“Great Food - Great Atmosphere - Great Service”

Rod's Olde Irish Tavern
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Sea Girt
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I can't say enough about the food, atmosphere and service. We were a group of 14 and we like to share each other's food, so I got to taste a dozen dishes. EVERYTHING was great. There was not a bad meal served. Our servers were pleasant and very attentive. This was so refreshing after just a few days earlier eating at the Avon Pavilion a few miles away. That meal and service were the complete opposite - horrible food and kids serving, as well as a nasty hostess. At Rod's I would have to think hard to find a negative, except maybe . . . I didn't have room for dessert!

There are newer reviews for Rod's Olde Irish Tavern

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The building itself is really cool. I love the set up of the bar being a huge square in a huge room, however the food is blah. I always wonder how business owners go through so much trouble and expense to open up restaurants and then not go all the way. It's ok just not great, but why settle?
If you want to go have some beers with some friends this is a great place, but I wouldn't recommend it for dinner.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We decided to try Rod's out after a long walk on the boardwalk on New Year's Day. We sat at the bar, which was packed. We ordered wings, a bleu cheese burger and a chicken salad melt. The food was delicious! I loved the cheeseburger and my boyfriend enjoyed his sandwich. The portions were plentiful and the prices were reasonable. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Really nice decor. Nice and cozy beautifully docorated for the holidays. The food was excellent. Nice special menu. Perfect place to meet faily and friends.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We started going to Rod's for New Year's Eve dinner about 20 years ago. Many restaurants in our area require reservations or are only open for scheduled New Year's Eve parties. We prefer to have an early dinner and to spend our evening at home. Rod's serves their regular menu plus blackboard specials. We also dine here during the year and have very rarely been disappointed. Last night we had a delicious meal. I had sliced sirloin steak on toast points and my husband had a 16 oz. sirloin steak. Both were cooked to our specification and were juicy and tender. When we are in the mood for beef, Rod's is one of our "go to" places. The Chicken Francese is one of the best ever. Reasonably priced, great service and a friendly place.