful. We check again later about 3pm and the pool cleared out so the wife and decided to go for a dip. Well this was short lived and to make a long story short our pool time was cut short to another wave of kids. Come to find out the hotel rents out the pool for birthday parties- yay!
Overall not a bad place to stay if nowhere was available.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am truly saddened to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Yes, the hotel did have a group using the pool for a birthday party during your stay. As the new GM at the HGI Rockaway, I have made some changes that I felt were vital to continue providing the highest level of customer service possible. One of those changes included a stop to birthday parties in the pool. Going forward, the hotel pool will only be utilized by registered hotel guests in order to allow our guests to thoroughly enjoy this refreshing amenity.

Our Garden Sleep System Bed is an adjustable bed that conforms to your body, gently cradling your neck, spine and legs while providing pressure-free sleep. It does not sound to me like your bed was functioning properly if it did not do so after adjusting the dial. I have had maintenance test this particular mattress to ensure it is functioning as expected.

I appreciate the time you took to alert me about the issues you experienced. I will continue to work with my team to ensure we are providing the best experience possible for our guests. If you are in the Rockaway area again, please contact me and I will personally ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Yours in hospitality,

973-328-0600
Long Islnd, NY
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Currently working with staff to arrange for block of rooms next July for a nearby wedding. Staff helpfull and arranging for transportaion for all guests. Hotel will have coordinator avalible day of event to ensure all goes smoothly. Also since we are blocking large amount of rooms they are providing complimentary bridal suite. Recently read another review which was not favorable and that has not been our experience

Hotel spotless and lobby renovation is complete. It will be a great place for our guests to gather the night before the wedding and on their return from the wedding. Hotel will provide bartender both nights with extended hours. Bar area is new and adjoining outdoor area will be renovated shortly.

Visited other nearby hotels and got the best deal here and it is the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! I am delighted to hear that you have selected our hotel to accommodate your wedding guests! As you mentioned, we have just completed renovation of our lobby, bar, and restaurant. The new design will allow us to better serve our guests while providing an upscale dining/lounge area to relax and unwind in. We look forward to providing comfortable accommodations and exceptional service to your friends and family on this very special day!

Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

A problem waiting 75 minutes for check-in. Had to call the front desk numerous time for non-working a/c, dirty towels, lack of wahcloths, moldy toilet paper. Was not greeted as a rewards menmber. Ultimate confusion of staff about breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Adele A
Hi Adele,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. My front office manager, Alex, has been in contact with you regarding this matter and brought me up to speed on the issues you experienced. Certainly, this is not the level of service we typically provide. My team and I identified our areas of opportunity, discussed what we could have done better, and implemented measures to ensure we are exceeding our guests' expectations from a guest room cleanliness, maintenance, and service standpoint.

The HGI Rockaway team stands behind our product and promises your satisfaction. We trust that we have thoroughly addressed your concerns, as per our telephone conversations, and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service and cleanliness that we have been known for, for over 13 years.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

hotel was very decent.. got there early and they had our room ready !!!
kayaked all day at split rock (challenging) back to hotel 7pm and walked over to buffalo wild wings for dinner...
had a very decent swim in the pool and off to bed...
will visit again

Room Tip: I booked online with help from a past traveler... worked well !!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello! Thank you so much for taking a few moments to tell us about your trip to our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you had a great time at the reservoir and with us! The Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway recently completed renovations to our lobby, lounge, and restaurant. Please join us for dinner when you're in town again - the Thai Chicken is fantastic!

Rockaway, NJ, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for one night. Found everything to be above average. The bed sheets smelled a bit strong of bleach but other than that, all of the amenities were fine. The breakfast buffet was a bit skimpy but the cook did a great job on our omelets.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello and thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the time you took to let others know about your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your omeletsand will ensure we continue to offer a plentiful selection. We hope to see you again when you are passing through town!

Rockaway, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was on the second floor and must have all the plumbing pipes coming through the bathroom walls. Every time someone used the faucet, i could hear it loud within my room. sounded like someone was in my bathroom running the water. It was loud enough to keep me up and at 5:30 am. it was constantly turning on and off as guests were getting ready for the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the room was not as quiet as it should have been. I have located your reservation and will work with my maintenance team to see what we can do to remedy this issue in the guest room you occupied; this was never brought to our attention previous from this or any of our guest rooms. I appreciate the time you took to alert me of this and hope you will be our guest again soon.

Direct Line (973) 328-2500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!