“Afraid to go”

Ohio City, Ohio
“Afraid to go”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Harassing phone call
I recently made a reservation for Bay Breeze Motel, 230 Summer Ave, Seaside Heights NJ 08751 Phone Number (732) 830-4555 on Priceline.com. Prior to making this reservation I called a hotel directly and asked questions as to the location, and some other small details. I also asked for a quote for 2 adults and two children age 12. The man gave me a quote of $119.00. Since I didn't have the comfort level and knowledge of whom is the person representing a motel, I asked if I can make a reservation on-line. The man replied yes but to call him for reservation (man had a very heavy accent). I proceeded to go on line and booked the hotel through Priceline.com. Next day I had a message from "Mike" representing the motel requesting that I call back. I called back and "Mike" answered. He was angry and in harassing voice stated "Why did I make my reservation on line ten minutes after he told me to call him back" proceeding in angry voice to tell me that now I will pay more since I didn't call him and he will charge me for two kids extra $35.00 a person a day. My blood pressure raised through the roof because he was so angry and kept repeating that he couldn't believe I made reservations on line and not call him. I was very distort and in disbelief. I asked if he was the owner and he replied: "I am the owner, the manager and everything else". I never had something like that happen to me in 51 years. What type of a business is this motel? At this point I am not even sure if my child (it will be only one child) will be safe in that environment. I attempted to cancel my reservation through priceline (that transferred me to booking.com) but "Mike" would not allow it unless I pay a $100.00 penalty. In addition why would someone be so angry that I made reservation on-line since they are getting business anyway, unless they are trying to generate cash business that they might not want to report. Regardless, no consumer should be harassed in this way and no business should be allowed to harass their consumers like this. We are proceeding cautiously with our reservation since we have no other choice, but no business should be allowed to harass and treat their consumers that way. They are not registered with NJ BBB??? I will follow this post after our stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank MilionMilesTravel
BaybreezeNJ, Manager at Bay Breeze Motel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Not understanding motel policy in your part does not mean we are harassing.

We do take all review seriously and take necessary action to improve. We provide clean, well-appointed deluxe rooms with comfortable modern facilities to our guests.
As per our motel policy, only registered guests are allowed to stay, and no visitors are allowed,
Up to two children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged USD 35 per person per night when using existing beds.This policy is posted on all website .

Here is "Cancellation Policy ,This policy defines how to handle cancellations
Please note, if canceled, modified or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged."

Not understanding motel policy in your part does not mean we are harassing.

We just wanted you to explain this policy so that you can understand and make reservation as per your need.
We always like to make our guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed for 1 night Sunday into Monday with 2 adults and a 3 yr old. We were looking for a nice, clean place to shower up after the beach and get a good night's sleep and we got it here for a decent price. There was a bonus of breakfast included the next morning which was nice. The manager even let us keep our car parked there after checking out so we did not have to pay a meter at the boardwalk. We will definitely come back for another short stay before the summer ends.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank jb0611
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed over a Friday night and the management could not have been nicer! The room was clean and the fridge was cold. Microwave and bathroom were spotless and the beds were clean and comfy! Definately would recommend, would stay again anytime!

4 Thank MrsH33469
Pottsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My sister took my children on a mini vacation and we weren't sure where to stay because we were never at Seaside Heights. My sister and teenage children thought the beach and motel rocked. . friendly staff and Mike was very accommodating. This motel is a great place for families to stay :) Mike runs a tight ship and you feel like he really cares about the property and the safety of his guests!! We would definitely stay here again:))

4 Thank Lynn L
phila
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Made the right choice with Bay Breeze....clean quiet and cozy is what we were looking for and is what we received.My niece and nephew loved the pool ......Thanks Mike for taking care of us...see you next year.....

3 Thank dadscinderella
PA
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Thanks again for another great stay! Room was clean and housekeeping was very accommodating by providing extra towels and pillows! Staff is great, always checking to make sure that your stay is perfect. No need to look anywhere else, we will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank oceangirl8180
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a quick girls weekend. The location is a quick walk to the boardwalk, nearby restaurants, and convenience stores. The owners were very nice and accomodating. There were 5 of us and we all were happy with this hotel. We will definately stay here again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends