“Inland Deal”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Montgomery, New York, United States
“Inland Deal”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I planned a last-minute getaway to Spring Lake on a Friday night. Everything in Spring Lake was booked! I found only one room for $250+ but luckily, Expedia emailed me a last minute deal in Sea Girt. The Sea Girt Lodge was available for less than $200 for the night. It is a cute economy motor-inn with a great location. It is in Wall, inland from Sea Girt. There is a Starbucks and great shops right next door. (Coach, Gymboree, William Sonoma, etc.) There is a great deli for breakfast & lunch right across the street. This hotel is no-frills. It's clean and quiet. The pool is small and shallow. It's great for young children. The room with two double-beds was tiny but fine. I have two minor complaints. The beds were uncomfortable and the matress sagged with two adults. There was no outdoor seating by the room. My young children won't settle down when we stay in a hotel in a bed right next to them. My husband and I waited outside the door of the room for them to fall asleep. We had to stand there since there were no chairs. The hotel has strict quiet hours to keep it family-oriented, but no chairs outside the room was a little silly, especially since the room was so tiny! The hotel offered a small complimentary continental breakfast, including coffee, juice, cereal & bagels. It was a nice touch. The tv offered a full cable line-up, including premium channels, which was nice for the kids. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. If you are looking for an inexpensive inland place to stay, this is the place for you. It was a 5 minute drive to the beaches in Sea Girt and Spring Lake. (You do not get beach passes at this hotel, since it is inland.) It was a 10 minute drive to the boardwalk in Point Pleasant. It was convenient to everything.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Paltz, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Travel: June 2011 (unable to select that as an option)

We stayed here last summer- it was not nearly as expensive per stay as I see it is this summer. It was worth the money last summer but I would say not so much for $200+/night as I see it listed for now.

This hotel was clean, staff was friendly, maid service daily with fresh towels provided. No signs of bugs or any critters and a mini fridge was provided. My Fiance' enjoyed that the room door went directly outside as he is a smoker and that makes it very convenient for him.

Pool was decent- enjoyed that after beach days to cool off or for an evening dip. Short drive to the local beach- beautiful calm beaches with a quaint little boardwalk. Local restaurants were Yum. I loved Sea Girt.

Would stay here again if the prices came down- I would expect much more for more than $200/night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martha M
Wayne, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have been going here for several years and for a quick couple of days stay the motel is clean and convenient. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Sea Girt Lodge is moderately priced and very clean. The pool and grounds are very well cared for. The pool hours are very convenient. The rooms are small, but contain all you need to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast area has tables and is supplied with small bagels, danish, and cereal. The coffee machine has a variety of options. Nothing fancy, just basic lodging..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank linvin664
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sea Girt Lodge New Jersey during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the price, cleanliness of the rooms and also telling us that the stay was nice though simple.

We have taken steps to further improve the quality of the stay and amenities. We assure that you shall find your next stay will leave you the experience of a luxurious stay.

We eagerly await your next stay at the Sea Grit and you shall be greatly pleased.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I travel a great deal now, the reason being for the amazing hotel deals that are available. With careful planning, travel can be very affordable. That being said, I stayed here in August of 2011, with my teenage daughter and her 2 friends and yes the room was cheap. The room was small however clean, plenty of towels, and comfortable beds. The location was great for us, the girls also swam in the clean outdoor pool. We read the reviews before, knew what to expect and were not surprised or disappointed. No problems at the front desk, they were very cordial to us. The free breakfast was nothing great however we brought our own box of cereal, and the girls had a fine breakfast. Although we had no problems with noise, the walls do appear to be paper thin. My girls were laughing in the room and at 10:00 pm, a neighbor was banging on our wall! I would stay here again, but only after checking out the prices and reviews of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank restless57
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sea Girt Lodge during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the location, the cleanliness of the rooms and also telling us that you found our staff to be friendly and cordial. That is nothing more than we would expect of them but it is always nice to hear from an esteemed guest like you.

We have taken note of your suggestions and assure that we shall do the very best to make your next stay at our hotel a memorable experience.

The next time you visit our area, please choose to stay at the Sea Grit and you shall be greatly pleased.

Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I booked through a third party website on the advice of Kayak. Before doing so, I read the reviews here. Upon arrival I was treated cordially by the front desk and found my room to be spotless. Now, this is a motor lodge near two major beach towns that are notorious for attracting the party crowd- Manasquan and Belmar- so I appreciated the strict quiet policy.

Everything was fine except the ambient temperature in my room- it was actually a little too chilly. The property uses a central air system with thermostats in each room instead of a dedicated unit for each room. I closed the vent but was still cold all night- what can I say, even though it was Labor Day I'm from Arizona.

