“Good place for a burger while shopping”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped by Red Robin while doing some mall shopping. The burger selection is awesome and mine was cooked perfectly. The fries are great too. Staff young and friendly. The menu has so many options. Been there several times and each time everything was good

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a nice lunch at the Rockaway Mall with my bro Franklin.. The place has its own entrance.
We were starving so we tried many things.

It started well with the Root Beer Float and Salted Carmel Milk Shake. Both were excellent!!!!
For our apps we had the Onion Tower, Marconi and Cheese. and Pretzel Bits. The Onion Tower was the winner. Mac and cheese had no flavor and very little cheese.

We both had burgers,
The Bleu Ribbon had nice flavors. The Bleu burger is topped with tangy steak sauce, chipotle aioli, Bleu cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and crispy onion straws on a onion bun.
I had mine without the chipotle aioli and had to take out the excess onion straws. It was crazy how much onion straws were on the burger.

My bro had the breakfast burger which I believe is also called the Royal Red Robin. He loved the bacon and eggs on his burger.

Our only complaint were the Mac and Cheese and French fries. The fries were terrible.
We tried getting a new batch, but the same outcome.

We had great service by Michelle today. We saw a manager walking around, but never came over. If he did, we would provided feedback on the great service and the bad French fries and tasteless mac and cheese..

Overall we had great service and good burger, so we will come again and hope the fries are much better.
Due to the fries being poor I could not rate it Very Good,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My friend and I recently tried out this restaurant. Neither of us have ever dined at a Red Robin before so we thought we'd check it out. Since then we've returned 3 more times and have signed up with their loyalty program. Everything we've tried was very tasty, especially the arctic cod burger. The fish was very fresh tasting and what I like most about the food is everything is served temperature hot. I can't stand lukewarm fries! I like the variety of selection from their menus and on all three occasions our servers were super friendly and accommodating. We have both said we will come dine here once a week together. We LOVE their bottomless steak fries with the Red Robin special seasoning - my friend is actually not fond of potatoes but she sure love these fries!. Their Thai chili sauce is awesome as well to dip your fries in. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about this establishment.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Service was slow. Our burgers were under-cooked but they did comp us one burger. Most other visits to Red Robin have been much better. I guess once in a while it has to be below what you're used to. Gotta love the bottomless fries and the seasoning though. Please don't be too deterred because these burgers are usually delicious and are much better than any fast food, Fridays, or Applebees burgers.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We went for dinner around 6pm. We ordered burgers and soups since it was bitterly cold. I ordered the French onion soup, but upon the 1st taste, I realized that it tasted like brown water. I tried my dad’s chicken tortilla, and it was much better so I switched my soup to his, and kept the piece of bread that accompanied the onion soup. Big mistake- just as I went to take a bite, I noticed a hair baked into the bread. That is my biggest pet peeve and unacceptable. When our server came back with the chicken soup, we told him about the hairy bread. He took back to the kitchen area. After that, I inspected EVERY bite before it entered my mouth. I would have not eaten at all, but we had just returned from a funeral, and I was starving. Inspecting food is no way to have a meal, but I am glad I did because I found ANOTHER hair in my chicken soup. I spooned it out, and placed the hair on the white plate. We called the server over again, and it took it back to the kitchen. A manager with glasses and a beard came over and said that the soup would be taken off the bill and scratched, but that it looked like an eyelash so who knows. He never introduced himself, and his blasé response to a very big problem was irritating. My burger came, and I didn’t want to eat it. I ate the fries because I could easily see if there was a hair, again this is my pet peeve, and it happened twice in 1 meal. How could I truly enjoy dinner? I picked thru the burger and eventually gave up. It may sound neurotic, but incidents like this make my blood boil, and I don’t even accept it from my own family. My parents ate their meal, and we were ready for the check, so we showed the server the birthday email my mom had received, but he said he needed the card too, so we gave him the phone number, but he said it didn’t come up. He tried 3 times to pull it up. Another manager stepped in saying without the card nothing could be done. Now, given our situation, wouldn’t it have been great customer service and accommodating to honor it? I would think given the circumstances during our meals, that going above and beyond would not be asking too much. After 6 phone numbers, they finally went ahead and took my mom’s burger off the bill. I am appalled, and I will not be eating at this location. This was handled terribly, and accidents happen, but take ownership and responsibility for them. I would think in your industry, quality and customer service, are the most important aspects. Red Robin dropped the ball on them that day for sure. I plan on posting this to a blog site and a review site. I hope next time there is something that comes to management’s attention as unsatisfactory that they fix it appropriately, quickly, and completely, while remembering the customer is #1.