“Just a bad expereince”
Review of Sea Girt Lodge

Sea Girt Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I was attending a wedding in Sea Girt and stayed there because it was a select hotel. After booking the reservation, my sister who lives in Sea Girt, warned me about staying there. She said her friends had a terrible experience. They made a reservation for a room with double beds, and when they arrive they were told there was no reservation. A family of 5 was put in a room with a single bed.

Well, the same exact things happened to us. We were told we never made a reservation but we were in luck, they had a room with a single bed. We were not given the wedding rate, we were charged $10 for a cot and the manager was rude.

I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank scotchplains23
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sea Girt Lodge during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receiving your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management staff received additional training in how to record reservations which were made.

2) The management staff received additional training in how to treat our valued guests. Being rude to our guests is something which we will not tolerate.

3) The housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness which we expect them to maintain.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again stay at Sea Girt Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 30 July 2008

I searched for a lot of places to stay near the beach and all of them were very expensive but Sea Girt lodge had an amazingg location and I was a little scared that the rooms werent gona be clean bc of the `cheap rate but the room was clean, it was convenient and the pool was real clean. id def recommend it

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank priyapatel
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I spent 3 business weeks there in May. The rooms (i had 2 different ones) are clean, but the shower is a stall type and could use a new curtain, shower head and a boost in water pressure. There were plenty of towels, and sundries were always full. The water is hot, and it didn't run out. The staff was friendly and the motel was quiet. But I was there before Memorial Day. The heat and air conditioning worked as expected. Bottom line? if you need a place to shower and sleep this motel should be considered. If you need to do some serious work, you may need something bigger. TV and high speed internet were just ok. With a little more elbow grease on the details, the Lodge could probably pick up another star.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 June 2008

This part of central NJ is rich in excellent B&Bs but motel poor. I visit the area often for family reasons and have always stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge with entire saisfaction. It was old, but well-maintained and welcoming. The advertsing pictures of the motel posted on the internet were accurate-- but no more. The spacious lobby and sunny, well-appointed breakfast area has been reduced to a dingy cubbyhole dominated by a surly guy sitting at a computer and talking with friends on his cellphone. The pleasant benches outside the rooms have disappeared.There has been an obvious change of ownership and the future looks like decline and fall. I was first assigned to a noisy, unsatisfactory room. The second room was slightly better, but the shampoo provided was a small, opened, half-used bottle of an offbrand. In the bedroom, a toilet paper banner trailed from the AC register to show the air was moving. My wife and I had to make do with a single key. Coffee in the lobby isn't available until 8 a.m., so at 7 I had to trek down to Starbucks.It looks like the new owners are trying to do everything on the cheap. I won't stay here again and can no longer recommend it to others. Pity .

• Stayed: June 2008
4  Thank ViajeroSomersPoint

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sea Girt Lodge at which to stay during your recent visit to our area.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that the quality of our establishment has gone down since the new owners have taken over. The former owners always kept the place in such good condition.

Upon reading your response, the followings steps were taken:

2) The housekeeping staff received additional training regarding cleaning the rooms. There was emphasis on replacing the shampoos and lotions that have been opened with fresh unopened ones.

1) The person in charge of the breakfast area received additional training in the courteous way he is expected to treat our valued guests. He was also told to keep the personal phone calls for non-working hours.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area you will again decide to stay at Sea Girt Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 7 July 2006

We had a great time at Sea Girt Lodge. Clean rooms, friendly staff, nice pool...even though it is in the middle of a parking lot. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank melissa3132015
A TripAdvisor Member
HAWTHORNE NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2005

We found this charming hotel after checking into a deplorable dump in the next town. We saw this on our way to dinner, turned around and checked it out. They had rooms available, so we stayed here instead. Everything was spotless. The pool was great after a day at the beach. Quiet atmosphere and family oriented. This was a great find and made our getaway just perfect. We will definately be back and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed 3 January 2005

Old roadside motel at high price, clean but out of date, rates expensive, nothing close by but strip malls.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

I’m glad that you found our establishment to be clean, if somewhat dated.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again choose to stay at Sea Girt Lodge. I think you will be pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sea Girt
#2 of 6 in Neptune
Walden on the Pond
Walden on the Pond
#6 of 7 in Spring Lake

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!