“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sea Girt
Beacon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Sea Girt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Beacon House for our annual vacation in September for the past 4 years and this lovely place keeps getting better and better. The hospitality afforded to us by Candy and Cathy makes us feel like we are coming home to visit family! The breakfasts Candy serves are gourmet and Cathy's attention to guests needs make this a very special place. Free beach passes, beach chairs, umbrellas and bikes add to the real value of this lovely place. Oh and don't forget the pool! How many B&Bs have a pool! Housekeeping is very good and early each day which is great. Just can't say enough good stuff about this place. If you love the Jersey shore then this is the place you want to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are the most convenient but the summer house is very nice too. We prefer the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at the Beacon House several times over the last 11 years. I find it to be a wonderful place to go with my family or my spouse or friends. The owner, Candy, knows me by name every time I call and/or arrive. She is welcoming and makes our stay a pleasure. The variety of rooms allows for you to find the right room(s) to stay whether you are looking for a visit as a couple or friends or family. We love being one short block from the beach and also being able to enjoy the Beacon House's pool. Beach badges and parking are included. If you know the area you know parking is a huge plus in the summer! Breakfast every morning is very good. This is a Bed & Breakfast with more amenities than other Bed & Breakfasts where I have stayed in the past. I highly recommend a stay here to anyone looking for a beach getaway whether in summer or off season. I should add that Sea Girt is a really nice beach and town. It's not the stereotypical "Jersey Shore" party town that might deter some visitors. So go and enjoy!

Room Tip: Depending on your group definitely ask the staff which rooms would be best for you as well as check...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We choose the Beacon House every summer for our annual girls weekend. It is the perfect place to reconnect with my sisters and cousins. The beach is close by for lazy afternoons in the sun. The rocking chairs on the front porch are our favorite hang out.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We just spent 4 heavenly days at this hotel. It was our first overnight on the Jersey Shore. We stayed in "The Cottage" which gave us plenty of room for our family and our pet Maltese. The rooms were very comfortable and clean with a very well-equiped efficiency kitchen. The location was one block from the ocean and we were provided with beach towels, chairs, umbrellas and passes. The staff was always present and very helpful. The main house and the grounds were very attractive and comfortable. It was even a pleasure just to sit on the porch in the shade and relax. We look forward to returning again and soon and would highly recommend Beacon House to everyone!

Room Tip: they are one of the only inns in the area to allow pets
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The large porch was wonderful during a rainy day. My girlfriends and I enjoyed the rainy day reading mags, sipping wine, rocking and just catching up. Everyone there were always helpful and it was nice staying by the pool occasionally. Would recommend this B and B without hesitation. So close to the beach!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were at the beacon house for 4 days and really enjoyed it. Cathy and Candice were so helpful and friendly. The rooms were pretty and the whole place was kept very clean. We stayed in Room 8 which had a balcony facing east. Very nice view.
The VIP admission to the parker house was great if you just wanted to stop in for a drink & not have to pay a cover/wait in line.
We plan to stay there again next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I were visiting family at the Shore and spent two nights at Beacon House. We had Rose Island, a second floor room with twin beds. It was small, quaint and pink, and quite comfortable. The layout of the room provides windows on three sides, and with the beautiful breezes we never used the air conditioning. The bathroom is split into two small rooms, one with a shower and one with toilet and a tiny sink. It worked out fine. Breakfast both mornings was delicious, with fresh fruit and a hot dish each morning. Good coffee. There was a small fridge in the parlor with bottled water and snacks on the honor system, which was so convenient to take thing to the beach. We sat in wicker chairs on the breezy front porch one early evening and watched the world go by as we enjoyed a bottle of chilled white wine - so pleasant, and so perfectly Sea Girty. (Can you tell I love this town, I have gone there since early childhood) . We went to the beach one day using the beach badges and chairs provided as well as an umbrella, very convenient. The location across the street from the Parker House is terrific and we had a lunch and a dinner there - excellent. The Parker House is a hopping spot on weekends with a line outside but we enjoyed the spectacle of the beautiful people and the music didn't bother us, even with the windows open. (We are city folks). Great location, nice people, comfy cute room, we were very happy here.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so choose what floor you are one if you have any issues - my knees don't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Spring Lake
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Beacon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!