“Don't pay any attention to those negative reviews!”
Review of Busch's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place is every bit as good as it was when I came here in the 50s/60s with Mom and Dad. Who cares the prices are a little higher The quality and quantity (almost too much) is worth the price. After almost 60 years of enjoying Bush's devilled clams I still enjoy it. And you still get a fresh fruit whiskey sour or Daquiri. I guess there are too many stuck up yuppies at the shore any more. For us 60somethings who grew up looking forward to summer at the Jersey shore, Bush's is still in my top ten.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Have been going at least once a Summer for over 18 years. If you are looking for good and not greasy fried seafood, you will be very happy. The fried scallops and shrimp are one of my favorite meals. The crabmeat cocktail is large and very cold and fresh. Snapper soup is a bit off its game but was still good. Matt the bartender and Diane, one of the wait staff are the best in the business. They know how to make your night enjoyable. Could the place use an update, absolutely, but I never went there for the wall color. Glad that they are still in business!

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Wow, this was truly a terrible meal. Both my wife and I were concerned that we were going to be sick afterwards. She had crab imperial, which was essentially a hot bowl of mayonnaise. I had stuffed shrimp with mac and cheese. Shrimp had no flavor and was rubbery. The crab stuffing was all grease. Mac and cheese was definitely frozen Stouffers. All that for $100. Gag.

3  Thank Miamizim
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have been staying in OCNJ every summer for almost 25 years. Every year has included a visit (or two) to Busch's. Last year, I noted that the restaurant was not the same any more. I went back again this year and nothing has changed. Busch's did not seem to be a happy place any more. Our meal was okay, but the restaurant seemed empty. Probably will be looking for a new special place at the beach....

1  Thank Doug R
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Knew this would be bad when bread was stale, salad from a bag, scallops had no taste. Atmosphere old and ugly. Only good thing was our waitress. It may be in business 131 years but I would never go again

2  Thank jojamapa