“The Place To Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Hewitt, New Jersey, United States
“The Place To Stay!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just came back from a weekend stay at the Bay Breeze Motel and I have nothing but good things to say. The owner was very nice, rooms were clean, the bathrooms were spacious and free breakfast! All for a great price. I will be back!

1 Thank Sam C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The motel was as advertised. Clean and quiet. A little farther of a walk than I wanted to the beach, but nothing to be done about that. The owner was extremely polite and helpful. I experienced no issues here. Nothing broken, no bugs, no dirt. Pool was small but clean and very enjoyable after a day at the beach. The continental breakfast was a nice touch and saved us a bit of money, which is always good. Same with the beach badges.

Room Tip: Top floor is always the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Newfoundland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My family had a great two days in Seaside Heights. The weather, water, and waves kept us busy during the day. Typical experience on the boardwalk at night and we were exhausted. Check-in was easy and we were able to check-in at noon. The rooms are a place to stay. My wife was less satisfied with the cleanliness than I was. She is not real picky by nature, so I guess rooms were less clean than I realized. The bathroom and floors could use more elbow grease. My kids enjoyed the pool. It was small, but very clean and hit the spot aftter the beach. They have a real simple breakfast that was perfect to get us on the road home in time for lunch. Mike and his family are really willing to accommodate guests. He provided good suggestions for meals, and asked for feedback. We enjoyed dinner at Clee's very much! Shout out to Brittany our waitress.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TripsAAA1
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Love it!!! Great hotel, very clean, I recommended it to all of my friends when we got back, my kids loved it as well!! Can't wait to go back!! It is a great place to stay for a weekend get away. Also, Mikey is definitely a great guy, very helpful with a lot of things! We will definitely be visiting there again soon.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Ramyss
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at the baybreeze because the normal motel we Always stay at was booked. We very nerviously chose this motel because of the mixed reviews for it, hOwever it was rated #3 so we figured we would give it a shot because they had vacancy. It is very hard to find a decent motel in seaside that is clean. We learned the hard way by booking the aztec one time boy what a dump! I must say the baybreeze is not the best motel we ever stayed at but it was not the worst either, it certainly wasn't a dump like the aztec. There was minor issues with the room, like there was hair everywhere. There was hair on our pillows, towels, under the sheets and the floor had a bunch of sticky spots on it, we also found a couple of cups and ping pong balls under the bed from the previous occupants. One thing I did not like was the distance from the boardwalk. The normal place we stay is half a block from beach and boardwalk, where the baybreeze is about 3 NYC blocks and you have to cross 2 highways which was a pain when you have 2 young kids and you are carrying beach stuff. Overall it's an ok place to stay if you need somewhere to stay the manager mike is very nice but it's certainly not my first choice.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Troublemaker-24
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and i stayed here for 3 days and we LOVED IT, Mike and the staff was AMAZING, very helpful and welcoming. we got lost on the way and mike helped us get there and was waiting out side for us, he stayed on the phone the whole time untill we pulled in. The rooms were Very clean hard wood floors, big space, clean showers, flat screen T.V. and the price was VERY resonable!! the pool was very clean and refresing, CANT BEAT THE LOCATION!! we used to stay at a hotel down the road, but i found this one online because mine cought fire, but we will deffinatly be coming back to the baybreeze motel next year! I felt so at home here. thank you mike and staff for everything that you have done and making out vacation memorable!!!

-Jeff & Loretta W.

Room Tip: Deffinatly get a room on the middle floor breeze was good rooms were light and very relaxing !
1 Thank daniele c
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is the second time that I've stayed in the Bay Breeze with my boyfriend. We booked it a second time because of the price, the cleanliness, and the hospitality. The owner was always making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The rooms have hardwood floors which I prefer over grimy carpeting any day and we liked the fact that the rooms all have microwaves and mini fridges. It's not too far from the beach and boardwalk, it only takes about 5 minutes to walk there. There's a really good corner store down the block called Babe's that will have everything you need and some good restaurants. I don't understand why there are tons of negative reviews on here because out of all my shore experiences this place is on the top of my list.

Room Tip: Room 16 is a larger room!
1 Thank alison n