Brought the issue up to the attention of the front desk, which was manned by the same person as the night before- that person is not the owner, just an employee. Brought the issue up again several hours later, and still no results. So, I called the customer service number for the booking company and told them my issue as well as submitting an email. In less than an hour there was a knock on my door- the desk clerk had a brand new portable room heater, the non-glowing heat element kind that resembles a miniature radiator. That was at ten minutes after seven at night. What was hilarious was that when I checked my email, the booking company had sent me a reply that arrived in my inbox exactly three minutes before the knock on the door. The email stated that they had been in contact with the motel management and that they were told that my situation was addressed.

Everything else was great in my room. On my fourth night, I came back to the room to the smell of cigarette smoke- this is a 100% non-smoking property. Each room has a notification that smoking is prohibited and that there is a heavy fee levied for cleaning rooms where someone has smoked. That wasn't the only issue though- there was a woman checked into the room next to me who was so loud in her phone conversation that I could hear it, especially her predilection for using the F word- and I mean every other word, I exaggerate not. This was unacceptable to me on both counts, so I called the front desk- I explained that even with my vent register tightly shut, the smoke was coming in my room and I could hear her clearly.

Less than five minutes later there was drama out in the parking lot- I opened the door to see what new social gaffe my neighbor was causing, perhaps a smack down? When I opened the door there was the property owner standing in front of the neighbor's door, and he politely gestured to me to please close my door and let him take care of the situation. What ensued was a conversation where the owner politely informed the guest that it was a non-smoking property and that she was not permitted to smoke in her room. Instead of being compliant, she got belligerent with him. He informed her that it was within his rights to charge her a cleaning fee, and that she needed to stop smoking immediately. She would not agree- I mean he was giving her a chance to stay if she would simply comply with policy, but she wanted to fight with him. More words were exchanged, and then she was in her white Mercedes and taking off from the property. After that, no more smoke in my room, no more F bombs heard through the wall. I was grateful.

I checked out after four nights, went to Philadelphia for two nights, and then returned to the Sea Girt lodge for my second booking, this time a three night stay. Different room but same high standard of immaculate housekeeping, artfully folded towels, quiet, and accommodation for my need for a heater from the front desk clerk.

Overall both my stays were pleasant, with the paramount issues and cleanliness and smoke free environment addressed. Being situated in what has become the "Bed Bug Belt" of the USA, even in five star Manhattan hotels, I give big props to the Sea Girt Lodge for providing a safe, clean, quiet room where I could rest and relax.

Room Tip: Bathrooms have windows, hair dryers, exhaust fans and heat lamps- adequate ventilation plus the wind...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank YouAreWhatYouRead
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 September 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THE SEA GIRT LODGE...My friends and I recently stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge for a wedding. We are all adults who are mostly married couples, however the staff at the lodge chose to treat us like children. When we checked into the hotel we were informed by the desk manager that the hotel would have us arrested if we jumped into the pool after hours. I found this statement extremely odd since I have never been threatened by hotel staff upon checking in. We let the statement go and went to the wedding and reception, and upon returning to the hotel at 11p and were immediately harassed by the hotel's night manager who said that our car was too loud. I went to speak to him in the office, because the keycard for my room wasn't working. I said that I was sorry that the car was loud, but that we were not going anywhere for the rest of the evening so the car would not be turned on again. He responded by threatening to charge our credit cards fines and kick us out of the hotel. I said we would all be happy to leave if he were willing to refund our money, as I did not appreciate the way we were being treated. He said that he would not, so I told him that while most of us would be going to bed some us would be congregating in one of the rooms and to please call the room if he felt that we were being to loud. He said that it was almost midnight and that we should just go to bed. I said that he had no right to tell me to go to bed. At this point I left and did not here from him again until 5 am, when he called my room and awoke myself and my girlfriend to tell us that we were being kicked out of the hotel along with two of the other rooms from our group. I argued with him for over half an hour. He was extremely rude and threatened us repeatedly. I finally decided to return to my room and go back to sleep, telling him to call the police if he wanted me to leave. In the morning we checked out and asked about our fines. We were told that we did not have any and that the night manager admitted he may have called the wrong rooms for the noise complaint. We were told that a room had said when they checked out that the room next door had been a little noisy, but none of the rooms we were in were next to that one. The day manager said sorry, but did not seem to care. IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AN UNRULY TEENAGER stay at the Sea Girt Lodge, but if you want to be able to sleep through the night uninterrupted and not be threatened and harassed, I strongly recommend staying at another hotel. If you choose to stay in the Sea Girt Lodge anyways I wish you luck and remember that you were warned.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank GRM8
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sea Girt Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management received extra training in making sure that they were certain of the facts and calling the right room when a complaint has been made.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sea Girt Lodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travellers are raving about these Sea Girt hotels

#2 of 5 in Wall Township
Shore Hills Motel
Shore Hills Motel
#3 of 4 in Manasquan

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!