“Really desappointed”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband has spent almost 1 month in this hotel for his work. I came to join him the last week and I will precise some details about this hotel.

++: nice pool, great gym room.
--: we went in this hotel twice. First time: my bottle of French fragance has desappeared, I'm sure of that !!!! but I figured it out too late. I asked several times by phone to check-it out. They didn't pay attention to me . Somebody stole that fragrance. Now I realize that and I've read the same type of comment on trip advisor about a stolen watch...I'm gonna fill a claim form.
Second time: we've asked for a future reservation at the front desk before to leave the first time. When we're back , no reservation made, one last room, no preferred rate applied for my husband company. Bad really bad. I ask again about my fragrance. Nothing new. The room was awful with a really noisy AC, all night long, impossible to switch it off.

I'm French (you know the French flair ?). I've havent't said my last word !!! I'm gonna stick the Marriot manager until I get a proper answer toward a valued client.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. Your comments will be shared with the staff to make improvements so these issues do not arise in the future. However I am apologize about your challenges with your stay are far from the norm. We take your comments very seriously. We hope to prove this to you on your next travel back to Saddle Brook, New Jersey.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my Favorite hotel when in this area. I love the mobile check in using the Marriott App. The check in was just in 2 minutes. The room was very clean. Staff is very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants near by.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Use this hotel frequently for business. Conveniently located and rooms and amenities very good quality. What you would expect from a good Marriott hotel. Staff very friendly and courteous. Devon on reception couldn't have been nicer on check-in and subsequently when I needed to change my length of stay. So nice to deal with real, friendly people when you are staying away. Ricky on night shift also very pleasant. Would recommend hotel to any business traveller.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Staff was welcoming and very friendly.

My suite on the Concierge Floor was roomy but the bathroom and doors looked worn out. You had to actually slam the doors to close them. Opening them was also tricky.

Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your comments on the stay and your welcome experience. However I am apoligize about your challenges with your room, we take your comments very seriously. Your challenge you experienced was far from the norm. We hope you travel back to Saddle Brook and we look forward to your return.

Thanks,

Patrick

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I travel weekly for work and the staff here never disappoints; they always make you feel right at home. Devon and Casey really go out of their way to make you feel special. And the room is always very clean. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Don't stay near the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your response and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Saddle Brook Marriott. We look forward to your speedy return to Saddle Brook.

Patrick

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice, clean room, well maintained pool. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and professional. A couple nights the kids were pushing past closing time on the pool. The staff was very friendly and didn't rush us out. Vending machine on our floor didn't dispense a drink when it thought it had. Went down to the front desk and was given a drink from the gift shop machine without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The wait staff in the restaurant, including the bus boy was incredible. Being away for work, I regularly eat alone. It was very nice to be recognized and treated so well. Not to mention how delicious the food is:-)

• Stayed: June 2014
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!