“rough exterior but beautiful inside”
Review of Starland Ballroom

Starland Ballroom
Hubbardston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“rough exterior but beautiful inside”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Large ugly building with no free parking in site so I was immediately turned off. Got in a long line because we had tickets-there was no line or wait in the no tickets line. It was annoying to see people streaming past me who hadnt planned ahead like I did. Once I got inside I was actually quite suprised at how nice it was. Beautiful large room with two bar areas in the back. The area behind the bar had a large mirror so I didnt miss a thing while waiting for a drink. Although it was a large crowd the wait for a drink was never more than a minute. They wont let you remove drinks from that area so plan ahead if you want to get in front of stage. If you are there for a show I think you will feel like you always have a good view, I would definitely return and would have my tickets waiting at the will call booth!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Adornment

Old Bridge
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Experienced better here before they re-opened after the hurricanr”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

First of all parking was terrible. It took forever..20 minutes or so just to get in the parking lot. The parking attendant was rude while collecting my $7 parking fee (when they first opened it was free then $5). I was then yelled at by more than one parking attendants telling me that I could not park in the venue's parking lot. I just paid $7 to park here...what do you mean I can't park here? I was then escorted to some sort of small lot next to the venue in front of some sort of junkyard. The vehicles here were driving all over this lot in different directions and the attendants did not know where to tell people to park. My friends and I has to walk through rocks, dirt, mud and potholes out of this pitch black lot with no street lights. We then had to continue walking to and from the venue on the side of the road. There was no sidewalk and it was unsafe. Inside was a better experience. The staff inside were much more friendly. There are three levels for concertgoers to hangout on. The only food I saw was pizza slices being sold. Beer will run you atleast seven dollars, a fireball shot was six dollars and water is three dollars. Most of the shows I saw here in the past, I did not pay more than twenty dollars for and now it seems as though their prices have drastically rised.

Visited November 2013
Fanwood, New Jersey
“Black Veil Brides - Disappointment Singer - Andy -sick”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Cant tell you how disappointed I was when BVB cancelled their show TWENTY MINUTES before show time. Not a way to keep a "fan base". Rearranged schedule and school to attend. i understand Andy was sick and things happen, but you don't "do the fans like that". VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Starland Ballroom is a great place and I know its not their fault. I think the concert promoter needs to refund those who attended last night's concert - 10/22..Bullet for my Valentine was excellent, but I specifically came for BVB.

Like other bands when they cancel, they always try to come out and see their fans..or even give refunds...THIS BAND DIDNT...THUMBS DOWN!!!!!

Visited October 2013
United States
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Better than Expected except for parking (?)”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first time here and I had read some pretty awful reviews and was expecting the worst. I actually thought the place was really nice and the sound system was awesome. I think they did remodel since Superstorm Sandy which may be why it looked better inside then what I expected. Even the bathrooms were nice. There is a main floor and stage and 3 bars surrounding that area (one straight back and one on each side). The bar areas are elevated. However, the parking was weird. We arrived early and just parked our car. No one was there to collect money. Then later on someone came around asking if everyone had paid to park and those that didn't (which was a lot of people) had to move their cars over to another area and pay at that time. $7 is the parking fee. I guess they didn't expect people to arrive so early but this is a general admission venue and that's what people do, arrive early to get close to the stage or a seat at one of the bars. So that was a little strange watching what looked like a bumper car ride out in the parking lot while everyone shifted their cars around but other than that it was a pretty cool place to see a show. They also had a Living Social deal online for the same show which allowed you front of the line privileges. That pissed some people off that had been waiting hours in line and who had tickets since they went on sale only to have someone that drove up 1/2 hour before the show started cut right to the front of the line that just purchased the Living Social deal 2 weeks prior. I was fine with my position once inside but these were things I overheard others saying about the Living Social deal.
Overall if a singer or group you like plays there and you don't mind general admission venues and standing all night, then I would recommend going.

Visited September 2013
New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing place for smaller shows”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Love love love love Starland. Visited over 10 times for shows, large and small size, sometimes very crowded but great views from all over the place. Pizza is excellent and staff is very friendly.

Visited October 2012