“Diner dining”

Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Saddle Brook
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We have been to this diner on many occasions when we visit NJ. It is a typical NJ diner, albeit a bit smaller than others. The staff is friendly and the food good for what it is. No complaints here.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Since the remodel of the Saddle brook Diner, it just isn't the same. It used to feel more like a diner, it once tasted like one too. The parking is horrible. Seems like a popular place, it is always crowded when I drive by. We just don't eat there anymore. My family has lived in this town for over 50 years. When the Pappas family owned it, it was tremendous!! We ate there every Sunday morning after church. Now it is just expensive for average food. You get, ok service, but always a long wait. Bummer, I once really loved this place. No we just drive by.

2  Thank Robyn G
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

I ordered eggs over easy with hash browns on the side. I make it clear that I want them burnt or they will be sent back. they come out barley cooked and on the same plate as everything else. I point this out to the waitress and she replys with "were too busy to cook them more" at this point I'm so disgusted with the service I reply with "screw it I do not want it" . the plate was completely wrong the waitress knew it and expected me to be happy with it. never coming back a

1  Thank foodluve
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Big burgers, great French fries, huge entrees, and flan! I am never disappointed with this diner! I have not had breakfast there yet, maybe next time.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I work in the area and sometimes I just want to get out of the office for a change. I often choose this diner. Here's why:

1. Service is excellent. I find all the waitstaff very friendly. Sometimes they are inaccurate (When eating someplace 52 times a year, that will happen) but they always make up for it by giving you a break on the bill or something.
2. I generally eat here for lunch, and the lunch specials are a great value. Soup or salad, entree and dessert. The food choices range from healthy salads and veggie burgers to typical greasy diner food. On Thursdays, their pea soup is really tasty.
3. I like the decor. It has this modern/retro look (that sounds odd, I know, but I do not know how else to explain it) that is appealing to me. I can understand why some people may dislike it though.
4. They are constantly improving their premise. They did a complete remodel a few years back and now they are adding a retractable roof section to be open during nice days and closed when it is rainy or cold.
5. If you have a business guest in town and you want to take them for a proper Jersey breakfast of Taylor Ham, egg and cheese on a hard roll, this place serves it perfectly.

This place is always packed and on more than one occasion I have left to find someplace else to eat because the wait was too long (and a lunch break does not last long enough to wait). There are many diners in the area and this is one of my favorites.