“Good food poorly managed”
Review of Antonietta's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Antonietta's Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: Stops NJ Transit Route 455 to Black Horse Pike, 2 blocks North. NJ Transit Route 400 to 3rd Ave.
maple shade
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food poorly managed”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My mother in law had booked the baby shower here and when I arrived I thought the place was beautiful. The room upstairs is perfect for these type of small parties. I returned to gather the gifts and walked into a dispute of the bill. I ,being in the industry of event planning, catering ,and overall hospitality , I found multiple discrepancies in the bill. "Padding" looked to present . Meaning more drinks were added than what was consumed. No record of drink orders were kept so it was hard to find what was actual. The manager did not want to discuss the bill which made this problem much more difficult. As a manager my self for a local restaurant chain I found this very suspicious and nonprofessional. Due to these actions I feel the bill was purposely manipulated to increase the money's owed. Simply on this I could not and would not recommend this establishment. Again me knowing how these type of reviews can influence business I must be honest as I am very upset on how things transpired.

1 Thank shadereater

Philadelphia, PA
“Great Service at a long standing establishment”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

With a Groupon voucher in hand, I headed to Antonietta's Restaurant located in Runnemede, NJ. I finally decided to try this restaurant because we pass this place so many times and it always caught my eye, due to the fact it is a namesake of my sister's name. They have a private, good sized parking lot. We were greeted at the door by a jubilant hostess who was about to seat us at the table facing the parking lot. She was gracious enough to allow us to switch tables to one with a better view when I asked for it. I was glad we moved because the table we moved to was also a window table but had the view of the busy Black Horse Pike which showcased the local businesses along the road. The dining room is quaint and the layout is done in such a way that they take into consideration that those in wheelchairs can be acommodated with no problem. This being said, the restaurant is handicap accessible. The bathroom is large, clean, bright, spacious and decorated with a nice touch of the flower vase. I guess it would be nice if they could add a changing table for the little one if they are advertising their establishment as having a family type of atmosphere. Our server approached our table with a genuine smile and full of energy. It seems that she loves her job. All the appetizers we ordered were all very delicious and arrived to our table warm. We were provided with a complimentary "Texas Toast" type of garlic bread with roasted peppers on the side. And boy it was delicious! The chicken corn soup was warm and hearty and the salad served was fresh. The Cheese Tortellini was good, but could use a wee bit more of seasoning. The Chicken & Eggplant Parmigiana was devoured with gusto. I chose Chicken Capri of which I decided to ditch the potato/pasta side and instead opt for broccoli spears as a substitute. They cooked the broccoli too much which robbed it from being served crisp. The cook put too much lemon in my dish. The Asparagus tips had the inedible part of the stalk included of which I had to spit out. I hope the establishment will make a note of this because this is something that can be remedied with no problem. I will definitely return back to this place even without a voucher in hand because great service is something that is hard to find nowadays. This establishment seems to want to improve on service because they encourage the customers to fill out their house survey so they can find out how service was. I am all for that. Oh, and by the way, free WIFI is available here.

Runnemede, New Jersey
“Sunday family dinner!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I bought a groupon for 4 people for $30 to get $60, we had a wonderful meal we sat in the old section but very quiet, both me and my mother had their special Chicken in Heaven, and my husband and son had the Chicken Parm, soup, salad all good, my son ordered the lobster or crab bisque, not quite sure did come out later than our soup and salad he says it was alright. Their cheesecakes are homemade Me and my mother shared the Lemonchello cheesecake was very good. My husband ordered a beer he had to tell the waitress twice, but all in all very good meal.

• Visited February 2014
“NEVER GO HERE,WORST PLACE IVE EVER BEEN TOO.”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Absolutely terrible, not a single good thing about this place. I walked in and notice it was empty soon found out why. We ordered and the waitress came back several minutes later only to tell us that they ran out of those meals last week. An hour later our food came one and two plates at a time. Wasn't what the waitress or menu described food was plain and very little, also food and drink where way over priced for no reason. Nothing good about there food or service $211 for seven people. We decide to leave a small tip, as we where in the car leaving the waitress came out stopped us. Only to tell us not to came back even though we made it clear we had a horrible experience. They threatened us and hitting the car as window as we rolled up the window. And cured at us several times.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Poor, poor, poor all around.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went because I did not want up wait for a table at another restaurant, and the parking lot was only lightly filled. That was all the sign I should have needed.

Soup was cold. When I mentioned it to my waitress, who was very inefficient, her response was "oh, that's the temperature we always serve it at, hon." I guess taking it back and popping it into the microwave for a few secs was beyond her thought capacity.

The tomato sauce tasted like, well, nothing. It seemed like watered down Ragu poured onto over done and squishy pasta.

Asked to speak to the manager after dinner to voice our displeasure, but he never showed up. We had paid our bill already, so in sure he didn't care. We left, never to cross that doorway again!

Save your money. Go buy a Swanson frozen dinner. You'll have a better gastronomic experience guaranteed.

• Visited December 2013