“Great afternoon of fishing”
Review of Family Fisherman

Family Fisherman
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Sea Isle City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Four of us went on the afternoon trip and had a great time! Capt. Tony and mate where very knowledgeable and gave excellent service to all onboard. Although no keepers were caught on this trip, many fish were caught by all!

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Went out for three hours with my 14 year old and her two younger cusins (10 & 11) all the kids caught at least 15 fish each and since we were in the back water we got to fish for all but 30 min. The first mate and captain were very good with the kids also.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The previous review indicates adults only, but that only applies to the Family Fisherman's 2 evening cruises.

Actually, they are open 7 days a week with morning (8:30-11:30am) and afternoon (12:30-3:30pm) back bay fishing for families. I have gone twice with a third trip planned on Aug. 4th (2015). Check out their website!

On the first trip (Aug 2013), I brought my son as well as 3 students from France (14-17yrs old). The boys from France barely spoke English, and had never been fishing before, but they had a wonderful time. Captain Tony and Mate Brett were friendly and knowledgeable.

The 2nd time (Aug 2014), I went with my husband and two children (20 yrs and 18 yrs). Again, a terrific day. This time Captain Tony was joined by Mate Dave who entertained us with many stories.

Even someone with no fishing background can have a wonderful time on the Family Fisherman. The mates help bait the hooks and remove caught fish from the hooks.Most people throw the fish back into the bay, but, if the fish meets the size requirements of the law, it can be put on ice and taken home for dinner. There was a variety of fish caught -- sea bass, flounder, shark. On my two trips, Captain Tony made sure that everyone "caught" a fish!

The back bays of Sea Isle City and neighboring areas are very relaxing.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

This is an adults only, 3-hour, BYOB boat cruise along the back bays of Sea Isle. Your crew is Captain Tony and First Mate Brett. Best three hours of a Saturday evening, ever! First, they have their own parking lot so that's positive. Second, they are within walking distance of local bars to continue the dance! Dance to Sirius music, sing out loud, watch the sunset and the most fun is waving to the people like you are in a boat parade! We had a lot of fun! My husband did pack our booze and food so we could kind of have a slightly romantic dinner for two! Make sure you tip Brett because he's a great guy and we enjoyed listening to his boat stories! Add this to your "Let the party continue" summer list!

1  Thank CherylAnnRD