“fantastic stay”

Residence Inn Saddle River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saddle River
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was the best hotel stay i have ever experianced. The staff was incredable and the accomedations were outstanding. We did not have to leave the location to experiance a great trip. I couldnt believe it when we arrived that an incrediable breakfast and dinner awaited us every morning and night. I felt like i was in a small community and could not beileve how well taken care of we were by the most friendly staff. Kitchen staff made if feel as if you were eating at a nice restaurant every night. Managment was very visable and went to every length to be sure we were comfortable. People of notice are: Lori in sales, Doris in kitchen, Brian and Dwayne at the front desk and Alison in managment. These people got to know us and made the stay feel so familliar. The room as beautiful and fully functional and comfortable. The variety of choices of rooms made any group size feel at home. The only improvement would be to insulate the windows a bit more. Cold drafts made it difficult to heat. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Lisa Marie B,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional. I am so happy to hear that we achieved our goal during your visit. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able enjoy our complimentary Breakfast and Social Hour. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. I have shared your kind words with my team and they were beyond delighted with it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family and I travel exclusively through Marriott hotels and this location gives the typical Residence Inn experience when it comes to breakfast, cleanliness, and overall decor. No complaints there......but that's where the similarities end. Let me begin with the smell. Our floor, of our building (the hotel is broken into many different buildings) had an awful smell that seemed to last the entire stay. I gave the benefit of the doubt, assuming it would clear out, but it never did. We did call the front desk, who sent someone on a "pass through" to check it out, but nothing was ever done and it never let up. In their defense, I was offered a chance to move rooms (to another building), but the weather was bad and we just got in and unpacked from a long drive.....again, assuming the smell would pass. My only real additional complaint was with the bedroom window. The draft coming though created about a 30 degree drop in temp for anyone within 6 feet (also known as "my side of the bed"). We used extra linens and towels to block it as much as possible, but it wasn't 100%.

As for location, this place is absolutely perfect for where we typically stay in NY/NJ (visiting family). I would love to know that we have a favorite, but we may need to venture a few more miles next time and stay at the Courtyard. First impressions are hard to overcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BM79
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback of our hotel as we are always interested in hearing new ways of improving our services for our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast; which is just one of the many complimentary services you have come to love with our Residence Inn properties. I am also happy that our location meets your traveling needs. Being located in a close vicinity to several major highways makes traveling “to and from” quite convenient. We do keep a team member at the Front Desk, 24 hours a day, for any requests or needs that you may encounter during your stay. Making sure that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay is a top priority of ours. Here at our Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you just how great all of our services are. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We were at a client all day during a nj snow storm and found that the roads were impassable

This hotel is next to my client in allendale. We went over without a reservation and were accommodated with no fuss.

They served food in the lobby restaurant and made a real travel problem into a calm evening.

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tallguyrich
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review. Making sure that all our guests have a safe place to stay during stormy weather is an extreme priority of ours. I am very happy to hear that you decided not to take any chances and weather the storm here at our Residence Inn in Saddle River. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your co-workers. Should the weather get to sever, we do have back up generators that will help provide all the basic needs you would expect to have on a bright and sunny day. I am also happy to hear that not only did you have a safe place to stay, that you were able to partake in our complimentary Social hour. I hope that you did save time before your long journey home to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as well. I do hope that if you find yourself visiting our area again that you will keep us in mind for all your traveling needs!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here last week. I was very disappointed with my room as it was on the highway side of the hotel and quite noisy. Aside from that, the room was suitable. Their breakfast was the typical Residence Inn fare.

There are a number of Marriott properties in New Jersey, and I will be sure to choose different one next time. It is not worth the risk of experiencing a sleepless night on the highway side again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Hello WeakkneesWillie,

Making sure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay is of great importance to us here at the Residence Inn Saddle River. I am very sorry that you experienced a sleepless night.

With a Front Desk team that runs 24 hours a day, our guests can call down with any requests or needs that they may encounter during their stay. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Many guests take advantage of our Marriott Rewards program where you can list all special requests. Our team reviews these requests daily and makes any necessary changes to insure complete comfort prior to your arrival. This can include desired locations, special allergies, or any extra items needed in the room.

On the other hand, I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the amenities of our guest room as well as our complimentary breakfast. We also serve a complimentary Social hour and I hope you were able to enjoy that as well.

Should you find yourself visiting our area again that you will give us another opportunity to show you why we are the leading Extended Stay hotel.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

huge rooms as expected from a Residence Inn, cool layout to the property for long term stays. Here's the kicker though, they're a pet friendly spot-and if work is being done on the house and there is no water/electricity/HVAC at home-pack up the wife and pups and live like a human being until your contractors get it together. Solid and quiet place so the canines didn't get out of line at unfamiliar noises or the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear MarkAXA,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to bring your family, even the four legged furry ones. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would expect in your own home. I do hope that you were able to take advantage of all the other amenities that we provide as well; such as the 24 hours gym, complementary breakfast and Social hour, and our Fire Pit.

Should you find yourself in a situation again, that you will think of coming back “home” again!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend. We had a great stay at this Residence Inn. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We especially want to thank Shannon Armour for helping us with a special request.

As usual the bed and room were comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. The thing we loved about our little weekend getaway is that we stayed in a room with a fireplace. This really added to our romantic weekend. This is a great place for a couples weekend.

Room Tip: It's worth the money to get a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Netstraveling,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River for your Romantic Get Away! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I must say that we do have a wonderful staff and I am glad that we were able to accommodate any requests you may have had. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our new beds! We just replaced all of them a couple months ago and I must say that they are divine!

I’m not sure if you are aware, along with the wonderful Fire Places that some of our rooms have, we also have a Fire Pit outside on the patio. This way you can enjoy your nights by the fire, maybe even make some ‘Smores.

We look forward to seeing you again for another get away!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here twice in one month visiting family. Clean, kitchen furnished ok, breakfast and breakfast room attractive! Good food, several steps above your usual hotel complimentary breakfast. Only one negative - no king size beds in one-bedroom suites. Other than that, no complaints! Recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for room near elevators OR stairs. Long walk between them!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Ellen - thank you for your kind recommendation. We love being a part of family visits. I hope you had an opportunity to get together on the patio maybe for a barbeque. Sorry about the queen size beds. It allows for more moving around room in the separate sleeping area. Our hotel does offer king size beds but only in our two bedroom suites.

Thank you for noticing the love our breakfast hostess puts into our morning breakfast. I have shared your thoughts with the team. As hospitality professionals we take great pride in being the best possible.

We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saddle River
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey

Been to Residence Inn Saddle River? Share your experiences!