“Nice place.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saddle River
Savannah, Georgia
“Nice place.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a small group staying here, about 5 couples and one family. Everything worked very well, esp. For the family. The rooms were pleasant, clean and comfortable. The staff was great, we were a noisy group late on Saturday night and no one complained. It was accessible and the kids loved the pool. I would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you s much for your kind review, our team understands that groups travelling together may enjoy late night hours getting reacquainted. Whenever possible we block groups adjacent to one another. This extra touch not only makes it convenient for the group but also is less disturbing to our other guests.

We look forward to serving you and your friends again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This chain is where we always stay when traveling with our dog. It is quiet and spacious, and the staff in Saddle River is superb. saddle River in convenient to NYC, whether driving or taking the commuter train from Ridgewood. Love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary L
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Mary L –

Thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to seeing you next trip.
MA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Arrived late- no problem. Initially given 1st floor room, but at this hotel the 1st floor is at the same level as parking so it is possible to get car headlights into your window. They immediately changed the room to the 3rd floor away from the elevator- no problem. Our room was clean and no noise. We noticed the closet door was off track, the bathroom door knob rose was ajar and the bathroom sink faucet was very loose from the vanity. It was late so we didn't call the desk. In the morning we spoke with the supervisor who on the spot called maintenance, who within 5 min was at our door to assess the situation. He was most apologetic and would fix the 3 items upon our departure(our choice to wait). The breakfast buffet was hot and with good variety. We have stayed at this Marriott many times and we do so because they are customer oriented and appear to genuinely enjoy what they do. Everyone has a smile on their face as they greet you.

Room Tip: avoid 1st floor Building #2 is quiet and of course always away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MsM56 -

Thank you for the honest and positive review. We really do love what we do and want to make a difference in our guests travel experience.

I know it sounds weird but we love it when our guests let us know something is wrong. It is an pportunity to prove our committment to our guest.
Lincoln Park, Michigan
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Let me start by saying I travel a lot and stay in many hotels .I have stayed in many Residence Inns, but by far has this Residence Inn been the BEST! The staff there were VERY professional and accommodating to my every need. I know I will forget a few names, but they all know how excellent , they all were as a team. From the start Traci (sales) was like a long lost sister, she was very professional and helpful with ALL my needs, her personality and her knowledge of the area is what every hotel needs. It was nice to see her smiling face every day . If I needed anything she would be able to guide me in the right direction .The housekeeping staff kept my room clean and fresh every day. The rooms a very spacious. The grounds well kept and clean. Brian and Janet were very helpful and professional also . If I needed anything they would do their best to get it for me in a timely manner. Now I saved the best for last. At this Residence Inn they have meals Monday - Thursday.(it varies from hotel to hotel on how many nights they serve) After working 12-14 hour days it was nice to come home and have a REAL HOME COOKED MEAL by someone that really put their heart in the cooking.It wasn't just something tossed together. Doris really made me feel like I was part of her family , as she did with all of the other guests. I would look forward to getting a hug and a great meal from her daily. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is in that area, I will go out of my way to stay there when i'm in that side of the country.Keep up with the GREAT work! You all rock in my book.
Y
ou will be happy to know that the staff there will treat you just like you were their family.

My Best Regards
Joe Pa.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. We appreciate all feedback of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I must say that we do have a wonderful Team here in Saddle River and I am glad to hear that you felt as if you were part of our Family!!!! Making sure that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay is a top priority of ours. Here at our Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would expect in your own home. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs. We do hope to serve you again in the near future!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is the email I shared with the managers of the hotel right before I checked out after a 4 month stay:

Mr. Finney,

My name is James and I have been staying at the Residence Inn Saddle River, NJ for the last four months.

I was hired as a Franchise Business Consultant and as part of my new position I began a very intense training process that has lasted for the last four months. I wanted to take a moment to share with you my experience during my staying here during this training.

From the moment I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with the utmost professionalism and kindness that a guest could possibly receive. The accommodations at this location are impeccable and that is the result of an outstanding housekeeping team. Each day they make sure that my room is clean, bright and smells delightful. They work so hard to make sure that all areas of the hotel are kept clean and ready for any guest to enjoy and they do it, often, without recognition from the guests here. They are a dedicated team and deserve a big thank you.

Throughout the majority of my stay I was unable to make it back to the hotel in time to enjoy the evening meal as I typically finished work at 9:00 PM. Without any hesitation Doris made sure that I had a meal every evening. Doris touched my heart and made me feel like one of her own children in the way she took care of me and I cannot say enough about her. Monday through Wednesday evenings Doris always made sure to save me a meal so when I came "HOME" from work I would have a meal waiting for me. I cannot tell you how much this means to me after a long day but I am sure you can imagine. In the mornings on the weekends I always looked forward to coming into the clubhouse to see Doris and give her a great big huge and a thank you for the weeks meal. Living on the road is difficult but when you come home to a home cooked meal it makes it feel a little more like home. I want to share that I am not the only person that is made to feel like one of Doris' children. You see each weekend morning that I came into the clubhouse you would see Doris there talking to and helping everyone that was enjoying breakfast. She always checks on each table of business people and families to make sure they are happy and have everything they need. She is one of the sweetest women I have met and so very caring. If I owned a hotel I would certainly try and hire her away from you (haha). She is the perfect example of what every team member should aspire to be like. Thank you so much to Doris for her caring personality and kindness during my stay.

