“Very friendly”

Anchor Motel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Very friendly”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Good local , if you only wanted a room to sleep in perfect. I didn't go to the shore to stay in a motel room a/c rocks microwave tv shower bed an no phone . Very friendly owners I'm going back next yr. Thx

• Stayed July 2011

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kenhorst
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The Anchor Motel staff are a disgrace. The owner JD thinks he can do, or say whatever he pleases to his customers at any given time. He made fun of my friend last year and told her she acted like she had down syndrome. He also called me fat and a cleptomaniac without any given reason. The maids stole me and my friends stuff right out of our bags [ciggarettes, alchohol, A LOT of money, ect.... and JD and his family [who own the Anchor] did NOTHING about it. The Anchor is dirt cheap but it is not worth the harrassment you will get staying there and getting your stuff stolen from maids! Honestly, THE HERSHEY MOTEL IS THE WAY TO GO , it's so much better [rooms, pool, bar, service] plus it's ACTUALLY CHEAPER than the Anchor Motel by a good amount.

All I'm saying is DO NOT GO TO ANCHOR MOTEL!

<3 Amber, Dani, Kristi, Ana, Erin, Anne, Carrie, Sky, Crystal :]

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank danielle621
seapalace, Owner at Anchor Motel, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Dani,

First of all you have not stayed with us for past two years so I am not sure how would your personal belongings would be stolen unless it was stolen from the Hershey Motel where you stayed last year. We never said that you were fat or cleptomaniac. These terms were used by your friends. We have treated you and your friends like family when you stayed with us. We always respect our guests who repsects us. Your friends came to us and accused you of the stealing there personal belonging. Everytime Amber has called me I have tried my best to give the best deal. I am sorry if I have said something wrong which may hurt your feeling. We would love to have you back and I will try my best to give you the best possible rate.

JD

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My family and I have been going to the Anchor Motel for the past 5 years and always have a great time. The kids talk about it all year long and can't wait to return. The management and staff are courteous and helpful. We've never been disappointed. We will be returning again this August.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My friend and I stayed there on August 2, 2010. When we arrived, we quickly checked out the room. It appeared ok except the bathroom was TINY. Smallest shower ever. So, we decided to not shower and just head to the boardwalk. When we came back, my friend looked at one bed. There was a gross stain on one comforter, so she checked the other bed. There were hairs within the sheets. One was a pubic hair. We went to to tell the front desk guy and he offered us new sheets or a different room. We opted for new sheets. However, when we started to change the sheet, we saw how gross the mattress and mattress pad were. When we went back to tell him, he got extremely defensive. He actually started to raise his voice at me! I am not a loud, confrontational person at all. I then told him I refuse to stay here for the night, and he offered 50% off the room. I tried to argue my way down to more, but he was insistent, and very rude about it.

The room was so gross. Don't stay here! The towels had a gross yellow tinge to them, hair in the beds, stains on the sheets, teeny bathroom, rude staff, etc. One positive: EXCELLENT LOCATION. That's why he has so many people staying there all the time. I don't think it's worth it though.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelerRach
new york
Reviewed 5 July 2010

clean hotel and staff was very nice...our kids loved the pool..great location!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Nuremberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Great value for the price. The location was excellant - walking distance to everything. The staff was very friendly. We're coming back this year!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ogdensburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My friends and I stayed at The Anchor Motel for our Prom Weekend getaway. We had the best time ever. The room we stayed in was great !!! The people who work at the motel were so friendly and so helpful. They helped make our vacation so pleasant and so much fun. Thank you to all of the staff at The Anchor Motel !!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends