“Great Weekend Getaway”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of returning to this hotel after numerous stays. The staff should rewarded for their professionalism. I had the pleasure of being greeted by Devon who has restored my faith in customer service . She is a keeper! Great place for a romantic weekend by the pool. I will always look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmmapeel
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear mmmapeel,

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel! We are pleased to see that Devon was able to exceed your expectations and provide the great service you have come to know from the Marriott Brand. I will ensure we recognize Devon with your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Megan W.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday evening in May when I had a wedding at the Royal Manor in Garfield. My boyfriend and I have Marriott Rewards and are pretty loyal to Marriott so I could see how/why the service was so great, but I imagine they would have given us good service regardless. The room was comfy. Typical room. They apologized for not being able to upgrade us as they did not have any additional rooms available. They had shuttle service go to/from the wedding which was very convenient. The bar downstairs was nice. It's open til 2am, so we had a nice after the wedding drink with the bride and groom. All and all a nice stay. It's right off the GSP and I-80, so it's easy to find and makes for a very convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I appreciated getting a welcome email prior to and a request for feedback following my stay. We also got a good dinner recommendation to nearby neighborhood pizza restaurant (Mario's).

The hotel is very close to George Washington bridge ($13 toll), so unless it's rush hour, you can be in NYC in 20 minutes.

Some negatives: the room bathroom has a pocket door, so may be tough to open if you have arthritis. Pillows were too flat, there was no hair dryer in the room, and the real half and half curdled in my in-room coffee. I was given 5000 reward points for no hair dryer.

Plenty of free parking. Lots of TVs in the bar. Fitness center is large and quite a distance to get to. Pool looked great but we didn't try it.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LJBCOOL
SaddleBrookGM, Front Office Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your feedback. We will be sure to address the issues you have shared with us. Please be assured that we will take the necessary steps to ensure these issues will not happen in the future.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very clean well appointed & very friendly staff made this overnight stay for my daughter's wedding exceptional. We had arranged a breakfast for our guests the following morning which was fantastic- never had to remind the staff that certain items were running low, it was all expertly handled by our maitre de- whose name was Kumar. Two other exceptional staff members were Juan, & Kim, both from sales, who made the decision to use this property a no brainer! They were both fantastic & definitely went the extra mile. Even the service personnel gave a cheerful greeting
The whole experience was typical Marriott & then some!

Room Tip: We were at the concierge level, but some other guests rooms on different fl were equally nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ambopat
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's in the middle of freeway offramps. If you don't have a car, and want to eat, they have a very high priced "restaurant" on premises that will be happy to serve you $4.00 coffee and $13.00 sandwiches on day old white bread. If you ask about a taxi, they refer you to their captive limo service that charges $25 to go 4 miles. Their business plan seems to be, "soak them". And like many other Marriott franchises, this hotel, although clean, has a 90's decor...I could live with that, but not with the 'soak them' philosophy.

Room Tip: Try another location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank L M
SaddleBrookGM, Front Office Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share with us your comments and suggestions. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative. We use all feedback to better ourselves, and our hotel. We have passed your concerns on to our management team, and will try to address these issues accordingly.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is old and tired.
The staff are excellent but not worth it to stay in those rooms. There are better hotels in this area.
At first they placed me on the ground floor at the far back of the hotel literally in the same area as the indoor pool (and I'm a Marriott rewards member!). I had to ask to move as this was just gross.
My air con didn't work in the first room i was in too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaun_Of_Oz
SaddleBrookGM, Front Office Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring issues that you encountered during your stay to our attention. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative. We use all feedback to better ourselves, and our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Here at the Saddle Brook Marriott we take great pride in making our guest's stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Unfortunately this was not the case during your stay with us. I have shared your concerns with our management team, so that we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here 1 night for a wedding in the area. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. Our room was average, the bed was very comfortable. Conviently located at the highway exit and there are food establishments near by. Though our drinks were very weak, the bar area was very nice. I would stay here again for an over night should another occassion arise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meado...
#3 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!