Harassing phone call
I recently made a reservation for Bay Breeze Motel, 230 Summer Ave, Seaside Heights NJ 08751 Phone Number (732) 830-4555 on Priceline.com. Prior to making this reservation I called a hotel directly and asked questions as to the location, and some other small details. I also asked for a quote for 2 adults and two children age 12. The man gave me a quote of $119.00. Since I didn't have the comfort level and knowledge of whom is the person representing a motel, I asked if I can make a reservation on-line. The man replied yes but to call him for reservation (man had a very heavy accent). I proceeded to go on line and booked the hotel through Priceline.com. Next day I had a message from "Mike" representing the motel requesting that I call back. I called back and "Mike" answered. He was angry and in harassing voice stated "Why did I make my reservation on line ten minutes after he told me to call him back" proceeding in angry voice to tell me that now I will pay more since I didn't call him and he will charge me for two kids extra $35.00 a person a day. My blood pressure raised through the roof because he was so angry and kept repeating that he couldn't believe I made reservations on line and not call him. I was very distort and in disbelief. I asked if he was the owner and he replied: "I am the owner, the manager and everything else". I never had something like that happen to me in 51 years. What type of a business is this motel? At this point I am not even sure if my child (it will be only one child) will be safe in that environment. I attempted to cancel my reservation through priceline (that transferred me to booking.com) but "Mike" would not allow it unless I pay a $100.00 penalty. In addition why would someone be so angry that I made reservation on-line since they are getting business anyway, unless they are trying to generate cash business that they might not want to report. Regardless, no consumer should be harassed in this way and no business should be allowed to harass their consumers like this. We are proceeding cautiously with our reservation since we have no other choice, but no business should be allowed to harass and treat their consumers that way. They are not registered with NJ BBB??? I will follow this post after our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled centrally in the residential area of town, we are just a short walk to the beach, boardwalk, restaurants, amusements, and nightlife of Seaside Heights. We provide clean, well appointed deluxe rooms with comfortable modern facilities to our discriminating guests. Something for everyone, and it's all right here. We feature easy access to beautiful white-sanded beaches and the bayfront! Of course, the family will love our famous boardwalk with many rides, attractions and lots of arcade fun! For water fun with even more zip, try the nearby waverunner and water sport rental and the amusement park! And why not give the newly remodeled Breakwater Beach Water park a try? And don't miss the fireworks every Wednesday night on the boardwalk!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Breeze Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Breeze Hotel Seaside Heights
- Bay Breeze Seaside Heights
- Bay Breeze Motel Seaside Heights, NJ - Jersey Shore