“Excellent Staff”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Even though the hotel is little dated and old, the rooms are nice and good to stay in. Really the staff members in the front desk or in lounge or bar were awesome. They are very respectful and very quick in responsiveness and get whatever help you need. Overall the staff got this place the rating. Overall the hotel is near to all the highways and shopping centers. Easy to commute.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back end of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

We are delighted that your stay with the Saddle Brook Marriott was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We look forward to your return to the Saddle Brook Marriott.

Patrick

Reviewed 7 August 2014

During our stay, we needed to use the hotel printer, that was down. The Front desk staff: Devon and Kasey, were more than helpful. They printed up our necessary paperwork, and kept us rolling on our short stay there! It saved us time and aggravation! We also needed directions and driving advice. They gave us correct advice about tolls and bridges. I felt like we were high maintenance guest but we were just new to the area. Thanks for making us feel special! We will definitely return and recommend this Marriott.
Keep up the smiles!
Rose B

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your response, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Saddle Brook Marriott, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a little dated and old, but the rooms are nice and a good size. Every member of the staff from the front desk to the bar was awesome. Of course you going to pay Marriott prices at the bar and restaurant. Overall the staff got this place the rating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vinny0014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have not been back to this hotel for several years and have recently stayed there last week. The staff (Devon/Front Desk) and Shiva (Manager on Duty) were excellent in asking what I needed for my stay and asked if I need anything recommendations for restaurants in the area.

I will be staying at this hotel when I'm in the NJ area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your response, Sorry for your loss, However, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Saddle Brook Marriott, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My brother was killed in a work related accident in Edgewater, NJ on June 21, 2014 and we had to book flights and a hotel stay to attend his funeral services.

The entire hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable for my wife during our 5 day stay and I as well as my son and grandson who stayed for one night. I want to thank each and everyone one of the guest services staff, especially Anthony Grasso and others at the front desk as well as the hotel's GM Megan. My brother's son, Kevin Carlson also works there as the food service manager.

For those of you traveling to northeast NJ, this hotel is perfectly situated near route 80,17, the NJTP and Garden State Parkway making travel from Newark Int'l Airport (use GSP) or NYC visits very easy.

There is an indoor heated pool, food service with bar and convention meeting rooms as a business center. There is also a Dunkin Doughnuts next door for those who need a caffine fix with sugar.

If planning your stay, please call the hotel and ask for Anthony or Megan, and tell them Roy Carlson, Kevin Carlson's uncle sent you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and there is plenty of parking on site.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent two nights in June-----convenient to the Washington Bridge----gym is well equipped and clean----the lounge was typical for a Marriott--well maintained and clean a plus-----only negative was the coffee in the restaurant $4:00 a cup---not Starbucks-------the General Manager is "new" to this property- very visible helping the front desk--a real plus normally the GM is not to be seen at the front desk

Room Tip: ---12th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband has spent almost 1 month in this hotel for his work. I came to join him the last week and I will precise some details about this hotel.

++: nice pool, great gym room.
--: we went in this hotel twice. First time: my bottle of French fragance has desappeared, I'm sure of that !!!! but I figured it out too late. I asked several times by phone to check-it out. They didn't pay attention to me . Somebody stole that fragrance. Now I realize that and I've read the same type of comment on trip advisor about a stolen watch...I'm gonna fill a claim form.
Second time: we've asked for a future reservation at the front desk before to leave the first time. When we're back , no reservation made, one last room, no preferred rate applied for my husband company. Bad really bad. I ask again about my fragrance. Nothing new. The room was awful with a really noisy AC, all night long, impossible to switch it off.

I'm French (you know the French flair ?). I've havent't said my last word !!! I'm gonna stick the Marriot manager until I get a proper answer toward a valued client.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SaddleBrookGM, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. Your comments will be shared with the staff to make improvements so these issues do not arise in the future. However I am apologize about your challenges with your stay are far from the norm. We take your comments very seriously. We hope to prove this to you on your next travel back to Saddle Brook, New Jersey.

We look forward to your return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saddle Brook
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!