“Great Service at a long standing establishment”
Review of Antonietta's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Antonietta's Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: Stops NJ Transit Route 455 to Black Horse Pike, 2 blocks North. NJ Transit Route 400 to 3rd Ave.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

With a Groupon voucher in hand, I headed to Antonietta's Restaurant located in Runnemede, NJ. I finally decided to try this restaurant because we pass this place so many times and it always caught my eye, due to the fact it is a namesake of my sister's name. They have a private, good sized parking lot. We were greeted at the door by a jubilant hostess who was about to seat us at the table facing the parking lot. She was gracious enough to allow us to switch tables to one with a better view when I asked for it. I was glad we moved because the table we moved to was also a window table but had the view of the busy Black Horse Pike which showcased the local businesses along the road. The dining room is quaint and the layout is done in such a way that they take into consideration that those in wheelchairs can be acommodated with no problem. This being said, the restaurant is handicap accessible. The bathroom is large, clean, bright, spacious and decorated with a nice touch of the flower vase. I guess it would be nice if they could add a changing table for the little one if they are advertising their establishment as having a family type of atmosphere. Our server approached our table with a genuine smile and full of energy. It seems that she loves her job. All the appetizers we ordered were all very delicious and arrived to our table warm. We were provided with a complimentary "Texas Toast" type of garlic bread with roasted peppers on the side. And boy it was delicious! The chicken corn soup was warm and hearty and the salad served was fresh. The Cheese Tortellini was good, but could use a wee bit more of seasoning. The Chicken & Eggplant Parmigiana was devoured with gusto. I chose Chicken Capri of which I decided to ditch the potato/pasta side and instead opt for broccoli spears as a substitute. They cooked the broccoli too much which robbed it from being served crisp. The cook put too much lemon in my dish. The Asparagus tips had the inedible part of the stalk included of which I had to spit out. I hope the establishment will make a note of this because this is something that can be remedied with no problem. I will definitely return back to this place even without a voucher in hand because great service is something that is hard to find nowadays. This establishment seems to want to improve on service because they encourage the customers to fill out their house survey so they can find out how service was. I am all for that. Oh, and by the way, free WIFI is available here.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I bought a groupon for 4 people for $30 to get $60, we had a wonderful meal we sat in the old section but very quiet, both me and my mother had their special Chicken in Heaven, and my husband and son had the Chicken Parm, soup, salad all good, my son ordered the lobster or crab bisque, not quite sure did come out later than our soup and salad he says it was alright. Their cheesecakes are homemade Me and my mother shared the Lemonchello cheesecake was very good. My husband ordered a beer he had to tell the waitress twice, but all in all very good meal.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Absolutely terrible, not a single good thing about this place. I walked in and notice it was empty soon found out why. We ordered and the waitress came back several minutes later only to tell us that they ran out of those meals last week. An hour later our food came one and two plates at a time. Wasn't what the waitress or menu described food was plain and very little, also food and drink where way over priced for no reason. Nothing good about there food or service $211 for seven people. We decide to leave a small tip, as we where in the car leaving the waitress came out stopped us. Only to tell us not to came back even though we made it clear we had a horrible experience. They threatened us and hitting the car as window as we rolled up the window. And cured at us several times.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went because I did not want up wait for a table at another restaurant, and the parking lot was only lightly filled. That was all the sign I should have needed.

Soup was cold. When I mentioned it to my waitress, who was very inefficient, her response was "oh, that's the temperature we always serve it at, hon." I guess taking it back and popping it into the microwave for a few secs was beyond her thought capacity.

The tomato sauce tasted like, well, nothing. It seemed like watered down Ragu poured onto over done and squishy pasta.

Asked to speak to the manager after dinner to voice our displeasure, but he never showed up. We had paid our bill already, so in sure he didn't care. We left, never to cross that doorway again!

Save your money. Go buy a Swanson frozen dinner. You'll have a better gastronomic experience guaranteed.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I went to this restaurant and when the bill came I presented the waitress with a Restaurant.com Gift Certificate. The waitress said that the owner is not accepting these certificates any longer. I explained that there was no expiration date on the certificate. I then asked to speak with the owner or manage. The waitress responded that there owner was not there and that there was no one else for me to speak with. I asked her to call the owner and she responded that she did not have is number. She then followed up with that she does not agree with a lot that is going on at the restaurant and is planning to leave net week. I have gone to this restraint several times but I will never go back again.