“A good value”
Review of Sea Girt Lodge

Sea Girt Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have been going here for several years and for a quick couple of days stay the motel is clean and convenient. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Sea Girt Lodge is moderately priced and very clean. The pool and grounds are very well cared for. The pool hours are very convenient. The rooms are small, but contain all you need to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast area has tables and is supplied with small bagels, danish, and cereal. The coffee machine has a variety of options. Nothing fancy, just basic lodging..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank linvin664
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sea Girt Lodge New Jersey during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the price, cleanliness of the rooms and also telling us that the stay was nice though simple.

We have taken steps to further improve the quality of the stay and amenities. We assure that you shall find your next stay will leave you the experience of a luxurious stay.

We eagerly await your next stay at the Sea Grit and you shall be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I travel a great deal now, the reason being for the amazing hotel deals that are available. With careful planning, travel can be very affordable. That being said, I stayed here in August of 2011, with my teenage daughter and her 2 friends and yes the room was cheap. The room was small however clean, plenty of towels, and comfortable beds. The location was great for us, the girls also swam in the clean outdoor pool. We read the reviews before, knew what to expect and were not surprised or disappointed. No problems at the front desk, they were very cordial to us. The free breakfast was nothing great however we brought our own box of cereal, and the girls had a fine breakfast. Although we had no problems with noise, the walls do appear to be paper thin. My girls were laughing in the room and at 10:00 pm, a neighbor was banging on our wall! I would stay here again, but only after checking out the prices and reviews of other hotels in the area.

2  Thank restless57

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sea Girt Lodge during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the location, the cleanliness of the rooms and also telling us that you found our staff to be friendly and cordial. That is nothing more than we would expect of them but it is always nice to hear from an esteemed guest like you.

We have taken note of your suggestions and assure that we shall do the very best to make your next stay at our hotel a memorable experience.

The next time you visit our area, please choose to stay at the Sea Grit and you shall be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THE SEA GIRT LODGE...My friends and I recently stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge for a wedding. We are all adults who are mostly married couples, however the staff at the lodge chose to treat us like children. When we checked into the hotel we were informed by the desk manager that the hotel would have us arrested if we jumped into the pool after hours. I found this statement extremely odd since I have never been threatened by hotel staff upon checking in. We let the statement go and went to the wedding and reception, and upon returning to the hotel at 11p and were immediately harassed by the hotel's night manager who said that our car was too loud. I went to speak to him in the office, because the keycard for my room wasn't working. I said that I was sorry that the car was loud, but that we were not going anywhere for the rest of the evening so the car would not be turned on again. He responded by threatening to charge our credit cards fines and kick us out of the hotel. I said we would all be happy to leave if he were willing to refund our money, as I did not appreciate the way we were being treated. He said that he would not, so I told him that while most of us would be going to bed some us would be congregating in one of the rooms and to please call the room if he felt that we were being to loud. He said that it was almost midnight and that we should just go to bed. I said that he had no right to tell me to go to bed. At this point I left and did not here from him again until 5 am, when he called my room and awoke myself and my girlfriend to tell us that we were being kicked out of the hotel along with two of the other rooms from our group. I argued with him for over half an hour. He was extremely rude and threatened us repeatedly. I finally decided to return to my room and go back to sleep, telling him to call the police if he wanted me to leave. In the morning we checked out and asked about our fines. We were told that we did not have any and that the night manager admitted he may have called the wrong rooms for the noise complaint. We were told that a room had said when they checked out that the room next door had been a little noisy, but none of the rooms we were in were next to that one. The day manager said sorry, but did not seem to care. IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AN UNRULY TEENAGER stay at the Sea Girt Lodge, but if you want to be able to sleep through the night uninterrupted and not be threatened and harassed, I strongly recommend staying at another hotel. If you choose to stay in the Sea Girt Lodge anyways I wish you luck and remember that you were warned.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank GRM8
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sea Girt Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management received extra training in making sure that they were certain of the facts and calling the right room when a complaint has been made.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sea Girt Lodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Went to the front desk to inquire about moving to another room, to which i was looked at blankly and pretty much ignored. Room had an unpleasant smell to it. Most likely not re-booking this one.

4  Thank RedneckM70
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sea Girt Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the unpleasant smell you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sea Girt Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

The hotel was well kept up. Very, very clean. Quiet. Definitely will stay here again. Small rooms but usable. Good service.

Room Tip: We used Hotels.com and got a reasonable price. Stay Sun-Thurs for the best rates