“They think of everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sea Girt
Beacon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Sea Girt B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“They think of everything”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here this past weekend with a few girlfriends. It helps that we had amazing weather, but it is the type of place that really wants your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Beach chairs, badges, towels, passes to the Parker House, yummy breakfast - all included - on top of the premium location - I couldn't have asked for more.

Definitely a bit pricy, but given everything I just mentioned, it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We only stayed for one night, but that was enough to be amazed at how beautiful, clean and welcoming this place is. It's located ONE block away from the beach and has a pool... seriously, what else could you want? The room was very nice and spacious, everything was clean and looked very very well taken care of. The innkeepers were incredibly helpful and nice. The food was delicious, and they go out of their way to help you with anything you might need. They welcomed me, my husband and especially my 4yo daughter, which is more than most B&B's in the area do, and we slept comfortably and were able to enjoy every minute of our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MGsjdhfaiueh
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The Beacon House is a lovely, charming place to stay.. a throw back in time! Sea Girt is dreamy and peaceful with many good restaurants as well as shopping in the area. Directly across the street is the Parker House. Don't go home without having lunch on the wrap around porch. We have been vacationing in the area for years and truly love it. I do feel that the Beacon House is expensive. I would love to stay there more often but it is costly especially if you stay a few days.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Great location, amenities, and breakfast. We have visited before and we will definitely return. We recommend any of the rooms with a balcony. Candy and Kathy are wonderful and have thought of every detail.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sea Girt, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Excellent facility and excellent service. We stayed in room 18 on the top floor. There was an excellent view of the beach and of Spring Lake from our balcony (which had two rocking chairs on it). Perfect for a couples getaway! Staff were so friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The location and the service was top notch! I flew in from AZ. to attend the wedding of my friend. Candy (owner) checked me in & made sure I had everything I needed. I couldn't ask for anything more, the beach was awesome.........great long weekend!
John M Chandler, AZ.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I have been to Sea Girt numerous times now; each time I have stayed in a family member's house located on the beach. The location of Sea Girt is wonderful.. Therefore, we decided to have my sister's baby shower here. Our family is enormous so we needed somewhere to stay other than this home.. The beacon house is located .25 miles from the house so we chose here as it was the closest location, and quite honestly the most decent location other than a personal home in that particular area.
This was my first experience in a bed and breakfast, and I honestly expected more for the price. We paid 1000+ for 3 nights with 3 people in the room(there is a 3 night minimum for summer weekends). Our room (2nd floor of the summer house) had a queen sized bed and we needed a roll away for the 3rd person.. Our roll away was comparable to the cushion from a lounge chair, placed on the floor. I was reluctant to allow my 6+ foot tall brother sleep on this, except that we realized the roll away was actually more comfortable than the bed! For that price, I expect to at least be able to sleep at night. I did not complain, as they were booked for the weekend (largely because the shower guests took up 50% of the rooms) and because I didn't want to make it a big deal on my sister's weekend. The room was quite small but i wasnt expectig anything huge.. the sink was in the bedroom because it couldnt fit in the small bathroom but this was the least of my concerns. Other than the beds needing work, the televisions need to be updated if the website is going to list a personal tv as a perk of the room. The tv was the size and shape of a small box. I saw this type of tv in my cousin's room next to us, but my parents' room had a small flat screen, so I realized every room was not the same.
As for the rest of the place: it was very cute. The common area in the main house and the porch were both very nice. The breakfast was decent, not anything amazing but I don't have complaints. The servers were very polite and friendly!
The owner/manager was also very friendly and never have any of us a problem. She seemed to love what she does and having the guests.
I loved the location of the beacon house.. Across the street from the Parker house if you wanted food or drinks, and so close to the beach.. With beach passes included in the stay (saves you $10/day I believe).
My final thoughts are that I wish I had a better stay at the beacon house for what I paid, as this is definitely a location I will continue to visit. If management updates the beds and tvs, I'd be more inclined to give it another chance. Until then, I'd rather save my hard earned money.

• Stayed July 2012
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Beacon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!