The evenings that I would come in late to pick up dinner I was often greeted by Janet. I cannot explain to you how Janet's smile can change your mood almost immediately. After a 13-14 hour day of work and being drained of energy both physically and mentally I knew that I could count on walking through the front doors of the hotel and seeing Janet's bright smile that instantly made me feel better. She is an amazing woman that has been there for me every evening when I come home and I thank her for all of her help and kindness during my stay here. Thank you to Janet for all of her kindness and help during my stay.

Often times in the morning I would bring my dry cleaning over to be sent out for the day and Brian would be at the front desk. Brian was always very professional and helpful to me when I was in need of something. Throughout the snowy winter here I would often have to borrow a snow brush to clean off my car and Brian made sure that I had what I needed. He is an outstanding team member who provides great customer service to everyone he comes in contact with. Any time I needed to get copies of my statement and work out what has been charged up to a certain point Brian helped me out. He was quick to respond to my requests and helped walk me through each page of the charges to I could understand how it was broken down. Thank you to Brian for all of his help.

At check-in I was greeted by Jessica with a great big smile and warm welcome. I was starving and asked about local restaurants in the area and Jessica was quick to respond with some of the best place to go and she supplied me with menus for all of the restaurants in the area. She gave me advice on the best places to get delivery and the best places to go for a sit down meal. Throughout my time here she has shown me great respect and kindness in any of my requests or just in general. She always says hello and greets me when I come into the building and it is wonderful to have someone recognize your presence. I encourage this with each of my clients and I would recommend that my clients watch how Jessica treats the guests here at the hotel and apply that to their business and customers. Thank you to Jessica for all of her help.

Alison is manages much of the team here has been an amazing example of how great leadership shows in the rest of the team. From her caring demeanor and exemplary customer service skills an amazing team has been developed. Several times this winter we had large snow falls that caused chaos around New Jersey however you never felt that here at the hotel. I would often receive a message from Alison sharing her concerns on the road and wishing us safe travels if we had to leave the hotel. As I made changes to extend my reservation Alison helped me make the arrangements and made sure that everything was in place for my stay and that I would not have to move rooms or be inconvenienced. Thank you Alison for all of your help.

Mr. Finney, I hope you take the time to read this email and share with not only with the team here at the hotel but also with your team members and those up the ladder at Marriott so they know just how wonderful this team and my experience has been with Marriott.

In my previous position as a consultant I stayed at Hilton Hotels but after this experience I am now a Marriott Man!

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or if you would like more information.

Thank you to all for making my stay feel like I was at home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jpatchett
Hello Mr. Patchett,

Once again, from the bottom of ALL ours hearts, thank you so much for your amazing compliments. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and become part of our family. It is people like you that make our jobs so special and a smile on our face everyday. Even though you have been gone for some time now, always remember that you have a home here in Saddle River. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is ANYTHING that I can help you with in the future. We will all be glad to help any way we can. We hope to see you again soon!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Residence Inn off and on for close to 20 days already this year and I have to say I really like it. It's in a great location (assuming you need to be in Northern NJ) relative to 17 and the GSP.

The suite and studio rooms are well laid out and well appointed. They have a good breakfast and scheduled evening apps (although I have yet to make one).

The staff is helpful and friendly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that it was conveniently located for your traveling needs. Besides the easily accessable highways, we are conveniently located near several NJ Transit lines which allow easy and convenient travel to visit New York City as well.

I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our guest rooms have to offer. Being that we are an Extended Stay hotel, we aim to be your “home away from home". I do hope that you will come to visit Miss Doris during our Social Hour. She really will make you feel at home with some nice evening treats. We really enjoy making that time for our guests a special one. We recently celebrated Mardi Gras with some Gumbo and King Cake and we are looking forward to St. Patrick's Day celebrations!!!

Once again, thank you for your great comments. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything that we can assist you with!!!

Thank you!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here numerous times the past year and have had issues most every time with the rooms being well cleaned and maintained. No heat…No blankets….Broken faucets...Dirty rooms…Dishes and silverware with food on them…Bedsheets with other peoples hairs and stains on them…Cleaning people yelling down the hallways to each other in forge in languages at 730 am..Coffee cups dirty and put back in the cupboard.(see photo) White substance dribbled on the couch. Toilets that wobble. Faucets that are broken. Crumbs on carpet. Have been given different rooms…points…apologies, and still the place is dirty and not 'like home'. This past time, here are the coffee mugs we woke up to in the cabinet!! Gross. I do not care about free points, Bloody Valentines events,..Halloween events…'Im Sorrys'…I DO want the clean reliable CLEAN Residence Inn that I loved , back again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, this hotel is not what it used to be. Dirty.Disgusting.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank john d
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn: Saddle River.

You indicated in your response that your room cleanliness was unsatisfactory and not properly maintained. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. Our hotel strives to achieve your complete satisfaction each and every stay. As you stated in your response, this is not the norm for our property. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we are always looking for feedback on ways that we can improve our services for our guests. I can assure you that I will be bringing these issues to my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer and these issues will be addressed. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. I do hope that you will reach out to me so that we can discuss these matters further.

Alison Kenney
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Residence Inn Saddle River? Share your experiences!