“Great getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sea Girt
Beacon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Sea Girt B&B and Inns
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
“Great getaway”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Great location, amenities, and breakfast. We have visited before and we will definitely return. We recommend any of the rooms with a balcony. Candy and Kathy are wonderful and have thought of every detail.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sea Girt, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Excellent facility and excellent service. We stayed in room 18 on the top floor. There was an excellent view of the beach and of Spring Lake from our balcony (which had two rocking chairs on it). Perfect for a couples getaway! Staff were so friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The location and the service was top notch! I flew in from AZ. to attend the wedding of my friend. Candy (owner) checked me in & made sure I had everything I needed. I couldn't ask for anything more, the beach was awesome.........great long weekend!
John M Chandler, AZ.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I have been to Sea Girt numerous times now; each time I have stayed in a family member's house located on the beach. The location of Sea Girt is wonderful.. Therefore, we decided to have my sister's baby shower here. Our family is enormous so we needed somewhere to stay other than this home.. The beacon house is located .25 miles from the house so we chose here as it was the closest location, and quite honestly the most decent location other than a personal home in that particular area.
This was my first experience in a bed and breakfast, and I honestly expected more for the price. We paid 1000+ for 3 nights with 3 people in the room(there is a 3 night minimum for summer weekends). Our room (2nd floor of the summer house) had a queen sized bed and we needed a roll away for the 3rd person.. Our roll away was comparable to the cushion from a lounge chair, placed on the floor. I was reluctant to allow my 6+ foot tall brother sleep on this, except that we realized the roll away was actually more comfortable than the bed! For that price, I expect to at least be able to sleep at night. I did not complain, as they were booked for the weekend (largely because the shower guests took up 50% of the rooms) and because I didn't want to make it a big deal on my sister's weekend. The room was quite small but i wasnt expectig anything huge.. the sink was in the bedroom because it couldnt fit in the small bathroom but this was the least of my concerns. Other than the beds needing work, the televisions need to be updated if the website is going to list a personal tv as a perk of the room. The tv was the size and shape of a small box. I saw this type of tv in my cousin's room next to us, but my parents' room had a small flat screen, so I realized every room was not the same.
As for the rest of the place: it was very cute. The common area in the main house and the porch were both very nice. The breakfast was decent, not anything amazing but I don't have complaints. The servers were very polite and friendly!
The owner/manager was also very friendly and never have any of us a problem. She seemed to love what she does and having the guests.
I loved the location of the beacon house.. Across the street from the Parker house if you wanted food or drinks, and so close to the beach.. With beach passes included in the stay (saves you $10/day I believe).
My final thoughts are that I wish I had a better stay at the beacon house for what I paid, as this is definitely a location I will continue to visit. If management updates the beds and tvs, I'd be more inclined to give it another chance. Until then, I'd rather save my hard earned money.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank nicole k
dan1elleb
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Beacon house is in a great location. Right near the beach, across the street from the Parker house. Parking lot is available, beach passes and we didn't have to pay or wait in line fo the Parker house (it was packed for the holiday weekend) Staff is very helpful and friendly. We were a group of girls and did not realize how thin the walls are. We were laughing loudly when we came home one night and were told it disrupted other guests.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have been staying in the Sea Girt area for 10 years and have traveled all over the world. We have now stayed at Beacon House for a few years and for the NJ shore, there is no reason to go anywhere else. One block to the beach, across the street from Parker House. The owner Candy and manager, Kathy, make it a personal goal of theirs for you to have a great stay. You get a comfortable room, a great homemade breakfast (not just some cereal and hard boiled eggs), snacks in the afternoon, pool, beach chairs, beach tags, umbrellas, beach towels, bikes and maid service. If this place doesn't make you happy--no place will.

Room Tip: main house has slightly larger rooms. Both a quiet for great sleeping.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I went to Sea Girt with my family for a few days to celebrate my 30th birthday. When we got there I was very disappointed. There were ants all around the surroundings- up and down the walls, the bathroom, etc. Then I guess they knew about the problem but didn't tell us when we checked in- as they had ant traps in the room. Sadly not knowing about the traps, I wound up touching one that was under the bed when my cell phone dropped. I have sensitive skin and due to their traps- had such complications! Had to spend the entire night talking with poison control for the burning sensation. I just found it inconsiderate to not be informed about these traps or ant problem- and would have been appreciated to have received a warning about the traps in the room.

Furthermore, even though there was only one bed they charged for an extra person- yet it was a joke they charge for a 3rd person- as the cot they wanted me to sleep on was gross! It was all brown and yellow and smelled musty. There was NO way I was going to sleep on an old gross bed covered in ants- Luckily my fiancee's family lives two towns over so I was able to sleep there every night. They did supply 3 beach passes but since I was so grossed out I didn't go to their beach and spent time at Belmar beach instead paying for my pass there and having my family pay for me to "stay" at the Beacon house. It was just sad that my family got charged for a person even though the room was unusable.
On a positive side, the location was great- a block across the beach and they have a nice porch you can sit on outside.
Other information to note- Guests of guests are not allowed in the pool. They say they have free Wii Fii -but I wasn't able to log on to my IPAD from the room -only in the lobby. The people there are nice and it's a good location- perhaps I just had a bad experience, but I wouldn't chance it again. Def would not go back and sadly can't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Beacon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!