“Excellent Indian Food”

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean, very hospitable hosts. Good selections of well prepared Indian traditional dishes. And very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2013

Orange, New Jersey
“GREAT Indian Food - worth the trip!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My mother, sister and I went to Indian Aroma on a Saturday night hoping to find ourselves a new Indian restaurant with a buffet. This place did not disappoint! We were seated immediately and our drink orders were taken - but one new thing that we did not expect was to be asked what kind of Naan bread we wanted. At other restaurants, they usually don't ask so I was not familiar with this - They had several choices, but we ended up choosing the garlic naan bread and the butter naan bread. After selecting our food at the buffet and sitting back down to try one of the 10 different types of food, we were pleasantly surprised at the well- flavored meats in sauce and the level of spice (2-3++ out of 5, depending on what you get).

The staff was VERY attentive, pleasant and friendly. We were greeted immediately when we came in the door and they would check on us to make sure that everything was okay. The funny thing is that we expected that a buffet would have old or dry food if you came in a restaurant near the time that they were about to close. However, it was surprisingly fresh.

This place is definitely worth a try if you want to have a good selections of different dishes. For a person that knows Indian food by sight, not by name, the buffet had some of the traditional dishes you would expect at an Indian Buffet. I would definitely come back to the Indian Aroma restaurant - and would recommend to my friends.

The price of the buffet was well-worth the variety of choices available and the taste of the food. Trust me - go there. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Bridgewater, NJ
“Very pleasant experience with great service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My boyfriend read about this place on Yelp and based on the positive reviews we decided to try it out. We went on a Sunday evening around 6:00pm and it appeared to have been a slow night. We didn't mind that at all as we prefer a low-key atmosphere. Our initial impression was a very clean dining room with nice understated decor. We opted to try the buffet which had a decent enough variety for vegetarian and non vegetarians alike (around 15 hot dishes). Some of the dishes served were: chicken tikka masala, vegetable jalfrezzi, malai kofta, dal makhani, chicken paneer and all were very good. We both LOVED the garlic naan which was very garlicky and temperature hot. I was really torn about also wanting to try their baignan bharta dish and the owner was so sweet that she brought out a side dish of that just for me even though it wasn't on the buffet. That was actually my favorite dish of the night besides the okra dish. My bf and I wanted to give this review 5 stars not just because the food or ambiance was very good but because the service from the owner was excellent. She was really personable, nice and took care of special requests. For us great service counts just as much as the quality of the food. We will definitely head back to Indian Aroma soon.

• Visited March 2014
NY
“Great indo chinese”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went there for a family meal, The food was amazing. The buffet was great paneer makhani and kofta were delicious. They had so many options for vegetarians as well. Dessert was good I usually don't have it but their kheer (rice pudding) and gulab jaman (sweet milk fritters) was so good. definitely have to try the info chinese choices. The vegetarian manchurian was one of the best I have had. The vegetable stir fry was great as well. I will definitely be returning. The service was amazing as well. The owners were very friendly and attentive as well. Its a hidden gem that most people may not know about but worth the trip for the food. The decor is very nice as well. The goldish tables were intricate and really added to the decor.

• Visited March 2014
Greendell, New Jersey
“I would rate it "10" stars if I could!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is probably the best deal on Indian food in all of New Jersey! The food is tasty, well presented and plentiful. The owner is always present to make sure you are pleased with your meal. The service is always spot-on as is the food. I have been here numerous times and cannot find a thing to complain about. The naan bread is great and there are several flavors to choose from. You cannot get Indian food of this quality at this LOW PRICE anywhere else around! Love it!,

• Visited February 2014